Show me your collection(s)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
I have a small collection of hand fans. I love collecting them cos they're so pretty and some are made of different materials and colours and designs. When I can take a picture of them, I'll post it up here soon.

Here you go. The ones at the bottom with different colours each have different scents. I hope I can collect more.

2cz514y.jpg

So dainty and eye catching! Top row, second from left looks like a peacock pattern...I like that one the best. Thank you for sharing, LF.

Come on people, show more stuff!

beautiful loser said:
So dainty and eye catching! Top row, second from left looks like a peacock pattern...I like that one the best. Thank you for sharing, LF.

:D Just what I thought!!!

My auntie used to collect fans too. She had loads of those coloured ones at the bottom.

beautiful loser said:
So dainty and eye catching! Top row, second from left looks like a peacock pattern...I like that one the best.

Everyone who sees it mentions it! That particular one would like to say that it is deeply flattered. :D

user 130057 said:
My auntie used to collect fans too. She had loads of those coloured ones at the bottom.

Wow.. that's nice! I wanna collect more fans. And when I get my own place someday, it's gonna be displayed on my walls.

ladyforsaken said:
I have a small collection of hand fans. I love collecting them cos they're so pretty and some are made of different materials and colours and designs.

I collect folding fans too. =]

I collect weapons. Mostly swords, but I have/had an assortment of others such as various daggers and staves. I don't collect firearms though, no interest. I'm currently in the market for a longbow, and I would absolutely love to get my hands on a tessen one day. A genuine katana would be amazing, but I doubt I'll ever have that kind of cash to blow.

The current favorite of my collection is a Viking-style sword. I love the lines and simplicity.

Other things I have made collections of over the years include:

scarves, blankets
paper journals
chopsticks
haori
candles, lamps, lighters
backpacks
calendars
parasols, umbrellas
feathers
money from around the world
license plates
keychains
stuffed animals
anything Celtic
Magic: The Gathering cards
rock, wood, metal, glass knick-knacks (especially those shaped into animals)
interesting pieces of fabric and rope
interesting cans and jars
interesting words and names
quotes, proverbs, maxims
books, movies, music, pictures
+

When I was a kid I had a rock/geode/gemstone collection, but one day my parents threw them all out.

Oh! Speaking of which, I also collect key chains! I shall take a picture one day soon. :p

Wish I could see some of your collections Solivagant. Especially the swords that you talk about, that's so cool! Sorry to hear about your rock/geode/gemstone collection being thrown out. I know how that feels.. I was into taking care of some plants at one point, I had a pot of mint, a pot of dill, a pot of chilli.. and I loved how they were growing so nicely.. but my mother threw them out. :\

ladyforsaken said:
Wish I could see some of your collections Solivagant.

Sorry LadyF. =[ I thought about it, but I haven't been too keen on posting pictures here lately.

ladyforsaken said:
I was into taking care of some plants at one point, I had a pot of mint, a pot of dill, a pot of chilli.. and I loved how they were growing so nicely.. but my mother threw them out. :\

Aw, sad! I have a bamboo plant that I take care of and I would be sad if someone threw it out.

Those plants sounds pretty cool, did you ever use what grew from them in cooking or anything?

Solivagant said:
Sorry LadyF. =[ I thought about it, but I haven't been too keen on posting pictures here lately.

It's okay! :)

Solivagant said:
Aw, sad! I have a bamboo plant that I take care of and I would be sad if someone threw it out.

Those plants sounds pretty cool, did you ever use what grew from them in cooking or anything?

Aww so cute you have a bamboo plant!

Hmm I did use the dill, my mint was still young at the time. Chilli too. I had my dill plant a lot earlier before the others came about so I did manage to use it a bit, it smelled so niiiice.

This is a cool thread. I would love to have everyones collection that they have posted.....love them all. The laser discs, remind me when my cousin and I use to watch Blade runner, Indiana jones, star wars on them......I'm sure there where more, just can't remember.
I do a lot of art, so I like to collect items to paint (for still lifes, people etc). Even clothing is cool, fabric for setting up portrait work. Love the fans!

dawningday said:
This is a cool thread. I would love to have everyones collection that they have posted.....love them all. The laser discs, remind me when my cousin and I use to watch Blade runner, Indiana jones, star wars on them......I'm sure there where more, just can't remember.
I do a lot of art, so I like to collect items to paint (for still lifes, people etc). Even clothing is cool, fabric for setting up portrait work. Love the fans!

Hi DD, how about showing us some pics of what you have? We'll appreciate it, I'm sure. Have a good one.

thanks beautiful loser
I have a few that I can post. I'll have to upload more later (once I find where I stored the pictures).
These 2 are older ones I did. The first is done in watercolours....I love hawks and such.
The 2nd one is an unfinished pencil sketch I started years ago. I only keep it, for it is the oldest work I have.
View attachment 8
View attachment 9
I hope I got the upload thing done proper (new to the site)

Attachments

• HAWK (581x800).jpg
    HAWK (581x800).jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 30
  • pencil-portrait.jpg
    pencil-portrait.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 27
DD, the hawk is frickin' amazing! Is it a red-shoulder? You need to show more of your work, I would love to see more since I like wildlife.

I really like the portrait, especially her nose...reminds me of someone I dated a long time ago...the same nose! haha

If you want to post the pics to appear in your message, this link will help.

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=8137

Thanks for sharing and please show more of your artwork.

dawningday said:
thanks beautiful loser
I have a few that I can post. I'll have to upload more later (once I find where I stored the pictures).
These 2 are older ones I did. The first is done in watercolours....I love hawks and such.
The 2nd one is an unfinished pencil sketch I started years ago. I only keep it, for it is the oldest work I have.

I hope I got the upload thing done proper (new to the site)

Holy moly. That is seriously awesome artwork!!

Thank you for sharing them, dawningday. Looking forward to seeing more of them!

dawningday said:

That's amazing! You are very talented!

dawningday said:

I am always in complete awe of people with your kind of artistic talent - the realism you can create with simple paint and pencil just blows my mind. Wicked stuff! Would love to see more.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. Yes the hawk is a red-tail.....just love them. I don't do much watercolour painting anymore, seem to be into oils and more portrait type of stuff. I'll post some more soon.....wonder if I should start a different thread for them, as I don't want to hog this one:)

dawningday said:
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. Yes the hawk is a red-tail.....just love them. I don't do much watercolour painting anymore, seem to be into oils and more portrait type of stuff. I'll post some more soon.....wonder if I should start a different thread for them, as I don't want to hog this one:)

DD, you won't hog this at all. I love to see what people collect and if the painting and portraits are what you create and collect then by all means show them here.

Latest posts

Back