Red hair

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk

Reaction score
So....I have red hair...

I have crappy fair skin, a weird hair color, and the the 'names'.

Rarely called the names but I always feel like everyone is thinking it.

TBH the only one I don't like is ginger....The others are fun, but that one is derogatory....And is consequently the most popular.

I just want to be normal. I feel like my chances at the all elusive GF would be much better. Venting. Sorry.

It's ironic how all the kids who watched that South Park episode completely missed the point.

Well i like red hair... red hair is hot
i also dislike seing someone called ginger it's offensive but there will be always stupid people around so we will just have to ignore it
and you shouldn't feel judged like that, if people are going to look down on you for something you can't control they are full retarded

A lot of cultures don't see red hair as a negative thing, a lot of women don't either. I've known many women who like red haired men. But if it really bothers you, you could always dye it.

i can only comment on red head women (because i'm a guy) but there is no shortage of hotties with red hair.
1742_1544_450.jpeg

even as i guy I know there are lots of hearthrobs too.. can anyone argue with the attractivness of Robert Redford or John F Kennedy? just to name a couple off the top of my head.

I so lusted after Jamie Luner during her Melrose days!

I have to admit, I'm partial to brunettes but that doesn't mean I'd instantly dismiss any other hair color. :)

Red hair is incredibly sexy. You should embrace it as it is the hair color you were born with. It's apart of you and there are plenty of chicks who will love it. I do agree, the ginger thing is offensive and as Frizzler said some people are stupid. That's why you ignore their ass. Same with the feeling judged part. We all do that at some point. And usually it's not the people that's doing like we think they are, it's us. Self acceptance. You gain that and get happy with what you have. Lots of people doesn't even have hair. But please please whatever you do, don't change the color

To be honest, it never really bothered me that much...

But I have become concerned about my appearance recently.

I have gotten into an odd way of thinking...or over thinking more likely....over the past years over why I suck at getting a GF (I'm in college now and I had 1 GF in HS)...Because it's been something I really miss/want.

Every girl I have met in college, I feel like I am instantaneously in the friend zone. I can tell that I don't appeal to girls in any sort of romantic way. I feel like the thought doesn't even pass by.

I have boiled it down to, and ingrained it into myself, that I am just not good looking enough. I have a good build, decent face(I think), tall, dress nice....So if you can't see where this is going, I have started to think of the hair/skin/ginger combo as the thing that makes me un-date-able.

The only other thing I can think of is that my main way of meeting girls is in class/events/school stuff, since I don't party. I am very successful in school, nice, told I am funny, not socially awkward....

Hey Hawk, sounds like you nailed it with your last post. You already know that you've taken problems that have nothing to do with your body and made them into body image issues. It is extremely common, normal (in our culture, unfortunately) and fascinating how people do this.

Don't start partying. Stay studious and refine your skills. Skills get respect. I'm not sure if they will get you a g/f.

I didn't know the term "ginger" was derogatory in any way. I talk to three gingers pretty much on a daily basis, one of which is my love. So, I honestly don't think it really makes that much a difference.

Go look at a coke can. That is my hair color. Not naturally of course :p.

If you really, truly, seriously hate your fair skin and red hair. Go get it colored and get a spray tan (No, you won't be orange). Honestly, some women would be put off by the red hair, but I wouldn't really think that it would make you 'un-dateable' to everyone.

I'm a red-hed /o/

Nah, but the only girls that have ever shown interest in me either didn't think anything of my red hair or thought it was a plus.

Red hair is awesome! I used to dye mine red because I didn't like my natural grayish blonde. Some women might not like red hair, but I honestly think most people aren't that focused on hair colors. As Sterling said, dye it if you hate it too much... Or make peace with it and wear it proud :)

I coloured my hair red! I love it.

I know it hurts when people make fun for whatever reason, but try to see it as being about them, not your hair. People who bully others are insecure about themselves and are trying to shift focus. It is never about you.

Lua said:
perfanoff said:
Thread needs more photos of red hair.

There you go :D That's what mine looked like five years ago.

68tvki.jpg

hu? red hair?
oh i see it now it's pretty awsome
srry got distracted with doose eyes damnnnnn

Thanks guys... *blushes* Obviously, it's only the red hair deceiving you ;)
See redheads, you're lucky! :p

Latest posts

Back