recommend me some "foreign" movies...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here is one from France.

[youtube]eCRS-x8BnQw&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]msZXB0XZgTk[/youtube]

watch Oldboy 100% in fact watch the whole vengeance trilogy.
Battle Royale
A tale of two sisters
Audition
Ichi the killer

<3 Asian cinema

Cinema Paradiso
The Seventh Seal
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Tiger and the Snow
Life is Beautiful
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
Joyeux Noel
Like Water for Chocolate

just a few..

Yeah, like a few others have said, OldBoy, Zatoichi and Ichi-The-Killer are three good ones.Ichi The Killer is one messed-up film.

All time fav hilarious comedy by Emir Kusturica
Crna macka, beli macor Black cat, white cat
MV5BMTI0OTk0MDQ5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTMyMzMzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Probably The Fall doesn't count as foreign? Worth a watch anyway if you haven't
MV5BMjAzODUwMjM1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU2MjU2MQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Great comedy by Fellini
MV5BMTMzMzY3MTAyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk3MDQzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Ofelas, a thousand year old tale of heroism from the Sami people. Action an skis, gore and love
MV5BMTkwODMyNjIwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTg3MTM5._V1._SY317_.jpg

Un prophète
MV5BMTUyMjQ1MTY5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY5NjExMw@@._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

Brilliant Romeo and Juliet set in Macedonia
Before the Rain
MV5BMTM3MzAwMzc1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA4NjA3MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

Battle Royale 1 & 2 are a very good choice if you don't mind bloody films. Death Note isn't bad. Water Lilies and Le Serpent are 2 French films I like. Worth watching I think :]

Some really great suggestions here! Surprised that no one has not mentioned Wenders' "Der Himmel über Berlin" (English released as "Wings of Desire") - it's so incredibly beautiful, and my favourite film to boot. It should be recommended viewing for lonely people. It makes loneliness look really romantic and cool on everyone. Starring Bruno Ganz (familiar to many as Hitler in Downfall) as an absolutely magnificent, lonely angel with the best eyes ever..... And Columbo. And Berlin (the city). And Nick Cave does a cameo. If you find yourself having one of those days when you hate people and life... and you hate that feeling, watch this.

One of my favorite ones, Versus. It's essentially The Matrix with zombies and the slapstick humor of Evil Dead 2.

The Dreamers (2003, France/UK/Italy, drama/romance), directed by Bernardo Bertolucci. .
Braindead (1992, New Zealand - released as Dead Alive in North America, comedy/horror).
Leon (1994, French, crime/drama/thriller).
Ma mère (2004, French/Austrian/Portuguese/Spanish, drama).
Dans Ma Peau (2002, French, horror)

You might like "10 timer til paradis" the english title changed to "Teddy Bear". It is about a lonely bodybuilder that goes to Thailand to find love. I liked the movie and it has a nice ending.

It's based off of this short titled "Dennis"

[video=youtube]

Virgilia said:
You want to watch "the orphanage", are you talking about the Spanish horror movie?
If you like horror movies, I really enjoyed REC (It's Spanish).

If you want something more "serious", I'd recommend "The Secret in Their Eyes": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305806/

The Secret in Their Eyes is a really good film, I'd recommend that too.

I've seen too many, where to start?? I'll list the first few that pop in my head...

Sci Fi
Stalker
Solaris (1972)
Timecrimes

Horror
REC
Audition
Let the right one in

Drama/Thriller
Hidden (Caché)
City Of God
La Haine

Martial Arts
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk
Seven Samurai

kamya said:
You might like "10 timer til paradis" the english title changed to "Teddy Bear". ...

Thanks. Based on the synopsis i figured that i would pass on it because it didn't sound of interest. After seeing most of the short that you linked to, i changed my mind and hopefully can watch it next weekend.

There's "Black Cat, White Cat"
It's a Serbian movie about the gypsy lifestyle. You probably have to have lived in the region to fully appreciate it but it's still funny and upbeat.

Cinema Paradiso :)

"Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, internationally released as Cinema Paradiso, is a 1988 Italian drama film written and directed by Giuseppe Tornatore."

Okiedokes said:
Cinema Paradiso :)

"Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, internationally released as Cinema Paradiso, is a 1988 Italian drama film written and directed by Giuseppe Tornatore."

Great film :)

Latest posts

Back