short guys at a real disadvantage?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sci-Fi said:
Xpendable said:
Every girl who says her partner is not attractive... are you?
Because we pretty much form couples with very similar looks-value. 95% of couples match their attractiveness level.

That is uncalled for and also false.  Stop tossing around your false statements.

giphy.gif

Knock it off Xpendable, you've been warned already about your remarks and attitude more times than you deserve. But by all means keep it up and see how much further it gets you.

Richard_39 said:
Good things come in small packages. Plus you can often easily break a tall guy's kneecaps ;-)
Sorry if Im a bit SHORT today, I have a SMALL and twisted sense of humour. Its on account of my TINY brain size, but I'm trying to GROW into a better man.

Hell, instead of crying on it, might as well laugh at it. Maybe they'll invent an operation that gives me 6 more inches.
Everywhere.
;-)

Honey, it's called platform shoes. Lol

Height means absolutely nothing to me. If a girl bases her attraction on height then she is not worth your time.

Saulgoodmanfan said:
nibbysaurus said:
That's probably because different people have different tastes

Yes for the user who was honest about her tastes that's great. But the user who claims looks dont matter, that's not taste, that's enforcing their opinion with little evidence.

They're both opinions. Having an opinion about something doesn't mean anyone is enforcing it. If height doesn't matter to someone, that's okay. If they prefer taller or shorter, that's okay, too. You don't need evidence for your opinion.

VanillaCreme said:
Saulgoodmanfan said:
nibbysaurus said:
That's probably because different people have different tastes

Yes for the user who was honest about her tastes that's great. But the user who claims looks dont matter, that's not taste, that's enforcing their opinion with little evidence.

They're both opinions. Having an opinion about something doesn't mean anyone is enforcing it. If height doesn't matter to someone, that's okay. If they prefer taller or shorter, that's okay, too. You don't need evidence for your opinion.

One is  a stated personal preference, which is fine. The other is a claim made about others' preferences: "no widespread preference for taller men exists - it's all in your head!" You generally need to make some effort to back up that sort of claim, when called out on it anyway.

It's like claiming overweight women don't face any discrimination or ridicule whatsoever. An opinion, but not a particularly honest or well informed one.

ardour said:
One is  a stated personal preference, which is fine. The other is claim made about others' preferences: "no widespread preference for taller men exists - it's all in your head!" You generally need to make some effort to back up that sort of claim, when called out on it anyway.

It's like claiming overweight women don't face any discrimination or ridicule whatsoever. An opinion, but not a particularly honest or well informed one.

Okay. So ignore it. You don't agree with it anyway. Why care about what someone's opinion about what people's preferences may be?

I you don't need evidence for your opinion then why should anyone listen to it.

How can an OPINION have evidence? Sure, for some things maybe, but what a specific individual person is attracted to doesn't really have evidence.

And why should you listen? Well, to know that not everyone feels the way some of you guys are trying to say we feel.

Opinions are still based on reality, they may be not accurate but they cannot come from internal perception; rather from external information.

Xpendable said:
Opinions are still based on reality, they may be not accurate but they cannot come from internal perception; rather from external information.

"Hey man red m&m's don't exist. Don't agree? fresia you it's my opinion!"

And then they actually get upset when you call them ignorant, delusional, and out of touch with reality. 

Why don't you just put on some rose colored glasses so you too can see things as they do?

kamya said:
Xpendable said:

And then they actually get upset when you call them ignorant, delusional, and out of touch with reality. 

Why don't you just put on some rose colored glasses so you too can see things as they do?

Awww, aren't you just so cute....

I said SOME opinions can have evidence, but PERSONAL PREFERENCE TO WHAT ATTRACTS AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON IS NOT BASED ON FACT THEREFORE IT HAS NO **** EVIDENCE! 

Perhaps try reading next time....

TheRealCallie said:
kamya said:
Xpendable said:

Awww, aren't you just so cute....

I said SOME opinions can have evidence, but PERSONAL PREFERENCE TO WHAT ATTRACTS AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON IS NOT BASED ON FACT THEREFORE IT HAS NO **** EVIDENCE! 

Perhaps try reading next time....

Save your emasculation attempts for your baby daddy. No one else is going to care enough to be bothered.

I'm not the one repeatedly displaying a lack of reading comprehension here.

Perhaps try reading Ardour's post one more time. I'd give Saulgoodmanfan's posts another look too. Realize how the replies to those posts seemed to completely miss the point of what they were trying to say.

There used to be guy on youtube named Kent (Kent tv, Kentray Brown) he is 5'2 and has a big problem dating also.  Women instantly reject him because of his height and due to that he has gone through a lot of depression and anger issues.  So it is something that exists.  I am 6'1 and I can't get a girl to be interested me either.

Timbobway said:
There used to be guy on youtube named Kent (Kent tv, Kentray Brown) he is 5'2 and has a big problem dating also.  Women instantly reject him because of his height and due to that he has gone through a lot of depression and anger issues.  So it is something that exists.  I am 6'1 and I can't get a girl to be interested me either.

I know a guy who is right around 5 foot.  He's married to a girl who is 5'7.

TheRealCallie said:
Timbobway said:

That is great for him.  How old is he?

Timbobway said:
TheRealCallie said:
Timbobway said:

That is great for him.  How old is he?

He's 35 now.  They met when he was 30 and she was 27.

All it takes, regardless of height or weight or age or whatever is to find the right person.  If you constantly live in a negative mindset, your chances of finding anyone even remotely close to the right person is significantly harder than if you were to stay positive and stop focusing so much on it.  (This rant isn't directed at you, Timbobway, just a rant in general for the masses.)  Stop blaming the world and start being more positive.

Man what a thread .. people trying rile up others on purpose, with nothing but shallow, ill-thought out responses. The quality of topics has really gone down as of late. Let's just stop this here? If you have some unfinished urges or pent-up frustration, go outside for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back