Should I email a girl that I like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree that sending an anonymous email would probably be more creepy. It was just a thought.
Actually I just got into tumblr sort of recently and noticed how people can send anonymous messages. I've never liked that idea, and I myself have never used that feature. To me it's like if you can't own up to what you say, you should have no business saying it at all.

Maybe I just go right up to the girl and just say something like: "Hi. I hope you don't think I'm a snob because I don't always say hello when I see you. " But then I don't know what to say after that. The way I naturally am is to just be direct and honest and say something like: "It is because I have social anxiety". But from what I have learned about social rules, I don't think that would be such a good thing to say.

The issue for me is NOT that I don't have the balls to talk to her. It is more so that I am an awkward person and it is not in my nature to engage people. But if that is what I decided I was going to do, I will do it. The problem is, that I will have to FORCE myself to do this, thus it will not be natural and thus I know it will not work out. I've done this a few times in the past. Forced myself to approach a girl that I liked. But that approach never worked out for me so I think it would be foolish to try it that way again.

How I got her email? Lets just say we work in different departments. When she comes to where I work, due to the nature of the job we can't really talk. When I go over to where she works, it is a public and crowded place. I am totally out of my element in such at atmosphere. An approach would only be a forced and tensed one on my part. My tension and discomfort would only also make her uncomfortable.
This is why I have been considering the email. Because it seems like it is the only option I have. Unless some miracle were to happen, but life is too short to sit around and wait for those.

Xpendable said:
Not my buddy BeyondShy :(

What did he do wrong ?

msbxa said:
Yeah I agree that sending an anonymous email would probably be more creepy. It was just a thought.
Actually I just got into tumblr sort of recently and noticed how people can send anonymous messages. I've never liked that idea, and I myself have never used that feature. To me it's like if you can't own up to what you say, you should have no business saying it at all.

Maybe I just go right up to the girl and just say something like: "Hi. I hope you don't think I'm a snob because I don't always say hello when I see you. " But then I don't know what to say after that. The way I naturally am is to just be direct and honest and say something like: "It is because I have social anxiety". But from what I have learned about social rules, I don't think that would be such a good thing to say.

The issue for me is NOT that I don't have the balls to talk to her. It is more so that I am an awkward person and it is not in my nature to engage people. But if that is what I decided I was going to do, I will do it. The problem is, that I will have to FORCE myself to do this, thus it will not be natural and thus I know it will not work out. I've done this a few times in the past. Forced myself to approach a girl that I liked. But that approach never worked out for me so I think it would be foolish to try it that way again.

How I got her email? Lets just say we work in different departments. When she comes to where I work, due to the nature of the job we can't really talk. When I go over to where she works, it is a public and crowded place. I am totally out of my element in such at atmosphere. An approach would only be a forced and tensed one on my part. My tension and discomfort would only also make her uncomfortable.
This is why I have been considering the email. Because it seems like it is the only option I have. Unless some miracle were to happen, but life is too short to sit around and wait for those.

If it makes you happy then send a email. It can't really hurt. What is the worst thing that can happen ?

VanillaCreme said:
lonelypanda said:
Solivagant said:
On a semi-related note, I got an anonymous text recently: "Are you cold? You should be; you've been naked in my mind all night."

Omg that happened to me too, like a year ago though. He said he couldn't stop fantasizing about my boobs. I asked who it was but he only told me he met me a few times through mutual friends. I just want to know how the eff he got my number. He got really graphic after that so I stopped replying to him, so awkward and creepy.

Oh my gosh. I've received similar text messages as well. One said something about how he was going to treat me right all night long. I was so confused I started laughing. Came from a Philly number, I think, so it wasn't from anyone around here.

Weird! I'm thinking this might happen a lot these days. I got a text one time at 11pm on a Sunday night saying something like "I saw your profile on onenightstand dot com (not sure if that was the exact website name) and would love to meet up!"
Then about 10 minutes later, another text - "I'm sorry I sent the previous text to the wrong number!"

