Situation where social skills would have helped...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theSmokingRabbit

Reaction score
I'm sure most of us have a story. That one situation where adequate social skills would have not only been beneficial, but vital as well.

My personal experiences include:

Interviews
In the company of criminals and adversely,
in the company of the police
Those few and far between girlfriends and their parents (maybe not vital)

Anyone care to share?

FunkyBuddha said:
That's a given. If only a look of indifference (sometimes confusion) wasn't immediately received as coldness or disgust.

Thank you for sharing IgnoredOne.

Hehehe. Well, just everything; I remember in my freshman year, this young brunette girl took some effort to get to learn how to pronunce my name and try to know me, and she had a delightful giggle. I felt so awkward in being able to keep up a conversation with her, which is a great pity, given my loneliness at the time. I basically ignored her until she returned the favor. Tragic, really.

I'm inclined to say:

1. In high school
2. Impressing my old girlfriend's father.
3. On my 1st forum I joined. I was so inexperienced.
4. Getting me out of detention in high school.
5. Trying to calm down my date for the prom the next day when I ditched her to play in a chess tournament the same evening of the prom.

LoneKiller said:

5. Trying to calm down my date for the prom the next day when I ditched her to play in a chess tournament the same evening of the prom.

You had to take your Queen to a date, after all.

Getting a raise...but hell I get $5 raise from my boss...
Thats becuase he was avioding my ass for all those god **** bounus
checks he dragged his feet about signing.hahahahaaaa
Oh ****...so he takes me to lunch so I can get over the honeysuckle.lmao
Or getting a fucken raise after I walked off the job and returning 6 months later.lol
All the god **** sale people, cleints, subornates, other departments superviors
I gatta socialize with. LMAO
Leadership skills, deligations skills, negotiations skills, multi tasking skills and ass kicking skills.lmao

Err yeah...so Juliet wants me to be her personal asistence for whatever the fresia
she needs help maintaining. Asked me to into her bed room so she can read
her rough draft on her book she's been writting.. with her ass sticking up in the air.
Im pertty sure there's a chapter in her book reserved for me.
It's so cliche...she actaully asked me to go over and fix the electrical in her house.lmao

So Im standing on her big ass patio over looking the city. You can see miles
and miles of the ocean from her bad ass house on the hillside where rich people live.
I'm thinking to myself...wow, it's like a god **** screen play from a fucken movie...
but Im actually living it in real life.lmao

So Im being good as she's driving around town doing errans....
Then Renae calls...the ring tone gose " forever , whenever..I be there for you"
Of course I answered...and of course Renae say " I love you honey"
And of course I told Renae " I love you too honey"
Of course Juliet has this crazy look like she wants to ***** slapp me
or just run the her car off the road to kill the both of us.lmao

Then it finally hitted me again as it has many times before.
Juliet looks almost like Renae....
All my life, i ve been trying to replace Renae with women that looks
like her and sort of have her personlities. Yet these women
would actaully come on to me or are drawn to me because i think
about Renae all the time. Whatever gose in my mind manifest itself in reality.
Im not Einstiene...but its sort of like how he believe...the power of creation all starts off from our minds first.

Believe it or not...I totally such ass at asking women out.
That's becuase most of my life women come on to me or ask me out.
I do however have decent social skills or building repore with poeple.

And of course...the ring tone of Renae calling me all day.
And of course Juliet telling me..."your not going to pick that up are ya?"
" you know when she hangs up...she's telling everyone "SUCKKKA"...Im a woman I know" As she's luaghing at me.
As I said...Im attracted to women that looks like Renea and acts like her" LMAO

Multy task...multy task.lmao

The last time I got a job I actaully cracked a few jokes here and there during the enterview
by serval people....Thats just to lighten up the mood. Plus its to let them know..they"re just people.
Which also by default shows myself esteem and my leadership skills.

I used to had to interview poeple for employment. it was part of my duites.
Poeple get too tense and tries to make a good impression...I know this.
I've already gone through peoples resume. In the interview process. Im just looking for
people I can work with...easy going. In my line of work , the work itself can be very stressful.
Work should be fun. Your actually more productive if it is.

Social Skills would have been beneficial for me while I was in school.

Any time I leave my house, or pick up (more to the point, do NOT pick up) my phone.
Didn't really have any social problems back in school, so that's not an issue.

I cannot recall a time that social skills would have been truly helpful to me. I mean, there's always some awkward moment that I'd like to change, but it's always very trivial. No, what I could have used was the ability to be more assertive when I was younger.

nerdygirl said:
I cannot recall a time that social skills would have been truly helpful to me. I mean, there's always some awkward moment that I'd like to change, but it's always very trivial. No, what I could have used was the ability to be more assertive when I was younger.

This.

IgnoredOne said:
Hehehe. Well, just everything; I remember in my freshman year, this young brunette girl took some effort to get to learn how to pronunce my name and try to know me, and she had a delightful giggle. I felt so awkward in being able to keep up a conversation with her, which is a great pity, given my loneliness at the time. I basically ignored her until she returned the favor. Tragic, really.

Aw, this put a frown on my face. At the same time I'm semi-relieved to know I'm not the only person who has done something similar to this.

I've already mentioned mine, but at a recent event I had a really pretty girl perhaps slightly older than me come over and just start trying to talk to me. I was surprised, and responded with 2 short sentences (not even asking her name or saying mine).

Felt really awkward suddenly and then melted myself away into the nearest crowd. I literally just walked backwards away when she said hi to someone who was next to me for a second, and disappeared.

Makes me cringe thinking about it. I must have looked like such a cold, anti-social dick.

And seeing as girls make the first move in talking to me about once every six years... :rolleyes:

Plus, seeing as I actually feel utterly miserable in my singleness, it's even more stupid that I did that. Isn't it interesting that I can't even explain my own behaviour? o_0

Latest posts

Back