Self Esteem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always had self esteem ranging from low to none and I think it really affected my last relationship and it affects my day to day life. I'm always questioning if I am good enough and always putting myself down and saying I am a bad person.

I'm hoping to get my self esteem on track but it's so hard to meet people and be confident when you just don't feel it. Most of the time I just want to hide in my room and give up and I feel like I'm doing that a lot now after the break up.

Bleh.

This site has helped me a lot (no, not spam hehe!) http://tinybuddha.com/blog/dare-to-live-10-unconventional-ways-to-be-true-to-yourself/ and http://tinybuddha.com/blog/becoming-more-authentic-accept-yourself-and-stop-seeking-approval/

Lots of great ideas like:
''Step 1: Forgive and love yourself.

I had to forgive myself for my past mistakes. My ego enjoyed replaying my bad choices and punishing me by making me feel unworthy of love. By cultivating kindness towards myself, I honored and accepted the past, learned my lessons, and started loving myself.

What Can You Do: Consider how you can learn from your past so you can do better going forward. Always be kind to yourself because you can only ever do your best. Be content with that.''

I can't say much because having exactly same problems. I feel I am never ever good enough. We should just accept what happened in the past so we can move on and start to live the life what we want.

You can only be who you are, unique self and there's no one like you in this world. Try to remember that! :)

Don't ever compare yourself to others. :) You'll never be them, they'll never be you! And that is how it aught to be.

I understand fully, how feeling the way you feel can affect relationships. It breaks them apart. But do NOT beat yourself up about it. If you understand WHY it happened, you've allowed yourself to realize there is a problem... One you have full control over fixing :) I realized my faults in my past relationship - accepted it, then changed it.

KIller_Cuteness said:
I have always had self esteem ranging from low to none and I think it really affected my last relationship and it affects my day to day life. I'm always questioning if I am good enough and always putting myself down and saying I am a bad person.

I'm hoping to get my self esteem on track but it's so hard to meet people and be confident when you just don't feel it. Most of the time I just want to hide in my room and give up and I feel like I'm doing that a lot now after the break up.

Bleh.

It's not worth it to give up your life full of endless opportunities and possibilities that could just lead to a lot of happiness for someone or something that just didn't work out. honeysuckle happens.. it's painful, you have to go through it to get out of it.. but don't give up. It's okay to feel down after a break up. But if you know you did your best, and you know there was nothing wrong with you, don't let the insecurities and negative thoughts lead you to believe that otherwise. It's just not worth it.

why not start a new life from your room? nothing wrong with hiding in your room. giving up is the problem.

If you keep telling yourself you're a bad person, that's going to hold you down. You'll find every reason to say, "Hey, there's proof!"

licorice said:
If you keep telling yourself you're a bad person, that's going to hold you down. You'll find every reason to say, "Hey, there's proof!"

After the last thread I replied to I think I have one more in me...

He's right you know!

So what are you doing that makes you a bad person? Are you kicking puppies? Stealing candy from babies? Telling people you'll meet them at 9 and not turning up? I get the feeling that you're not living up to a percieved expectation of yourself that's higher than it should be in reality.

Also how have you got no self esteem and call yourself Killer Cuteness?

Yeah don't put yourself down, there's plenty of other douchebags that can do that for you (and ignore them, they're douchebags!)

Hi,

I work for a company that helps to build self esteem and confidence in people through motivational talks and activities. I believe one of our beliefs could really help you. Its called being Alive Inside.

If you want to be alive on the outside, living life to the full, then you have to be alive on the inside! We have to take responsibility for our life and what happens in it.

Often a lack of self esteem comes from a lack of motivation. When we are down, we wait to be motivated from an external source. This can be a girlfriend, colleague etc but the problem with this is we have no control over it. You never know when this type of motivation is taken away from you.

You need to give yourself some internal motivation and take responsibility for getting yourself out of the situation your in. Its a 'sit on the edge of the bed' talk. Put simply, its when you sit, by yourself, on the edge of the bed and give yourself a good talking to. Motivate yourself on the edge of the bed and leave your room with this positive mindset firmly in place.

Focus on your strengths not your weaknesses. Your probably spending so much time focusing on what you don't do well, your not looking at your strengths. Remind yourself what your good at, what you enjoy, what inspires you. Write it down and keep a copy on you at all times. Use it as a tool that when you start thinking about crappy stuff you have something immediately on hand to banish those thoughts.

I hope this helps. I saw your problem and felt compelled to speak to you about a part of our programme that I thought could help you.

Matt_Fantastic said:
Hi,

I work for a company that helps to build self esteem and confidence in people through motivational talks and activities. I believe one of our beliefs could really help you. Its called being Alive Inside.

If you want to be alive on the outside, living life to the full, then you have to be alive on the inside! We have to take responsibility for our life and what happens in it.

Often a lack of self esteem comes from a lack of motivation. When we are down, we wait to be motivated from an external source. This can be a girlfriend, colleague etc but the problem with this is we have no control over it. You never know when this type of motivation is taken away from you.

You need to give yourself some internal motivation and take responsibility for getting yourself out of the situation your in. Its a 'sit on the edge of the bed' talk. Put simply, its when you sit, by yourself, on the edge of the bed and give yourself a good talking to. Motivate yourself on the edge of the bed and leave your room with this positive mindset firmly in place.

Focus on your strengths not your weaknesses. Your probably spending so much time focusing on what you don't do well, your not looking at your strengths. Remind yourself what your good at, what you enjoy, what inspires you. Write it down and keep a copy on you at all times. Use it as a tool that when you start thinking about crappy stuff you have something immediately on hand to banish those thoughts.

I hope this helps. I saw your problem and felt compelled to speak to you about a part of our programme that I thought could help you.

:club: I smell SPAM.

EveWasFramed said:
Matt_Fantastic said:
Hi,

:club: I smell SPAM.

Honestly its not spam. Just some advice from a programme I help run.

Latest posts

Back