Space Cadet Academy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintymint

Reaction score
Ever space out and find yourself doing something dumb? It happens to me with little things a lot. Let's share some space out episodes :D

1. This morning I found myself attempting to put the milk back in the cupboard (it wouldn't fit).

2. One time I took my dirty dishes and went into the bathroom(don't ask).

3. I will put ice cream back in the fridge just about every other time(possible exaggeration).

I threw my favourite spoon in the bin. I never saw it again. *sniffle*

Spent 10 minutes this morning staring at my shoes. Forgot what I was supposed to do next-
Put them on and go get a bus. Hurrr.

I once found my keys in the refrigerator. =\
I have put the milk in the pantry.
I have been so rushed in the mornings, getting my little one ready and trying to get ready for work, that I've found myself at work with my shirt on inside out. :p

EveWasFramed said:
I have been so rushed in the mornings, getting my little one ready and trying to get ready for work, that I've found myself at work with my shirt on inside out. :p

I will one-up you on that one. I've gone out with my shirt inside out AND backwards. Seriously.

I've once put my garbage in the refrigirator while putting the milk in the sink and putting my plate in the garbage bin.

I've tried to put my pants on my head as a shirt. The two arms went in fine but my head didn't get through the...yea.

Nitramici said:
I've once put my garbage in the refrigirator while putting the milk in the sink and putting my plate in the garbage bin.

this sentence keeps making me laugh!!

My little bro lost $50 in the his sock once. He put it there for safe-keeping and then forget it was there...so I spent like 2 hours trying to help him find it...and then, later, when he took off his shoes and socks, the damned 50-bill dropped right out.

I wanted to bop him on the head for that.

Haha I have a good one about me, as well. I once filled out half of a scantron-style test answer sheet (during a class test) with an ink pen....and then realized that we were supposed to be using a #2 Pencil only. Doy. :p

----Steve

mintymint said:
2. One time I took my dirty dishes and went into the bathroom(don't ask).

One time I loaded up my bathroom sink with dirty dishes. Except I was fully coherent and aware of my actions.

There was method to my madness, you see. Reason with my Rhyme. The kitchen sink was full and starting to mold over and I wished not to face such horror...so I did my dishes in the bathroom.

Shut up, it makes perfect sense.

everytime I to do orget some thing I do or get something else.
I'm always spaced out, i need to be less oblivious.

I lose my glasses on top of my head at least once a day, and only yesterday I spent a good while carrying about a pair of pants. I was meant to put them in the wash pile, but then got distracted, forgot I was holding them and went about my business. Also, I once went to work wearing my slippers that were designed to look like gorilla feet. I never lived that one down.

I've caught myself putting food items in the wrong places too, like ice cream in the refrigerator instead of the freezer. I've bought clothes only to get home and realize I've grabbed the wrong size. I've left my purse behind in the dressing room once or twice. I've even accidentally shoplifted: I hold my purse in place under my arm to free up my hands, and I get accustomed to holding something under my upper arm. I needed a place to put an item while shopping so I put it under my arm like my purse -- and completely forgot about it! I walked right through the checkout like that and the cashier didn't notice and neither did I until I got out to the car and started putting everything away. It was nothing valuable, but I'm going to end up with the lamest criminal record ever if I'm not more careful. I'm particularly bad about losing bus passes. I've been known to absentmindedly misplace my drinking glass, eyeglasses, comb, phone, etc. I've even accidentally thrown out a diamond ring. I sliced halfway through my fingertip a couple of weeks ago because I was zoned out and groggy that morning while trying to slice a bagel (it's still numb :( ). I think I'm well-qualified to join the Space Cadet Academy. Like that Pixies song, "Where is my mind??!" lol

Lol this thread.

I was coming back from shopping, and I was trying to do so much at once - bring in all the bags, unpack all the bags, and put away the items from the bags - that I never put my keys down on the table like I usually do, and I ended up trying to put them in the freezer.

I've also tried looking for dry cereal in the fridge before.

Today at work, I kept putting the napkins in the cutlery holder and the spoons in the bin.

It was like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

VanillaCreme said:
I've also tried looking for dry cereal in the fridge before.

You wouldn't feel bad about that at my house. I keep my cereal in the fridge! Helps keep it from getting bleah from humidity.

As for the main topic of this thread... This is what happens every time I get online. "I'm going to check my email." Then, I end up doing something else and at the end of the day, I'm staring at this blank tab on Firefox, without a clue why I had it open.

I make coffee or boil water for tea and then completely forget about it.

I'm always just suddenly noticing that there's something in my hand. Just... random objects from forgotten errands that I must have been on.

It's weird. :p

Latest posts

Back