Some basic things that i can do to enhance my intelligence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
I am really smart but i am not using my full potential because i am lazy. What are some basic things that i could do to become smarted? I also do read books.

OK, seriously, do you want to know? Because you may think this is crazy, but it definitely works.

Drink lots and lots of water. I mean like 2 liters a day. Constantly keep yourself hydrated. The brain is made up of over 80% water.

Meditate every day.

Get plenty of exercise, and cardio-vascular workout. It pumps plenty of blood to the brain.

Listen to subliminal mp3's like the Kelly Howell Brain Power ones.

Uptake your vitamins, especially all your B complex vitamins.

Take ginko biloba minerals.

Take at least an hour a day to just daydream, its great for the imagination. If not daydream, draw or play an instrument or do something artistic.

Walk out in nature as much as you can.

Read books on philosophy and psychology.

Find one or two subjects you really enjoy and study them either in a class or alone, whichever way works best for you. Also, you could do crosswords and sudoku. Maybe join some discussion groups.

I would say find some things to read that push your limits a little, where maybe you have to look up some words now and then and have to spend a little while thinking about a certain idea before moving on.

Read challenging (but enjoyable) books. I recommend hard science-fiction and classic literature. Do something creative like drawing or playing an instrument. Try learning a computer programming language such as C#.

There's different definitions of intelligence, what do you have in mind?

Do you want to know lots of stuff?

I used to quite enjoy knowing a bit about stuff, as at times it made me feel clever in certain company but now we have smart phones and the need to know anything is no longer important, Google has replaced the need to remember any historical fact or sporting achievement. This is a shame, I used to enjoy a quiz night, but now they are a played out with an air of suspicion as we watch each other twiddling with phones under the table. All that stuff I learnt, pointless and you know what, I'm forgetting it all anyway... and at an alarming rate. It's all I can do to remember the names of people I know; constantly I meet people and freeze and say "alright mate" when I'm thinking "honeysuckle what’s their name.... what’s their name??". My ability to retain information is diminishing fast. I am basically regressing back into an idiot.

Or do you want a logical mind to problem solve?

I believe you can increase your IQ by playing mind games on your DS or doing a book full of Sudoku puzzles, it might not help you solve string theory but will probably improve your ability to put numbers in boxes in a logical order faster than you could before. I have taken one IQ test on Facebook many years ago, I was rated with the highest IQ out of the 80 odd friends who also took the same IQ test, I haven't taken one since I figured I'd quit while I was ahead. I was rated just short of genius…Facebook told me so and that’s a seal of approval you can take to the bank (I jest there… someone will mock me for that statement,,I was jesting). Well it’s not a MENSA test sure but I still like to bring it up now and then to gloat at a couple of my friends over a beer or two. That Facebook IQ test... man... I've probably found that more satisfying and more useful in life than my degree. Quit pathetic really, but probably true.

Do you want to acquire wisdom?

Well that’s all I seek nowadays, I want to grow old and be that wise sage of a man who chuckles watching youngsters make the same mistakes I did all those years ago. I want to be able to impart advice to anyone who will listen while knowing that because I’m old no one will...they'll think I'm just some interfering old coot. Wisdom is the way to go, question your actions, question the normal, what’s really important in life and live and learn. Grow old, grow a beard grow wise. All the rest of the stuff, facts, IQ points don’t acquire them for the sake of it, if you're interested in something sure follow it up but knowing things for the sake of it is a long and rather pointless path. Like those quiz masters on the quiz show Eggheads who spent their whole life learning facts and figures for the sake of it instead of enjoying life and carrying a smart phone about instead.

If the thing that is holding you back is laziness, then you need to work on that. We can give you advice on increasing your knowledge or intelligence, but if you're too lazy to do them, it doesn't really matter.

randomdude said:
I am really smart but i am not using my full potential because i am lazy. What are some basic things that i could do to become smarted? I also do read books.

Anyone who states they're 'really smart" almost certainly isn't.
World is full of unrealised potential.
Truly smart people know how to work efficienctly.
"Layback" is an OK approach I reckon. But not lazy.

Take up programming and the language C. If you master it, your IQ should have risen by at least 10. Because in the meantime your brain will have to develop the logical and other apparati.

Latest posts

Back