Spent my birthday alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jafo! happy late birthday, sorry I didn't see this earlier...
Getting healthier is a major lifestyle change, and there will be setbacks, please don't give up, I hope you don't give up.
This said, I can't even manage to lose 10 stupid pounds, so I greatly admire you for losing 70, if you did it once you can do it again and then they will be only 200.
Hope you can get the motivation you need, even from this forum.

And, PS, you are definitely not alone in the lonely birthday thing...

Happy un-birthday, enjoy it! Lone wolves are the born survivors, they don't need a condescending pack member to throw them a bone! Birthdays are only a contrived attempt at enforcing care anyways, most people wouldn't give two scoops of poop for people they meet just for birthdays. I myself haven't been to or had a birthday with others since I was 9, and I stopped telling people on the day when I was a teenager. As for the eating out alone, I see it as inspirational! My social anxiety would have me run out of the place after one word from others, maybe eating in the toilet a la mean girls. Change places!

Happy Birthday

I applaud the guts it takes to do this....easy to hide away in the house or let it conquer you....Go out in the world ...breathe the air...revel...

I know I have social issues and a lack of conversational ability....I had given up on people and was alone for years...

Found someone and had a few good years and a few bad...took a year to heal from it....wouldnt change much about it and would go through it again....

Be yourself...stay out there...talk to us..and before you know it something will sneak up on you

Thank you everyone, It's tough to start over, but I'm trying.

Happy Belated Birthday, Jafo! You may have eaten dinner on your birthday alone, but you have many friends on here that wish you had a nice day. Please don't think you are alone either. I spent my birthday alone at home without going for Chinese food.

Happy belated birthday...!!! I remember few years back, I went on a vacation & buddy of mine's birthday was in that week... He called me up on Skype & we ended up having dinner together over it... It felt a bit odd @ first but it turned out ok by the end of the night... We "hung out" over the Skype for about 2 hours...

Jafo said:
Thank you everyone, It's tough to start over, but I'm trying.

But you are starting over. Your birthday is over and done with. You survived. Look at it that way. :)

VanillaCreme said:
That's really good, Jafo. I wish I could loose all that weight. My will power stinks to high hell. I'm sure I could if I really tried though.

Bite the bullet and do it. You'll feel better for it as soon as you do. Start small and just extend the length of your runs over time.

Yea Happy Birthday :) , Mine is coming up on the 20th of October. And don't want anyone to know how old I am.

Xpendable said:
Close to 28 now. Not what I imagined :(

sorry you spent your birthday alone. My birthday is coming up on the 2oth of October, I had a twin but he was killed in car accident years ago. I'm okay with it now though, he's in Heaven now.

Jafo said:
Turned 41 yesterday and I spent my birthday alone. Went out to a Chinese restaurant and a family passed by my table. A little girl turns to her mom and goes "mommy, why is that man eating alone, he looks so sad". The mother told her that was rude and quickly apologized on behalf of her daughter. I told her there was nothing to be sorry for. It does get easier every year though.

I am sure there are many people just like you who spend their birthday alone.

It's gotten to the point that I don't even think about my birthday anymore when it comes around.

I always spend my birthdays alone, same with new years, my trick is to try and get through the day as fast as i can.

I would really like to have a big themed party, or some adventure thing, or anything, but I got nobody to invite :( So even if I wanted to do something the last I don't know how many birthdays, I just skipped it, it's no idea to try when the closest to a friend one got to invite is random guildies in some online game on other side of the earth.

One is never alone in loneliness, if that helps :/

Meaw said:
Ardour, do you mean common retort from oneself, the world around, or both? Otherwise, I cannot anything else but agree :)

No, it does not help.

Latest posts

Back