someone to talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm almost 19 years old and im in the United States. and i am lonely. i want more friends but im scared. i am willing to talk to anyone who is willing to talk to me :D

Personally I think you should filter that "anyone...." thing, that's an invitation to all kinds of weird.

happinessforever said:
WildernessWildChild said:
Personally I think you should filter that "anyone...." thing, that's an invitation to all kinds of weird.
filter it how?

Consider putting up some interests that you might share in common? Things you like to discuss, things you do with your life etc. That might help find more suitable people to start a conversation with :)

Or something like:

'I will talk to anyone... except Canadians.' :p

* Just joking - I would love to visit Canada one day, it has always captured my imagination. Plus the people on here from there seem really nice people. Even WWC!

Haha! Yea, because you could get me! And all I talk about are dogs. And that gets boring!

I just get on chat when I need to talk to people. It's helped me out.

Edward W said:
Or something like:

'I will talk to anyone... except Canadians.' :p

* Just joking - I would love to visit Canada one day, it has always captured my imagination. Plus the people on here from there seem really nice people. Even WWC!

Don't kid yourself Eddie- we've created an urban myth that Canadians are nice to lull you into complacency....be afraid, be very afraid!

happinessforever said:
I'm almost 19 years old and im in the United States. and i am lonely. i want more friends but im scared. i am willing to talk to anyone who is willing to talk to me :D

I guess the question would be, what are you scared of?

being cheated on and getting hurt again...or being raped. its a lot of things put together
LifeCoachWithL said:
happinessforever said:

I guess the question would be, what are you scared of?

happinessforever said:

I'll talk with you, although as Wild child says, knowing interests helps.

Although I've never watched the walking dead (per your signature), someone did show me this funny image of it:
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cutting-grass.jpg

happinessforever said:

Why just the United States? Why not the whole English-speaking world? :p I think it'd be best to find someone local, or at least in your state, that way you have the option of seeing the person for real. Some people can do the internet relationship thing, but I find them to be lacking. I just come on here to rant in splendid anonymity.

Okay...
State: Arkansas
Interests: Walking Dead, zombies, turtles, reading, writing, love, happiness, true friends, finding someone to love me for me...

Does this help?
~Layla Rose

happinessforever said:
Okay...
Interests: Walking Dead, zombies, turtles, reading, writing, love, happiness, true friends, finding someone to love me for me...

Does this help?
~Layla Rose

You know, there's a large gamer base (or even walking dead fan base) where those two phrases alone would be an instant winner with most people. Are you talking 'night of the living dead' slow walking zombies, or 'dawn of the dead' fast running zombies?

Surely you must have mentally devised your survival strategy for a zombie disaster? Would you be willing to share?

happinessforever said:

Hi 19 year old, I am willing and able to listen.
Louise

PS
turn your age number backward and you have my age.
I am quite able to help if you listen. most problems are based on what goes on in our thoughts, one can learn a lot. I am also alone, and do feel lonely also at times, so no matter what age we are we can manage our aloneness from within.

Any type of zombies really. theyre all my favorites :D ive mentally survived a lot of zombie disasters! haha just read my stories and you'll know! i'm completely obsessed :D
Groucho said:
happinessforever said:
Okay...

Does this help?
~Layla Rose

You know, there's a large gamer base (or even walking dead fan base) where those two phrases alone would be an instant winner with most people. Are you talking 'night of the living dead' slow walking zombies, or 'dawn of the dead' fast running zombies?

Surely you must have mentally devised your survival strategy for a zombie disaster? Would you be willing to share?

happinessforever said:
Any type of zombies really. theyre all my favorites :D ive mentally survived a lot of zombie disasters! haha just read my stories and you'll know! i'm completely obsessed :D

I find too many zombie disasters occur in America where there's an overabundance of weapons to be had. But imagine trying the same scenario in Britain where guns aren't so easily found. I think it's too easy to say 'oh this person found a gun and so shot the zombie' and much harder to say 'this person was crafty and invented XYZ to beat this zombie'.

The problem is a zombie virus would have to be purely a waterborne pathogen (or alternately, blood borne) because if it was airborne people could breathe it in and turn into zombies, and only immune people could survive: but then they'd be immune from bites too, which removes any sense of tension or ambiguity.

Best weapon I think would have to be a claymore sword (doesn't run out of ammo), but... if you're a pacifist, then that's a bit of a problem. Because you're basically killing real people, right? Or are you? Is it still technically murder? What if the person was secretly still alive but couldn't control their actions, so they could feel everything you do to them?

I think 'I am legend' explores the whole 'the humans are the evil people', but it's perhaps a bit too glossed over.

Groucho said:
happinessforever said:

I find too many zombie disasters occur in America where there's an overabundance of weapons to be had. But imagine trying the same scenario in Britain where guns aren't so easily found. I think it's too easy to say 'oh this person found a gun and so shot the zombie' and much harder to say 'this person was crafty and invented XYZ to beat this zombie'.

The problem is a zombie virus would have to be purely a waterborne pathogen (or alternately, blood borne) because if it was airborne people could breathe it in and turn into zombies, and only immune people could survive: but then they'd be immune from bites too, which removes any sense of tension or ambiguity.

Best weapon I think would have to be a claymore sword (doesn't run out of ammo), but... if you're a pacifist, then that's a bit of a problem. Because you're basically killing real people, right? Or are you? Is it still technically murder? What if the person was secretly still alive but couldn't control their actions, so they could feel everything you do to them?

I think 'I am legend' explores the whole 'the humans are the evil people', but it's perhaps a bit too glossed over.

That is truer than you think because demons do exist and everyone has one in them. Many with problems are possessed. It is not humans that are evil it is the demon within that they listen to.
The bible says to take every thought captive and there is a good reason for that.
Louise

Latest posts

Back