Remembering A Time I Actually Had A Friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost Soul

I remember back in Grade 10, there was this girl in Grade 12 at the time who would actually hang out with me. I forget exactly how we met, I think it was by accident. Anyway. one time during Gym class, I was sitting over by the wall and she happen to come in and see me there, so she came over the talk to me.

I asked her for her email address, and I added her to MSN. She actually didn't live that far from me, and I live out of district (like a 10 minute drive to school).

Back then, I wasn't desperate for friends yet, but it was really special for me. I feel that was once in a lifetime experince. After a holiday, I think it was either Christmas or March Break, we stopped talking, I forget what happened, if it was me or her, not sure. I just wished it could've continued. Who knows what would've happened, maybe we could have been best friends and stuff.

Last year or so, I remembered her email address and put in Facebook Search and found her profile. I added her, but unfortunate, she changed. She the kind who drink a lot and parties (like most people my age) and I'm not into that stuff.

I re-added her recently, nothing else happened though, except she excepted my friend request.

Something similar happened to me as well. I had a friend back in junior high , was my only friend at the time. He use to come to my house and we play video games almost everyday. But when we graduated we simply drifted apart. I looked him up recently on Facebook his profile says things like " I'm gangsta , hustler, playa" i think he likes the gangsta street life type of thing now, whatever , he was not like that before. i was hoping we can chill like before but unfortunately people change.

This sounds familiar, i've definitely had a number of past lives when it comes to friends that have come and gone. I can understand those special feelings that can develop when you meet that one person at a certain point in your life. But seasons change, and ultimately we end up in different places. I've had plenty of people who have added me to facebook I had forgotten all about, but that is nothing compared to the amount of regular internet buddies I had built up over the years I have just lost contact with. It's kinda sad, but maybe it just wasn't to be.

It happens, like the others I've also experienced things with girl friends that are very similar to your situation. It starts with lots of drinking, partying, and sex. Tons of peer pressure involved, I'm not so sure anyone actually enjoys it...it's just the trendy "cool" thing to do.

It comes to a screeching halt when a baby pops out, and then she spends years living off of child support and tax payer supported social assistance. Once the child is old enough for daycare, the mom goes back to school (once again, taxpayer supported), then eventually gets a part time job as a hairdresser, secretary, or assistant of some kind.

I was thinking what happened to the relationship. If I remember correctly, I think it was my fault. I remembered she was in grade 12, and I was in grade 10, after summer, I would be back to being lonely and having no one to hang out with. I may have kinda abandoned her becuase I was scared, of what will happen. Every time I make a friend, something always happens and it dosen't work out, at least not too long. Usually they move away or something, but there is always something, always has been.

I was always the type in school for trying to get attention for myself, trying to be popular but mostly just getting attention. One time in grade 10 and 11, I found out how to enter the debug menu on the soda machines (Coca~Cola). I was showing people that and trying to figure out how to change the prices and stuff. People thought I was cool and I liked that, I would also act a fool at times and show off. I was always the one wanting the attention, ever since school started (which got me in a lot of trouble in my early school years).

Anyway, about my friend, the reason why I abandoned her, is becuase I saw that as the easier way out. If I had stayed friends, sure enough something would have happened and I would have ended up getting hurt and feeling lonely. I feel really bad and it saddens me when I think about it, but with my past experiences, I couldn't handle having another loss, if you know what I mean? Maybe if she was in the same grade as I was, it wouldn't be so bad, at least there would have been someone I knew in grade 11 and 12 and maybe university (if I had went).

Latest posts

Back