recommend me some "foreign" movies...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to watch a lot of older foreign films, and I'm not sure if that's your cup of tea, but here are some that I've really liked:

Thriller/Suspense:

"Diabolique"
"Knife in the Water"
"The Bird With the Crystal Plumage"

Drama:

"Band of Outsiders"
"Yojimbo"

Horror:

"Eyes Without a Face"
"Them" (this one is a bit newer - 2006)

Stalker

MV5BMTY2MTM3MTU2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE3MzgzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079944/

Storyline

Near a gray and unnamed city is the Zone, an alien place guarded by barbed wire and soldiers. Over his wife's numerous objections, a man rises in the dead of night: he's a stalker, one of a handful who have the mental gifts (and who risk imprisonment) to lead people into the Zone to the Room, a place where one's secret hopes come true. That night, he takes two people into the Zone: a popular writer who is burned out, cynical, and questioning his genius; and a quiet scientist more concerned about his knapsack than the journey. In the deserted Zone, the approach to the Room must be indirect. As they draw near, the rules seem to change and the stalker faces a crisis

stalker.jpg

100862360_tarkovsky_254011c.jpg

I've been meaning to watch that. I thought "The Mirror" by Tarkovsky was good. Also "Solaris."

Absolutely love foreign films! I've seen quite a few but can't remember the titles, lol, but the one I do remember, because I loved it so much I bought it, is Amélie. It is awesome, a real feel good movie. And Audrey Tautou is one of my favorite actresses.

Edited to add that this is the original title: Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain

So what is foreign film on an English forum? Maybe everything outside of the USA? Everything not in English? Or the simple: everything outside the own country of every poster?

For German Films, I can recommend most films by Fritz Lang and with Til Schweiger.
As for UK films, I really enjoy the new BBC movies for "Sherlock" and "Jekyll". Other British Sherlock Holmes films can be very entertaining too, I recommend to see the ones with Peter Cushing or Jeremy Brett, like for example The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959 or 1988)

At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul (1964) is a nice horror film from Brazil. Not bad, too... Trollhunter (2010) from Norway is nice too...
I could make a world tour with such movies, I don't think that there is one country who never had a nice movie till now.

Oh and nearly forgot: The spanish version of the old Dracula movie. In original synchronisation: A must see ... some say it's better than the other film, with Bela Lugosi. I think they are equal.

Same goes for the movie: Incubus (1966), only watch in Esperanto with English subtitles. You won't regret it. :)
Incubus was made in the USA, but it seems more foreign than most foreign movies I saw yet. :D

Latest posts

Back