Regeneration?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
Been a while since I've been here, so hi peeps!

There is a photography competition at my college (and colleges across the nation i'm guessing) and the brief is 'regeneration'. My initial idea was to produce a photo of the same thing but from different angles by hopefully getting access to ophthalmology equipment. It would show the regeneration of cranial nerves and how it affects vision. A big personal project!

However just now i was in my garden and there's 2 of the same type of bushes. 1 is pretty much dead but the other is alive, and we actually buried an old pet here. I found the interesting, but i was wondering if this defines regeneration? I sort of see it as a life after death sort of thing...

Thanks!

Yeah it's not regeneration if they're 2 seperate entities.

Personally I think you should take photos of people in the shower!

painter said:
Yeah it's not regeneration if they're 2 seperate entities.

Personally I think you should take photos of people in the shower!

If that's what floats your boat then sure thing.

Found the definition as: the act or process of regenerating or the state of being regenerated; rebirth or renewal

Does that help?

Depends how literally you interpet it.

I mean would a picture of a baby next to a gravestone fir the catagory? It has the symbolism?

Edward W said:
Found the definition as: the act or process of regenerating or the state of being regenerated; rebirth or renewal

Does that help?

Depends how literally you interpet it.

I mean would a picture of a baby next to a gravestone fir the catagory? It has the symbolism?

That's the question I'm asking :p where we see the symbolism, the judges probably won't see it. Tough call

Interesting theme for your project... I have to admit my first thoughts for Regeneration was Dr.Who! mehehe, dorkside coming out. o_o
Hmm... I think you're in the right area, being in the garden. For example, cutting down a tree and the bare root producing new sprouts.

It reminds me of a famous Japanese haiku, 'The brushwood, Though cut for fuel, Is beginning to bud'.
So, in it's 'death', is new life/regeneration :)

Good luck with your project ~

Latest posts

Back