Yeah, I figured that out by myself since the text was from a woman and I don't swing that way and also I've never heard of that website.
It was funny though. I sent her a text - "No problem :) "

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
VanillaCreme said:
lonelypanda said:
Solivagant said:
On a semi-related note, I got an anonymous text recently: "Are you cold? You should be; you've been naked in my mind all night."

Omg that happened to me too, like a year ago though. He said he couldn't stop fantasizing about my boobs. I asked who it was but he only told me he met me a few times through mutual friends. I just want to know how the eff he got my number. He got really graphic after that so I stopped replying to him, so awkward and creepy.

Oh my gosh. I've received similar text messages as well. One said something about how he was going to treat me right all night long. I was so confused I started laughing. Came from a Philly number, I think, so it wasn't from anyone around here.

Weird! I'm thinking this might happen a lot these days. I got a text one time at 11pm on a Sunday night saying something like "I saw your profile on onenightstand dot com (not sure if that was the exact website name) and would love to meet up!"
Then about 10 minutes later, another text - "I'm sorry I sent the previous text to the wrong number!"

Yeah, I figured that out by myself since the text was from a woman and I don't swing that way and also I've never heard of that website.

-Teresa

What a greasy website, and a greasy woman. Lol

This reminds me of honesty box, way back in the day when you could add that to your facebook profile and people could leave you anonymous messages/comments. I got some nasty perverted messages in that thing, and then when they weren't perverted they were rude and hateful. I think I had one nice one, I ended up getting rid of that quick. Everyone on my Facebook had always been people i knew, kinda sucks to know I had some snake like friends/aquiantencenes, smiled in my face, but really had something against me.

I say no to email.
You have the first line
Hi. I hope you don't think I'm a snob because I don't always say hello when I see you
Based on what you know about her try to come up with a few permutations on what she might say next. Keep running the dialog in front of the mirror or write it down. Limit yourself to 5 - 10 minutes. Plan an escape if anxiety reaches critical mass. Something like getting a text message that you need to go.
I think that if you plan it a bit and visualize it you better your chances.
Good luck!

You still didn't really say how you got her email, you explained that you were work in different departments. Did she give it to you? If she have you her email it is different story, if she did not and you got it another way you shouldn't email her. You should still talk to her in person regardless. If it is a work email you shouldn't use it for personal emails, you might get in trouble for that some employers frown on employees using business email for personal.

lonelypanda said:
SofiasMami said:
VanillaCreme said:
lonelypanda said:
Solivagant said:

-Teresa

What a greasy website, and a greasy woman. Lol

This reminds me of honesty box, way back in the day when you could add that to your facebook profile and people could leave you anonymous messages/comments. I got some nasty perverted messages in that thing, and then when they weren't perverted they were rude and hateful. I think I had one nice one, I ended up getting rid of that quick. Everyone on my Facebook had always been people i knew, kinda sucks to know I had some snake like friends/aquiantencenes, smiled in my face, but really had something against me.

I don't remember honesty box but I do remember Formspring which was kind of the same thing except people who weren't on your Facebook could comment. Wonder if people still have it...

Well if you send ther email it will think you are weird guy or bad situation coward.If you feel that he also like you to find out you must speak with her .Go in real life not email and take it easy with her ,dont ask her imediatly to go out wit you .First make a relationship speak more with her and after that invite her somewhere

Talk to her in person about bland topics like the weather, did she a good lunch break , what she did last weekend.

Not email.

If you are too nervous to interact with her or really, really uncomfortable throughout the conversation then it shows this particular person isn't someone you could physically hang out with.

I know it sounds harsh

Being afraid is totally what I feel - I'm too chicken-honeysuckle to follow my own advice above. I have avoided talking to a girl I occasionally see because I'm too scared. I have accepted that the fear means that this person and me weren't naturally meant to be - that's cowardly and knowing this makes me a feel like a little bit of something inside me dies.

Anyway, that's me not you - I wish you good luck!

It sounds like you're putting this girl on a pedestal which is never a good thing. Girls are just people. And if you've run into her for 2-3 years and nothing has happened then I think you should move on.

Latest posts

Back