Reasons Why You Should Not Care About Appearances

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True you shouldn't worry so much of what others think of you. It's healthy.

It's not everything...but it is something.
Every women I've ever been with finds me attractive and say they loved me.
I'm not the greatest looking guy in the world.
However a lot of women have been giving compliments alot lately.

Ok so today this beautiful babe was telling another chick about my body and how good I look.
I don't work out too much...but I do enough to stay in shape and have good muscle tone. It makes me feel smexy :).
I'm not fat. I'm skinney, however just being skinney dosn't neccessary means I'm in shape. So that's why I like to stay in tone or excersize.
My challenge is in reverse of over wieght people. My metabolism is high. Bascailly i can lose wieght just by breathing and I dont eat junk food.
Excersize also helps to release stress and depression.
I do dress clean and smexy.
Obviously she had been checking me out from head to toe.
I've been checkin her out too...yummmieeeeee :p

I also think a part of it is becuase I feel good about myself and the way I carry myself.

Badjedidude said:
I gotta wear stupid khaki pants and button shirts and v-neck vests and stoopid ties to work. :( *sigh* lol

Yeah i have to wear a tie too. Kinda' getting the hang of tying it.

14liyif.jpg

To think people still attempt to tie neckties. We live in an age of clip-ons people.

I don't give a f* about appearance, especially in men. Those who really look good will cheat because they can. And won't give a f* about their serious relationships, because their next partner is never very far. It's a preconceived idea I always had, and experience proved it right to me, twice just in the last five years. I like attractive men, but not attractive to the point of being in love with themselves.

That, plus guys who experienced rejection, failure and suffering are usually tougher overall. I like a guy who can offer decent emotional/physical support to his woman. Decorative flakes don't make it far in real life, they're like a tiny caravel on the ocean.

As for MY appearance... I'm a woman. Already at 35. My "beauty" won't last forever, so I like to take a good care of it while I have it. It's taken me some efforts and research to find tricks that work with my features. And now I'm glad to keep up with these little habits, they've become easy.

It's not a question of weight, I'm closer to Marilyn Monroe than to Kate Moss honestly, and it's fine by me. It's a question of taking a few minutes to do something with your hair, skin, makeup before going out to do your day. Looking your best is good for a woman's self esteem. When, coming back from work, you look at yourself in the subway station windows, and think "Ok, I look fine. I don't have to worry." That's an awesome stress reliever. :)

I'm one of those people who were terrible looking in high school before becoming at least decent looking during college, so I've developed an immense aversion toward shallowness, not to mention the symptoms of social anxiety that I haven't completely gotten over.

For example, I have a decent number of friends but none who are really into the things that I'm into, so our interaction is usually limited to Facebook and maybe a gathering once a month. One girl, who essentially my clone in regards to interests and knew it, could have changed that, but her Facebook would say things like, "the media needs to treat men the way they do women so they won't look like they do now and I won't be in dire need of eye candy" or "I shouldn't settle for anything less than this *includes picture of male model*" and so on. I loathe shallow people, so I ignored all her attempts to get close to me and limited our interaction to a few Facebook Likes -- but at least I'll be able to live with myself because I know that she is precisely the type of person who would not have given a friggin' hoot about me in high school. In short, I agree: looks don't mean a thing. I tend to prefer the uniquely attractive women over the conventionally attractive and talentless, make-up drenched women like Megan Fox.

Err... umm, I can only say that I don't give a honeysuckle what others think of my appearance. I march to the beat of MY own drum.

Maybe "not care" isn't the right way to look at it. If you don't care what you look like then you are ignoring an essential part of yourself. And not caring about some part of you is on the path to not caring about taking care of yourself. And that last sentence is probably not good grammar, but I think it made sense.

Suits & ties are excellent. I love wearing my suit when I do competitions and stuff - I don't wear a tie though :p

SophiaGrace said:
appearance is everything, dont let yourself think otherwize. No successful looking person is ungroomed.

Btw please dont type in all caps, it makes me feel like you are yelling at me.

May I ask, what accounts for being successful?

Should success not be when you die peacefully and content with your life?

Arsenic Queen said:
I don't give a f* about appearance, especially in men. Those who really look good will cheat because they can. And won't give a f* about their serious relationships, because their next partner is never very far. It's a preconceived idea I always had, and experience proved it right to me, twice just in the last five years. I like attractive men, but not attractive to the point of being in love with themselves.

I disagree with this. I don't think attractive men will cheat because they can (maybe it does happen more often for them as they get more people interested and temptation comes along more often. But cheat because they can? No, a man in love is a man in love, regardless of attractiveness).

Perhaps though attractive men are sooner to stop a relationship in which they are not entirely satisfied because they know they probably won't have a hard time finding someone new to try with.

Arsenic Queen said:
That, plus guys who experienced rejection, failure and suffering are usually tougher overall. I like a guy who can offer decent emotional/physical support to his woman. Decorative flakes don't make it far in real life, they're like a tiny caravel on the ocean.

With this I do agree. I handled getting rejected by someone I loved very badly and it took me a long time to get over it, very long. I was an emotional mess. But I feel like ever since I got myself to move on, emotionally I have become much, much more stable. I've learned to put things better into perspective.

flaneur said:
I'm one of those people who were terrible looking in high school before becoming at least decent looking during college, so I've developed an immense aversion toward shallowness, not to mention the symptoms of social anxiety that I haven't completely gotten over.

Would it make me sound cocky if I said the same thing counted for me... I didn't have that much attention of girls in high school. In college my looks improved a nice bit. I wouldn't say I am unattractive. Friends find it weird that I still have such a difficult time with girls at times.

Although I wouldn't start dating someone who I am not at least attracted to, I much prefer the simple nice girl who has her own ambitions and dreams in the back than the gorgeous girl who is putting herself in the centre of attention because she knows she can.

I believe looks aren't everythin, but they still count, and you should care.

You've got to look after yourself. The majority of people will state that looks dont matter. But you know deep inside, they do. It can be all about the personality, but you dont want a guy who doesnt wash, look after himself, slobs out etc.

You dont have to be perfect...it's impossible to pin point what perfect actually is.

I honestly think a person's smile is their most attractive feature.

Smiles warm my heart, no matter who from.

PurpleDays said:
I honestly think a person's smile is their most attractive feature.

Smiles warm my heart, no matter who from.

Good smile, beautiful eyes is the main thing i look for

When out I like to look smart. That is smart casual and my dressing seems to have a good impression on people in my village because they smile kindly upon me. I care about first impressions because it's important.

Otherwise when at home I'll be decked out in cut off jeans, woolly jumper or hoody, or however I feel because nobody is going to see me. Unless visitors are expected, then I'll make myself look more presentable.

hmmm.. looking at the original post... so... does that mean there is something wrong with us skinny people?
*laughs*

blackdot said:
hmmm.. looking at the original post... so... does that mean there is something wrong with us skinny people?
*laughs*
I've once seen a woman so skinny her boobs were inward. That would be too skinny for me (if the same existed in a man).

Latest posts

Back