Tell some exciting things that have happened in your lonely life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote a complete walkthrough for a not-very-well-known video game by a Belgian developer, and not only won FAQ of the Month on a site I go to (with a monetary reward), but also received public praise from the owner of the company himself on Facebook for the quality of the guide.

OK we can't have just one person reactivating this old thread so here goes....my exciting thing in a lonely life: I bought a new washing machine 2 days ago! A high efficiency, low water usage model with digitized controls and no agitator to twist the clothes around! It is so cool!

constant stranger said:
OK we can't have just one person reactivating this old thread so here goes....my exciting thing in a lonely life: I bought a new washing machine 2 days ago! A high efficiency, low water usage model with digitized controls and no agitator to twist the clothes around! It is so cool!
The number of times I've spent a good 5 minutes undoing a pair of underwear expertly twisted around the agitator in perfect form so as to maximize the removal effort needed...

Hmm. After only a couple of weeks on the new job, I've designed gift cards that will appear in our 14 outlets all over the country...now the customers only have to like them as much as the CEO did.

I went to view a large, many-bedroomed house and am thinking about making an offer on it.

Here is my exciting news.... I have Finally learned the right sewing hand stitch to hem my pants. I no longer have to take any of my pants to the tailor anymore!!!! I am sooooo short and NOTHING ever fits.... It feels pretty good to be able to hem on my own now!

Danielle said:
I once won a pitcher of beer for friends and myself at a bar because I entered a lip syncing contest and knew all the words to "It's the End of The world" by R.E.M I was the only one in the whole place that knew it all!

silly i know....

Lip syncing contest, lol.

9006 said:
Danielle said:
I once won a pitcher of beer for friends and myself at a bar because I entered a lip syncing contest and knew all the words to "It's the End of The world" by R.E.M I was the only one in the whole place that knew it all!

silly i know....

Lip syncing contest, lol.

Hahhahaha! I know... how silly. It's still one of my shining moments though! :)

Ive done lots of exiting stuff.

I've been skinny dipping in many pools, pretty much everytime I go on a vacation I get naked in the pool lol. I also ran around a banff hotel naked, been bike riding in my undies too. Drove home butt ass naked one time, just because.

Wreckless exiting, well not really a smart thing but one time me and my ex were out late and my mom called fuming wanting me home, it was like 3 am and I was on the other end of the city. My bf drove a supra, so he pretty much broke every driving law imaginable, got there in 15 mins. Another time he was ripping down an empty highway while we were on vacation and I supermanned it out the sun roof.

I've been bungee jumping, cliff jumping and rock climbing. Snowboarding down a double black, some spots will get your adrenaline pumping. I've snuck into sky scrapers and climbed to the top while they're being constructed. I've gone on solo vacations which is a combination of scary exciting. One time me and a friend just got on a plane and left, decided to leave on the spot. We almost didn't get a hotel, but it all worked out. We ended up staying in an amazing waterfront hotel with ocean view.

This is prob only exiting if you're a fisherman like me, but catching a monster trout is so exiting. I catch atleast one monster a season and then I don't shut up about it for a while.

I moved to a different continent.
I learned electronics off the internet. Now I build my own robots for fun.
I designed and built a CNC.
I wrote a library for a microcontroller family that I share for free online.
Couldn't have done any of these with a busy social life :D

lonelypanda said:
Snowboarding down a double black, some spots will get your adrenaline pumping.

I skied down a double black once. It was really scary and I don't know what possessed me to do it. I guess I didn't want to be the one who chickened out. The hill was nice for a while, but then took a sharp drop and there were little hills all over. There were people who had crashed all over the place, and I had to dodge them all the way down. For some reason, for that one time I had superhuman agility. I was just determined not to wipe out.

It gets even scarier. The bottom of the hill wasn't even finished yet, I don't know if we were supposed to be on that hill either. You had to make a hairpin turn on to a fairly narrow path at the bottom of the hill to get back to the ski lift. This was my first ski trip too, so I wasn't very good at stopping or anything. I was flying down the hill, and I just knew I had to make the turn because if I didn't, I would have smashed right into a Jeep that was parked at the base of the hill, and would have at least hurt myself very badly if not worse. I must have been extremely focused because I made the turn, and was still flying once I reached the bottom of the hill. Either I got really lucky, or I just poured everything I had into surviving, because there was simply no other choice. It makes me wonder if it was one of those things where we can magically unlock extreme emergency abilities when we're in situations where we need to do more than we think we're capable of, in order to survive.

lonelypanda said:
Another time he was ripping down an empty highway while we were on vacation and I supermanned it out the sun roof.

Do you mean you grabbed on to the roof and were holding on to the car for dear life, which was going so fast you were horizontal? Man, that sounds really scary!

As for me, my most exciting things I've done, I'd say, were the time I went whitewater rafting, and the time a band asked me to sing a song with them onstage. I was at a bar downtown and the guitarist of the band noticed I was wearing my Operation Ivy sweater and asked me to sing the song "Knowledge" with them. At first I thought it was a joke, but sure enough, four songs in to their set, the guy called my name and invited me up to the stage to sing. I may have been so awestruck that I forgot the lyrics!

TheSkaFish said:
I skied down a double black once. It was really scary and I don't know what possessed me to do it. I guess I didn't want to be the one who chickened out. The hill was nice for a while, but then took a sharp drop and there were little hills all over. There were people who had crashed all over the place, and I had to dodge them all the way down. For some reason, for that one time I had superhuman agility. I was just determined not to wipe out.

