Suffering burnout from failure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysigh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just joined here and I can relate to so many of the issues listed throughout this site...which do I address first? Loneliness, lack of friends, can't find a mate, screwed up family/childhood...

So I thought I'd start with something simple, and that would fit with the mood I'm in at the moment: How do you deal with repeated failures in life? I hope this doesn't come across as "whiney" but it seems that 90% of everything I do ends in failure. A few examples:

Several attempts at my own business were flops; this includes my current career as a graphic designer, I have been completely unsuccessful as a freelancer and always have to rely on employment agencies and contractors for work. Previously I tried to start my own medical transcription biz; spent $2K on the equipment...ended up giving it away on eBay.

Another failure is my website where I sell Christmas ornaments that I make (don't worry, admins, I won't use this forum to spam about my other sites!); it generates $0 so I end up putting them on eBay where I sell a few if I'm lucky. Last year a catalog contacted me about making kits out of my designs. I got so excited and thought, wow, I've finally made something of this. What did I get? $70 per ornament, and that's it (no, my name doesn't appear anywhere on the kits).

I recently started my own forum to combat online rudeness and have yet to have a single person join.

I've spent tons of $$$ on online dating sites; big disappointment there (yes, I've tried the free ones as well). I'll save the details for another post.

I won't even get into my failed marriage (again, that's for another post)

On the smaller end, I have a blog that nobody reads; I post stuff on Facebook and nobody comments, "likes" or "shares."

Sometimes I wonder if I'm even alive (or dead like that guy in "The Sixth Sense").

So how do you "ignore" your life of failures and keep trying to have something positive to talk about in your life? The online dating experience made me want to create a forum where you could post your internet dating horror stories -- but I stopped myself and said why bother, nobody will join...

I can't even come to an internet message board without encountering failure -- most of the time either nobody responds or I get the rudest response ever (which prompted me to create that forum). Hopefully this won't happen here, right? :D

How do you NOT become negative when you're surrounded by so much negativity?

I'm guessing everyone will say "look at the positive aspects of your life"...well, there ain't much to say there. I'm 44, divorced, no children, no real friends (I enjoyed reading the threads about why its so hard these days to make/keep friends, glad to see I'm not alone)...

Don't worry, I'm not suicidal (although I do take rx for depression, which I sufferred from severely my entire life).

Well thanks for listening, and you have any advice I'm open to hearing it!

Its on what you focus on. You mentioned a lot of the negativity, but what about the positive thingsi n your life? If you got into a marriage, at least that meant that you were able to get quite seriously involved with a girl - and you were brave enough to try a great nubmer of things, which is impressive.

Starting your own business is usually a flop, to be honest. What about work otherwise? Do you have college, etc? All of those are points of pride.

Try reading 7 habits of effective people.

Just gatta learn how to see things differently...I guess

U can also try the sedona Method
to help you with letting of negative
thoughts and feelings....
Pretty much gets you to the point
of not giving a fresia oneway or the other....in ohter word PEACE.
In a state of peace ur be able to function.

or look at failure as mistake..so
you can make corrections....

example...I have relattionships or challenges.

Its all how I see it...

I can look at it as I totally suck and
failed ovr and over again..

Or Im successful at
******* the living honeysuckle out of lots and lots of beautiful women

oki doki..the sugar coat version
that U heard thousands of times...

Glass is empty or glass is half full.

I can't give you any advice. But I just wanted to say that your post made me smile. :)
(Btw, I wouldn't mind being able to see your blog.)

You are LIVING! I commend you for TRYING.

[video=youtube]

I'm sorry but I get a lot of urges to post amel larrieux stuff. She's my favorite of all time.

Thanks for the kind responses...

re: "If you got into a marriage, at least that meant that you were able to get quite seriously involved with a girl"

Well I'm of the female variety of humans :cool:, I met the jerk over in my mom's native country, he only used me to come to America so that marriage was a flop from the start (everyone warned me of this but I so wanted to believe otherwise...)

re: "You are LIVING! I commend you for TRYING"
I'm starting to believe Homer Simpson's mantra that trying is the first step to failure.

I always hear the saying that stupidity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So, really, I should just give up, sit back and become the crazy cat lady on the block.

Reading your post, the thought that came to my mind was how strong of a person you are. I find your story inspiring. I actually feel ashamed of myself, always being to scared of failure to do anything. Please don't give up. You are my hero of the day.

leevy said:
Reading your post, the thought that came to my mind was how strong of a person you are. I find your story inspiring. I actually feel ashamed of myself, always being to scared of failure to do anything. Please don't give up. You are my hero of the day.

Well thank you for that :D, although if you think about it, at the end of the day we're pretty much in the same boat (and you've probably got a lot more saved in your 401k than I do).

Latest posts

Back