Sorry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdot

Reaction score
If I have said anything lately that angered or annoyed anyone, I'm sorry. My loneliness can cause wild mood swings sometimes. I'll be fine with the world for a while and then suddenly the loneliness sets in and I get depressed. I then sometimes have a habit of saying things I shouldn't.

Lately, I've been seeing multiple people at work getting married for a second time. Some have stated in the past that they have no interest in ever dating someone again. Then the next thing I know they are married again.

I honestly don't understand where people find other people to date. Just makes absolutely no sense. When multiple people around me start finding new people to date or get married to, it starts to remind me of how clueless I am. Then it comes to a boiling point where I just collapse and sometimes start throwing up. I've hit that point this evening. Unfortunately I don't know how long it will last since there isn't really a solution other than wait for someone in real life to talk to me.

Later this month things will get magnified. I do a large community service event that last 11 days. I'll be out in the public around thousands of people every day. I'll see a ton of couples each day and it completely wears me down. Not only that but the people I volunteer can sometimes be really cute females. They will bring their boyfriends and be all happy and bubbly. They will try to talk to me which gets me all depressed. I do what I can to avoid them. Unfortunately I can't just wander off and hide to relax. It's so sad that I have to torture myself just to help others in the community. But I'm too much into helping others that I punish myself a lot. Most people never realize how much pain I go through when I'm around all these happy couples. When I do end up opening up to someone, they think it's just strange and start ignoring me. So many women think I have an easy dating life. They never can understand ow I can possibly be single. Most people don't understand what it's like to be someone that doesn't grasp social life.

So once again, I'm sorry if I have posted anything bad. I'm going to go back to throwing up. Luckily I skipped dinner.

Sorry you're feeling so bad right now, BD.
I can sympathize (at least a bit) with those overwhelming feelings when loneliness is at it's worst.
I hope it gets a little better soon.

Most people that easily and continually find others are more codependent than compatible. Don't let outward appearances of bliss fool you. Some of the most miserable people I know are happily married.

jd7 said:
Most people that easily and continually find others are more codependent than compatible. Don't let outward appearances of bliss fool you. Some of the most miserable people I know are happily married.

From what I can tell though, the people I know that recently got married are very much compatible while their previous marriages were a bad choice.

But never the less, I just don't understand how people find someone else.

I understand weird though. I have no problem with weird. Weird is at least entertaining. :)
The only "relationship" (which most people considered just a friendship) I have had was weird. I was happy.

blackdot said:
jd7 said:

From what I can tell though, the people I know that recently got married are very much compatible ...
There are two reasons why this perception is so pervasive amongst onlookers. First, it always appears blissful from the outside because couples put their collective best faces forward. And second, what you have described is common to most honeymoon periods. Now, I'm not saying "Don't be lonely." And I'm not saying that some of these folks are not genuinely happy. What I'm offering is the recommendation that you cut yourself some slack by not idealizing the relationships of others. In reality, the codependent masses are not as happy as they appear.

Blackdot-I share your feelings. I've known several people who have been widowed or divorced, then a couple of years later they are married again. Like you, I don't know how they do it. I have looked for years for a partner, and they seem to meet someone so easily without having to use online dating or classified ads. or any other 'help.' Maybe with widows amd widowers who have had a good marriage it is the confidence they have from knowing that someone wanted them enough in the past to marry them which has brought them their new partner. I got a friend request from an ex neighbour the other day-she was widowed ten years ago, has since lived with someone, and is now married to someone else. I have also known many others who said that they didn't ever intend to marry, and now they are married and settled without having to spend years and years endlessly searching.

Another issue is that no one in my family understands the situation.
My dad met my mom when they were young at a gas station. She had never dated anyone. He had never dated anyone. They have been married over 40 years. My brother met his now wife I believe in elementary school. They dated since probably middle school. He never dated anyone else. She never dated anyone else.

My mom always tells me she wishes she could help me but she doesn't know how the process works. For me, I met the perfect person and then she killed herself after pushing me away. I'm the black sheep in the family. Everyone I know either can find someone within a few days of looking, have no interest in dating at all, or they are like me have no idea how to find someone.

I'm even finding old people who are finding someone to date and get married to. I don't get old people dating but still, even they can find someone.

Triple Bogey said:
Maybe people who meet partners easily are less picky ?
Just a thought.

That is true of me in my 20's. I was extremely picky back then. But then at the same time I wasn't ready to date. I was too young.
I also wasn't looking to date married women at that time which were who was always wanting to date me.

Latest posts

Back