Scumbags!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootch

Reaction score
I had a text last night from an old friend of mine who lives down south. He had just got home from an IT job and found one of his two beautiful cats injured.

He has just updated me on whats happened.

The vet says it looks like she was kicked and her ribs were smashed and organs damaged.

He's been through a run of very bad luck lately including health problems himself and I know he feels down. Who would do something like this?

Any way the long and short of it is she won't survive.

I am very literally quaking with anger!

That's awful, It was one of my biggest fears when I had a cat. I have had to kick off at a bloke who lives down the street from me when he was shouting at and trying to kick a cat next to his car, I'm glad it was early and no children heard my language xD On a serious note, there needs to be strict laws for animal abuse.

Many years ago I worked with a woman whose hubby did not like cats. So if he saw one on the road while driving, he would veer the car to try and run it over...

Apparently he found it amusing.

jaguarundi said:
Many years ago I worked with a woman whose hubby did not like cats. So if he saw one on the road while driving, he would veer the car to try and run it over...

Faith in Humanity, Gone.

MrPaul said:
That's awful, It was one of my biggest fears when I had a cat. I have had to kick off at a bloke who lives down the street from me when he was shouting at and trying to kick a cat next to his car, I'm glad it was early and no children heard my language xD On a serious note, there needs to be strict laws for animal abuse.

Was this like... just in the street or on his driveway?

Also, I don't know about the US, but in the UK an RSPCA Inspector can arrest you for any cruelty to animals. Their powers are limited, but when they hand you over to the police, the police will generally cooperate with the RSPCA on this. They have powers for force entry to property and cause limited damage to property and possessions in order to ensure animal welfare. It's an interesting topic.

Urghh, that's terrible I really feel for your friend, it's so hard to lose a pet especially when it's not their time to go.
Scumbags is too much of a nice word for these people. People that abuse animals and have no remorse are sociopaths.

jaguarundi said:

That's stomach churning, why are people so cruel.

Nightwing said:
MrPaul said:

Was this like... just in the street or on his driveway?

Also, I don't know about the US, but in the UK an RSPCA Inspector can arrest you for any cruelty to animals. Their powers are limited, but when they hand you over to the police, the police will generally cooperate with the RSPCA on this. They have powers for force entry to property and cause limited damage to property and possessions in order to ensure animal welfare. It's an interesting topic.

I live in the UK, and it was on the street. Sadly from my experience the RSPCA aren't as good as they put out to be. Some examples: -

1. When I was 14 me and my older brother were in a graveyard where 2 abandoned dogs where, one was heavily pregnant and obviously about to give birth (there were some nasty storms this day also). We called the RSPCA to come and get them, this was around 9 in the morning. We were there until 4:30pm, soaked through. We kept calling and eventually they said the would not come because we had been giving them water and feeding them, so as they have basic needs, they don't need to come out. A man visiting a grave with his family noticed us, went home, brought his car back empty and took the dogs to an animal shelter (where my brother now works).

2. A bloke I work with has a neighbor that has many dogs, but they never walk them. They are kept in a the house and let out into the back garden now and then. Both the owners work and are out the house during the day, so the dogs are all left in a small conservatory for hours on end, daily. My colleague complained during the summer when it was scorching hot as he could see these dogs in distress day by day, constantly barking and howling, none stop. RSPCA said they had basic needs, water and food, therefore they do not need to investigate.

3. There was a horse wandering through the streets one day when I was walking the dogs, It was a nice horse, friendly. I stayed with it thinking the owner would be close by... No one. it was tethered in the field across the road and it must have been cut loose or struggled loose. Called the RSPCA, basically got told it was not their problem as the horse is on council land without council permission and it was the councils job to sort this out.

Those are just my experiences with them, they may be better in other parts of the country I hope. Round where I live the RSPCA won't interfere unless there's publicity involved.

Edit: -

The first story, the dog gave birth to 8 puppies that day :3 and they were adorable!

MrPaul said:

There are strict laws for animal abuse, but firstly not all laws are enforced all the time, secondly laws only good if the person is caught, someone goes and boots a cat or a dog or any animal, they are unlikely to get caught.

Just a fact of life

I think it was Dalailama or Ghandi who said, that the quality of nation can be seen in a way it treats animals. And this may apply to individuals as well.
The one who did it and the said "hubby" you were talking about, are lowlifes, people for whom the rest of people may be seriously embarrassed.

I can't believe the mentality of the person who inflicted such horrific injuries on your friend's poor cat :(

As a cat owner myself that is my worse fear when they're out.

I hope the culprits rot in hell.

jaguarundi said:

There was actually an experiment done by some students in Oklahoma that showed that about 6% of drivers will intentionally run over animals in the road. This experiment was done using turtles though and not cats.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...ws-that-many-drivers-enjoy-running-them-over/

As for your friend's cat, I have accidentally fully stepped on a kitten before. It was laying inside of a door and I opened the door and stepped in. Made a weird noise. Cat was ok though. I dunno, it could have been an accident what happened to the cat.

Latest posts

Back