Suggestion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
I also think most people don't know the whole story.

Here's the story.. of a lovely lady...

the-brady-bunch-reboot.jpg

Nerdim said:
Not really sure the logic and placement of this. Im newish but have observed something that literally makes no sense(at least from a logic PoV, im well aware of the real reasoning). Basically, skype chat is 'forbidden', xat chat is dead, and then theres the private little club of people who will have an exclusive chat. I understand the desperate need for control and the feeling of insecurity behind the people making the decision, but to ban the promotion of one superior chat service, for a xat chat that is dead, and one that only the little club of people who made the decision that no one else can get into seems flawed since there is obviously demand for audio/video chat.

Any intelligent implementer of any field of service would have found a replacement service that both served the A/V need while still had the ability for the little club of people to maintain those controls that are 'needed', and still have their separate chat to all reinforce eachothers insecurities reassure everyone that theyre right and everyone else is wrong.

All in all, communities run by people who dont understand people die off due to poor management - the simply lack of logic on this can only be described as...stupid. I used to be a community manager for a much more difficult community(think WoW types, not the mild joking you guys struggle to comprehend), and this is basically the worst way to run it. Communities thrive on communication.

The topic of the skype chat is NOT open for discussion, as was made VERY clear in the closed thread. If you have an issue with that, take it up with forum staff in a PM.

Strike that - don't bother with a PM. The discussion over and your post is unappreciated and antagonistic. Make another like it, calling people "stupid" and you will find yourself joining the ranks of the banned members.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
How dare anyone try to promote camaraderie among similar souls. There's certainly no logic in that.

Unless its a skype chat Mods cant control right?

Nerdim said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:
How dare anyone try to promote camaraderie among similar souls. There's certainly no logic in that.

Oh, I understand now. Circlejerks are only valid when they're edgy and rebellious.

Nerdim said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:

I guess you didn't my warning about the topic NOT being up for debate seriously.

We have no interest in "controlling" the Skype chat. We are not involved in it.
You should really know what you're talking about before you start mouthing off. But since you didn't listen when I said to drop it, enjoy your ban.

Being oblivious has it's perks :D

Badjedidude said:
TheRealCallie said:
I also think most people don't know the whole story.

Here's the story.. of a lovely lady...

the-brady-bunch-reboot.jpg

"...Who was busy bringing up three very lovely girls..."

Eve, here's a thought. If you really want to gauge the interest in this chatroom, why don't you set up a poll so people can vote for, against, and undecided for this chatroom? There's a feature on the forum that allows you to do this, no?

This thread is all over the place and rather confusing to me and maybe the poll would make things clearer. It might help you make a decision.

Latest posts

Back