Talk is cheap. Show me the code.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
I stopped pursuing women and relationships long ago.
Wouldn't go into deep reasons since my previous posts provide sufficient info.

Part 1: Going to the past:

I have loved someone since I was 16. I couldn't move on for about 10 years. Never saw her for those 10 years, and no contact.
But then I came in contact with her on social media. After some months of talking, I expressed my feelings.
The response was the lamest.
But she did know somehow that I used to have feelings for her. To sum it up, obviously, she wasn't interested.
But she'd like the attention she was getting. She liked the fact that a guy was begging to her.
And she loved to leave no replies. And then make posts showing that although she was active on SM, she didn't want to respond to me. Basically asking me to go away.

But altogether, our conversations make a LONG chat. In those, she NEVER, asked or approached to ask anything about me. Just closed answers. Another sign of lack of interest.
In the past I used to be very desperate and would beg for her attention.

But later, I moved on. Eventually. And decided to not waste energy in pursuing women or relationships and rather spending it on well being and social service. And that is what I have been doing for quite a few years now.
At best, I would tell women how I feel about them. But not ask them out. That too, a couple of them.

Part 2:

I still had her on my social media. But recently, I stopped spending time on social media, and thus stopped seeing her posts.

I noticed something strange. I wouldn't look at her stories. Every time I showed activity but not look at her stories, she'd delete them. And post again.
I still didn't indulge.
So she added me to her 'close friends' list. (I knew she had that list long before but I wasn't a part of it.)

I still didn't open her stories since I would only look at artwork and engineering pages.
But she still did the same.

Once I was in the DMs, I saw her "typing...". That lasted for quite a while but I got no message.

A few days later, suddenly, she hits me up out of the blues. Asking, "Do you know Javascript?"

_________

Part 3:

Now here's the catch. I am in NO WAY, related to coding. Like, even remotely. And she knows that very well.
And also, she is a computer major. Also, she lives in the US now, far away from me, and most likely has a circle of people that would help her out.
Or the internet.
Or books.
Or forums.
Or her professors.

But me? And coding?

Seeing no response, she messages again: "I am having trouble in (xyz) of Javascript. So thought maybe ask someone who might know."

I know her very well. And it is not about coding.

Most likely, if I respond, she'll attempt to drag me back to the old ways. But I am really curious as to what she is up to.

What could her intentions be?
What is she up to?
Does she want attention?

I couldn't tell you what her true intentions are.
But I think life is really great at bringing people back when you've moved on from them. And usually within a few messages, you can tell intent.

Its great that you have had growth in your own life enough to move on from that.

You don't need to give her attention. If you do respond to her, keep it short and to the point. If she wants more than just help with coding then that will be made clear in her responses. Good luck man.

Just sender her this:

iu

Latest posts

Back