stressful day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more of an axe in the back of the head kinda guy myself :p

Awwww, no fair! No chance for the victim to fight back or escape!

Where's your Jigsaw Spirit? Always leave an out! :(

----Steve

Steel said:
I'm more of an axe in the back of the head kinda guy myself :p

If splitting my skull open is the only way to make you people happy, then I guess that's what I'll do.

Please excuse me if I try to exhaust all other possibilities first.

Twitchy said:
cheaptrickfan said:
but FFS, one guy actually said, "You're a ****-fine looking woman now, but do you know how hot you'd be with a little plastic surgery? Wear some more dresses, put on some makeup, you'd be a totally different person!"

I think I might have kicked him. That's just incredibly rude.

He was a charmer.

Twitchy said:
What a lot of people don't realize is that trying to change for someone else is actually bad for both people involved. It's not fair to the person trying to change, and the other person just ends up with a phony. Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

I agree. It is not fair. I'm not sure why people would want that unless it has to do with them being outside their comfort zone and dealing with differences in others, y'know? I'm sure some people may be concerned with status and desire that their mate look "good enough" to other people because they think that it's a reflection on them. I find the thought that another person is a trophy to be especially revolting. It totally dismisses the person inside, and that, after all is what ultimately counts; NOT the size car a man drives or whether or not a woman is a size zero.

Twitchy said:
Then again, I suspect 90% of the people here would prefer I purchase a large handgun and blow the back of my skull out just for being myself. So in some cases, I suppose folks prefer a phony. :/
Anyone who prefers a phony is not worth your time, so you stop that talk right now! Don't make me scold you.

What was the thread again? "Scold people"? :p

Sanal said:
What was the thread again? "Scold people"? :p

I think it was the Act Your Age thread, so I am.

I am a Mom, ergo I scold.

Twitchy said:
cheaptrickfan said:
so you stop that talk right now! Don't make me scold you.

Please scold me...Work is incredibly boring today. :(

You're in luck: I am in full-on scold mode today. I have a sick kid home from school and at the moment she is not acting as sick as she claimed to be this morning. So, scold scold scold.

Of course she'll probably turn around and puke everywhere as soon as I'm done so then I'll feel guilty for scolding a sickie.

Badjedidude said:
Awwww, no fair! No chance for the victim to fight back or escape!

Where's your Jigsaw Spirit? Always leave an out! :(

----Steve

I kind of like *thunk* noises tho :p

cheaptrickfan said:
You're in luck: I am in full-on scold mode today. I have a sick kid home from school and at the moment she is not acting as sick as she claimed to be this morning. So, scold scold scold.

Of course she'll probably turn around and puke everywhere as soon as I'm done so then I'll feel guilty for scolding a sickie.

What I hate is "but I'm feeling better now", which usually arrives at the very moment it's too late to send them back to school.

Of course, the ultimate shame is when the school phones to say your darling son/daughter is ill, and could you please come and collect them. I can almost hear the "you bad parent you".

Steel said:
What I hate is "but I'm feeling better now", which usually arrives at the very moment it's too late to send them back to school.

I know! Clever little wretches! One time last year, when she was home from school, this kid was actually dancing around the house when she was supposed to be resting. I wasn't feeling all that hot myself, so I was pretty snappish. I snapped at her, "For a sick little girl, you don't seem to be acting like it! You are never staying home from school again!"

At that point, she burst into tears and ran into the other room.

Way to go, Mommy.

Steel said:
Of course, the ultimate shame is when the school phones to say your darling son/daughter is ill, and could you please come and collect them. I can almost hear the "you bad parent you".

Oh I know. "Mrs. X, your daughter has a fever of 102." (unspoken) "How DARE you send her out in this weather!!"

Ugh.

Steel said:

I pulled that off several times as a kid. The secret was figuring out the exact time that it's too late to be sent to school.

Somewhere shortly after lunch worked fairly well.

Twitchy said:
I pulled that off several times as a kid. The secret was figuring out the exact time that it's too late to be sent to school.

Somewhere shortly after lunch worked fairly well.

Yes, because the crafty child can claim that it was the healing benefits of mom's home-made chicken soup that perked them up.

well alrighty then...lol. twitchy im sorry you feel people want you to off yourself. i think beneath all your defensive "fresia-isms" there is a lot of pain for feeling rejected.

well, i guess i can throw out the age difference theory. it may just be me, then. I think i may not have much in common with kids these days. So i think im going to try something else. i think im going to sign up for the triathlon club. My only hesitation is that id have to wear a swim suit and im not exactly skinny. so i dont know if id be too embarrassed in front of skinny people.

heretostay said:
well alrighty then...lol. twitchy im sorry you feel people want you to off yourself. i think beneath all your defensive "fresia-isms" there is a lot of pain for feeling rejected.

lol.. Well yes, it tends to bother me a bit when people want me dead. I guess I'm just funny that way. I don't think it comes from "feeling rejected", it comes from people telling me to die. :/

It still doesn't make me want to act like anything less than myself.

heretostay said:
My only hesitation is that id have to wear a swim suit and im not exactly skinny. so i dont know if id be too embarrassed in front of skinny people.

As I recall, there were several people on our high school swim team that weren't exactly thin. They seemed to do just fine.

But who's telling you to die? Surely not anyone on here!? o_0

heretostay: Haha water is the great equalizer. All peoples fat, thin, beautiful, and ugly all drown just as easily as the next person. But swimming is killer cardio! Go for it! :D

----Steve

Latest posts

Back