Sick as a dog

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I woke up few days ago with a terrible headache... I figured it would pass but it kept getting worse through out the day... To make things worse, my chest started to get a bit stuffy... Turns out, I have a flu... It has gotten better but I'm still coughing & now my throat is killing me...!!! I don't usually get sick & even when I do, I just cough for few days & that would be it... Anybody else getting sick this time of the year?[/align]

Sorry to read you've been feeling rough, but if it's any comfort people are dropping like flies around me with different bugs..............
Always good to know you're not suffering alone ;)
Hope you're completely recovered very soon x

Sorry to hear it. My secret weapon in both NOT getting sick and also recovering faster is Vitamin D. Seriously google it... Vitamin D shows a lot of promise in keeping people from getting sick and helping you recover faster.

Also, Vitamin C isn't too shabby either.

I currently have the last of the flu and it started with a headache and dizziness. Then went to my throat and finally my chest. I rarely get sick and I do not get the flu shot as I have to bad a reaction to it. I sound almost normal and getting my energy back. But it has wiped me out this time. I do hope you get better soon and Bright Blessings ^.^

Get well soon, and to answer your question I haven't been that sick in years. I'll get a cold and sore throat, maybe a little fever. If I do catch the flu or some bug it normally only lasts a day or so, then it's just dealing with the cold virus.

LonelySutton said:
Sorry to hear it. My secret weapon in both NOT getting sick and also recovering faster is Vitamin D. Seriously google it... Vitamin D shows a lot of promise in keeping people from getting sick and helping you recover faster.

I agree with "Meg" :D on this one. I've been taking Vitamin C and D, as well as echinacea pills and flax seed oil for the past five years or so. I've only had a cold once...two years ago...since discovering this cocktail of vitamins/herbal supplements. Seems to work for me.

Arachne said:
I currently have the last of the flu and it started with a headache and dizziness. Then went to my throat and finally my chest. I rarely get sick and I do not get the flu shot as I have to bad a reaction to it. I sound almost normal and getting my energy back. But it has wiped me out this time. I do hope you get better soon and Bright Blessings ^.^

Hi D, sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better, soon :)

LonelySutton said:

Zinc is also great for boosting the immune system

Thanks, guys... I guess it's that change of season that a lot of people are getting sick... I just wish this thing doesn't go on for much longer... Messed up part is, it's not even all that cold yet... I can't wait to see what it's gonna be like in the middle of December to January when it gets really cold... Ugh...!!!!!!

sk66rc said:
Thanks, guys... I guess it's that change of season that a lot of people are getting sick... I just wish this thing doesn't go on for much longer... Messed up part is, it's not even all that cold yet... I can't wait to see what it's gonna be like in the middle of December to January when it gets really cold... Ugh...!!!!!!

I have a weird thing that I seem to adjust to the cold in January and February. Not sure what happens. I tend to get the worst colds in early December and early January and then nothing.

But start sucking down the vitamin d (in appropriate amounts) and you will not get sick again.

Seriously I work with the public and take the subway AND train.

Latest posts

Back