Requiem for the Fates (Prologue)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wonderful Sin

Reaction score
Note that the version I have written on my computer is marginally correct. That didn't transfer well to the internet.

Life and death come hand in hand. You are born. You live for however long you do. Then you die. We have no real purpose in this world. Our actions in this world are already predetermined. Heaven and Hell already have our names written in their books. The fates write our story in stone the day we are born. Even if we know how to read the archaic language, if we can read their scription, we cannot change what The Fates have written. Those destined to die young, will die young. Those destined to rule, will rule. Not even God can change that. You will do what The Fates have written down. It is how it is. How it has been. And how it always will be. Freewill is an imaginary word.
Believe me when I tell you this. I have met The Fates. I fought the system. I fought The Fates. I have tried all I can to change what they wrote. All I gained was another day or two. The inevitable still came. An end to what I wanted to last for eternity. I wasn’t able to change a goddamned thing. Everything was as the tablets said. Not a single difference.
I absolutely hate The Fates. I hate them with all I am. With all I will ever be, I curse them. But sadly… I am one of them. I am my own monster. I am everything that I hate. I cannot change that. This is my story. My plunge into mortality and downfall back up to everything I hate. My love song. My lament. This is my Requiem for The Fates.

Ohh, very good! :D Haha it caught my attention very well. I want to read the rest now...

...you'd better post it! -_- lol

----Steve

lol, nope, when it's complete, you can buy it... I'll give you a discount though... maybe. lol. I only have that and chapter 1 completed for this book though.

This is an interesting piece. For me, my understanding on the subject is plain. In life you do have choices but I believe a higher power already knows what you will choice. Life is a mixture of fate and choice.

Yeah, we have little less authority than the fates in our life imo, but the story will unfold later and things will become clear. lol

Latest posts

Back