Soul or DNA?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantante

Reaction score
I think we created ourself, the soul, from DNA. But we (the body) are not DNA. It`s like a body, shaped around the soul. What I mean by soul, is ourself, our "personality".

What do you think? Did we create ourself? Or, are we DNA for the most part (body with a soul)? Yes, I do believe in a soul, that we are real persons, do ya?

I'm not sure what you are exactly getting at, we can't really create ourselves since human reproduction requires an egg and sperm. I think your comparison of soul vs DNA is a bit confusing since DNA is what defines how we develop and grow. A soul does not do that. Your DNA holds your genetic code, souls do not.

Also on a side note you might want to think about removing your personal information from you signature for security reasons. Although you have to be a member to use this forum you don't have to be to view it and anyone can see your information without being a member.

It could be "we" just use DNA to build, not the other way around. I mean, the soul is building us up, using DNA. Did that make it any clearer?

Edit: So our body, is an representation of our soul.

Sci-Fi said:
I'm not sure what you are exactly getting at, we can't really create ourselves since human reproduction requires an egg and sperm. I think your comparison of soul vs DNA is a bit confusing since DNA is what defines how we develop and grow. A soul does not do that. Your DNA holds your genetic code, souls do not.

Oh if that's what you are getting at then (to me) they are two different things that have nothing to do with the other.

DNA are just well-put together proteins. We're just meat, like every other animal, well adapted to our environments with a mechanism we self-ascribe as intelligence.

You don`t believe you are a real person? I must disagree on the last part, we are more than just "adapted."

Amthorn said:
DNA are just well-put together proteins. We're just meat, like every other animal, well adapted to our environments with a mechanism we self-ascribe as intelligence.

Cantante said:
You don`t believe you are a real person? I must disagree on the last part, we are more than just "adapted."

Amthorn said:

Sorry, not sure I understand the question here.

I think what you mean to say is, are we products of DNA, or are we products of an intangible, non-scientific, non-quantifiable entity?

I don't know myself. I don't see how anything is possible outside of the cold, scientific world. But then again, I really do want to believe in something higher like the soul.

Latest posts

Back