Surviving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitch1983

Reaction score
Just here to unload really, get it off my mind for a couple of minutes if anything.

Im struggling with life, just now. In fact ive been struggling with life for almost 10 years.

i started off super sensitive and ended up depressed, im more confident and sure of myself but ultimately still lonely.

fitness gave me the tools to fight the depression. but i still feel like a empty shell at times.

i used to go on 5 or 6 dates a year, try get myself amongst people. but rejection was always the name of the game for me. now i struggle to get out the house for anything other than work or the gym.

im not the most attractive guy, best way to describe me would be a monster with a good body. im also shy and struggle to make conversation, unless its about sports. i wouldnt say i was gifted with intelligence either, not dumb, just on the tad simple side. although i think its more to do with my good heart and innocence.

my career is ok, im a civil engineering technician but no one respects me. i either get pity or insults in all walks of life. plus when im feeling low, my work suffers because i find it hard to concentrate. so i havent advanced in my working career.

just finding it hard to keep going now, life feels empty, hopeless, cant remember when i had something to look forward too.

is there any hope out there?

Hey Hitch!
Sorry you're going through all of this. I hope things work out better for you. Remember though, things can always get better. :)

hitch1983 said:
Just here to unload really, get it off my mind for a couple of minutes if anything.

Im struggling with life, just now. In fact ive been struggling with life for almost 10 years.

i started off super sensitive and ended up depressed, im more confident and sure of myself but ultimately still lonely.

fitness gave me the tools to fight the depression. but i still feel like a empty shell at times.

i used to go on 5 or 6 dates a year, try get myself amongst people. but rejection was always the name of the game for me. now i struggle to get out the house for anything other than work or the gym.

im not the most attractive guy, best way to describe me would be a monster with a good body. im also shy and struggle to make conversation, unless its about sports. i wouldnt say i was gifted with intelligence either, not dumb, just on the tad simple side. although i think its more to do with my good heart and innocence.

my career is ok, im a civil engineering technician but no one respects me. i either get pity or insults in all walks of life. plus when im feeling low, my work suffers because i find it hard to concentrate. so i havent advanced in my working career.

just finding it hard to keep going now, life feels empty, hopeless, cant remember when i had something to look forward too.

is there any hope out there?

you need to find some hobbies that you can do by yourself that make you happy. I have golf and photography.

Hi Hitch1983 welcome to the forum,

It's good that you go to work and the gym. What are your interests? Have you seen the website meetup.com, maybey there are some groups you can go to?

I very much doubt you are a monster with a good body. Attractiveness is not just about looks anyhow. If you feel you have nothing to talk about apart from sports, then perhaps you could take up a new interst?

You sound like you feel stuch in a rut with your job too, is that job working out for you or might it give you something positive to focus on if you thought about retraining?

There is hope, there is allways that.

Is there any way you can add to your self-treatment of your depression ? Professional or otherwise.

Fitness doesn't seem like it's doing enough for you.

You would have to possess a certain level of intelligence to work as a draftsman. Plenty of people couldn't do it. Anyone with a restricted social life with limited opportunities for conversation is going to think of themselves as dumb, it's the nature of isolation that parts of your mind shut down.

Welcome.

I wouldn't normally try to give advice to others unless I completely understand the situation but I can definitely relate to alot of the emotions you feel right now. The shyness, rejection, finding it affecting my work. But as it states in your title, the key is to survive right now. Dont let it beat you down to the extent that you become useless and devoid of life. You really have to focus on the good things.

If you got a good body then work on that mate. Not everyone has the perfect package but if you god gave you ups on one aspects of your life and downs on another then you got to work on the good bits and maximize its potential right? And you got a decent job.

thanks for the advice, ill take it on board. im trying hard, just some days are worse than others and that day was especially hard

Just come here and let it all out. We are not professionals, but people on here will listen to you and try to help.

Some days are hard. Just remember, things can get better.
Hang in there dear. :)

cumulus.james said:
Just come here and let it all out. We are not professionals, but people on here will listen to you and try to help.

^^ This too.

Latest posts

Back