So there's this hot girl with dreads in my art class...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

She kinda looks like Jordis Unga:

jordis_150x200.jpg

I notice she stares at me, but maybe she stares at me because I'm staring at her and it's pissing her off ahaha.

I'll admire her from a distance.

:p

(Fail.)

Well, I say go for it too. The worst that can happen is a bit of rejection and you move on to another that catches your eye (I am not a big dread fan though, I get secret urges to tackle people with them, wash the hair, and brush it out...)

Orthochromatic said:
.... I get secret urges to tackle people with them, wash the hair, and brush it out...)

I can see the police report now. Busted for hair washing. :)

bet her hair is a haven for head lice lol never really liked the dreads look on anyone. who would want a nest on their head? baffling.

stella said:
bet her hair is a haven for head lice lol never really liked the dreads look on anyone. who would want a nest on their head? baffling.

It's a common misconception, but people with dreads do (or at least should) wash their hair. Combing, no. Washing, YES. If you don't then your hair can actually mildew and will start smelling gross fast.

Luna, is she a white girl or is she multi-racial? And yeah, you should definitely talk to her.

stella said:

Is having head lice a sign of being dirty?

This couldn't be farther from the truth! Lice actually prefer a clean head. In fact, as far as the lice are concerned- the cleaner the better!! Since lice glue their eggs to the hair shafts, a clean head allows for easier attachment. This makes perfect sense when you consider that most home remedies to remove lice and nits consist of oil base. Likewise dirty hair is typically oilier. The fact that having lice means you're dirty is a myth that has gone on all to long!

site: http://www.licesolutions.org/pages/facts.html

lols

you like dreadlocks?

i personally don't but man if you want go for it

do you know her do you chat with her at all?

maybe ask someone who knows her is she's seeing someone

good luck

:)

stella said:

Some of you guys are ridiculous and ignorant, I'm sorry. Dreadlocks are HAIR. HAIR should be washed. Period. And if you have dreadlocks and don't wash your hair, you're nasty. If you DON'T have dreadlocks and don't wash your hair, you're nasty. End of story.

There is nothing wrong or nasty about tangled hair. That's all "dreadlocks" are. Gosh it's 2010 and people still believe these stupid old myths about people with dreads not washing their hair? :rolleyes:

I know they wash their hair, though I still want to give 'em a good scrubbin' and brush that stuff out. You know, thinking about it, I realize every person I have known with dreads smells like patchouli oil and seems obsessed with Burning Man...

SullenGirl said:
Some of you guys are ridiculous and ignorant...

There is really no need for insults.

Minus said:
SullenGirl said:

If someone is being ridiculous and/or ignorant (not having knowledge of something), this is not an insult. Just a statement of fact.

I see it as insulting to presume that someone with dreadlocks has lice. Also ignorant.

Just sayin'.

SullenGirl said:
Minus said:
SullenGirl said:

If someone is being ridiculous and/or ignorant (not having knowledge of something), this is not an insult. Just a statement of fact.

I see it as insulting to presume that someone with dreadlocks has lice. Also ignorant.

Just sayin'.

coricopat and shells had already covered everything you said without feeling the need to resort to insults. They are not needed.

I'd have to see a picture to see if i thought she looked good with dreads, but I bet she does. Make some conversation with her. :)

Minus said:
SullenGirl said:

I agree.

As for the dreads, someone told me you couldn't wash them. They said something about a special shampoo that didn't require water. But I've never liked dreads, so I didn't pay it mind. I'd never get them.

Well, I did try to talk to her on the second last class and we were the only ones in the room.
Said "Hi, how are you?", and she just looked at me and ignored me.

Latest posts

Back