Talking but not in a relationship.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javiermen

Reaction score
I was in a relationship with her for 2 months, but have known her for 3 years. come to find out she is still not over her ex. After a deep conversation with her she pretty much said she liked me and wanted to be with me, but it would take time.Is this a good sign or a bad sign? in her passed relationships she has always been cheated on. So now she has her guard up and is afraid to get into another relationship and get hurt again. I really do like her so i said ill wait. i have to pay for what other people have done to her. we text each other almost every day, go out from time to time.( Not in a relationship). this has been going on for about a month. Her birthday is coming up. Would it be weird if I got her something? Nothing extravagant. But then again if I don't get her something would that be seen as a bad sign that I don't care or along those lines.

Any comments, thoughts, and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well you are obviously close, so no, whats wrong with a present? I get presents for friends I'm not dating!

It looks like you do need to take things slow, but it could also be good for you as well, if she's not 100% over her ex, I'm sure you'd prefer her total commitment as well.

So just relax and show her you are not like the others and in time I'm sure she will realise it.

Good luck!

A small, well thought out present and a nice card would be fine. I think it is a good sign that she said to you that she wants to be with you but that it would take time. She clearly trusts you a fair bit to admit this to you. Take it nice and slow and hopefully one day she will see that you are different from the others.

Edward W said:
Well you are obviously close, so no, whats wrong with a present? I get presents for friends I'm not dating!

It looks like you do need to take things slow, but it could also be good for you as well, if she's not 100% over her ex, I'm sure you'd prefer her total commitment as well.

So just relax and show her you are not like the others and in time I'm sure she will realise it.

Good luck!
Yeah true I would want a 100 commitment to me.

Latest posts

Back