It gets even scarier. The bottom of the hill wasn't even finished yet, I don't know if we were supposed to be on that hill either. You had to make a hairpin turn on to a fairly narrow path at the bottom of the hill to get back to the ski lift. This was my first ski trip too, so I wasn't very good at stopping or anything. I was flying down the hill, and I just knew I had to make the turn because if I didn't, I would have smashed right into a Jeep that was parked at the base of the hill, and would have at least hurt myself very badly if not worse. I must have been extremely focused because I made the turn, and was still flying once I reached the bottom of the hill. Either I got really lucky, or I just poured everything I had into surviving, because there was simply no other choice. It makes me wonder if it was one of those things where we can magically unlock extreme emergency abilities when we're in situations where we need to do more than we think we're capable of, in order to survive.

Fear skill, it's a thing lol I think I'm the opposite. I snowboard difficult courses like that because I'm stubborn. There was one time me, my friend and her bf went out to sunshine. We hit a spot that was a straight drop down, prob like 50 ft. You had to hit these small rivets along the side in order not to plummet down. I've always had a strange motto I tell myself sometimes. "Don't think, just do". If you sit there analyzing and over thinking you'll pych yourself out. I made it out just fine, I only ever have bad wipe outs when I did start to get scared or over think what I was doing. If i just relax and focus it comes naturally.

TheSkaFish said:
Do you mean you grabbed on to the roof and were holding on to the car for dear life, which was going so fast you were horizontal? Man, that sounds really scary!

No, it was a rental suv with a big sun roof. I climbed out the sunroof past my hips. Only my legs were in the vehicle, I was leaning forward with my hands out like super man. It was fun, I legit felt like superman.

TheSkaFish said:
As for me, my most exciting things I've done, I'd say, were the time I went whitewater rafting, and the time a band asked me to sing a song with them onstage. I was at a bar downtown and the guitarist of the band noticed I was wearing my Operation Ivy sweater and asked me to sing the song "Knowledge" with them. At first I thought it was a joke, but sure enough, four songs in to their set, the guy called my name and invited me up to the stage to sing. I may have been so awestruck that I forgot the lyrics!

Oh god I would choke, but that would be so much fun. Closest I came to singing on stage was at a bury your dead concert. He put the mic forward for anyone to sing a piece of the song. Everyone jumped in to try and go for the mic, I climbed these mother *******, on top of their heads and swiped the mic. Epic concert moment.

ok, I was like 23, 24, I had just moved to Paris, and found this little one room apartment, first floor backyard just above a chinese restaurant (NOT charming). I had left my bags in the middle of the room and went out to celebrate with some people, then I go back to the apartment around midnight and the room is SWARMED with cockroaches! I mean, whole families! I just lock the door back and go around the area to see if they have a room for me to sleep in. One nice hotel, no rooms. Another one, nothing and I was getting really tired.The next one looked really dodgy with some red lights in the window, and some tired looked middle aged blondes in the hall (that should have clued me, but I was very naive). I ask for a room for one person, the guy at the reception checks me out from head to feet and says "ahah, sure, one person". I insist that it's only for one person and that I have cockroaches in the house, and he goes again "ahah, suuuure, cockroaches". Anyway he gives the key and I go but don't really sleep because all night there are steps along the corridors and whispering, and twice they came to bang on my door! Anyway, I went out in the morning unharmed, and even managed to dump the ugly apartment to some student freshly arrived from Senegal who said he didn't mind a couple of cockroaches, but whom I met again some time later and looked very offended because he also had rats (!).

Rodent said:
Hmm. After only a couple of weeks on the new job, I've designed gift cards that will appear in our 14 outlets all over the country...now the customers only have to like them as much as the CEO did.

congrats Rodent! I am very happy for you, and almost a little proud...

lonelypanda said:
I've always had a strange motto I tell myself sometimes. "Don't think, just do". If you sit there analyzing and over thinking you'll pych yourself out. I made it out just fine, I only ever have bad wipe outs when I did start to get scared or over think what I was doing. If i just relax and focus it comes naturally.

Haha you're going all Yoda on me :p

I really need to take a leaf out of your book though. Sitting there analyzing and over-thinking has been the story of my life, and consequently, I've spent a lot of time psyching myself out. I need to remember to just relax more.

TheSkaFish said:
Haha you're going all Yoda on me :p

Nothing wrong with that, there is. :D
TheSkaFish said:
I really need to take a leaf out of your book though. Sitting there analyzing and over-thinking has been the story of my life, and consequently, I've spent a lot of time psyching myself out. I need to remember to just relax more.

You gotta cut yourself off before it happens. When I went bungee jumping I looked down and was like o_O I started to feel that little panic, then I just said my little motto, stepped back and took a running jump. Honestly, it feels like you're killing yourself until you feel the cord start to sretch and catch your weight. I wanted to keep the pictures, but the stupid teenager only got one clear shot, and that was of my ass. The fear face I had would have been a funny keeper, looked pretty funny blurry, but not worth the buy. I think I'd be more scared now knowing what it feels like. I still want to go skydiving though, hehe.

Hmm, exciting things that happened in my life?
Well, even though most people would probably look at my life and think it's relatively unexciting so far, I personally look at every day as a new adventure. That, alone, is exciting enough for me.

Although I probably have a few interesting stories to tell I would actually rather not dwell on the past or come up with some anecdotes just for amusement. My life isn't a slideshow and I am by no means finished with it, yet.

LonesomeDay said:
The offer I made on the house - it was accepted!

Oh wow ! That is exiting ! I'm saving for a house right now, won't be a while till that happens for me. Congrats, I'm excited for you! :D

Latest posts

Back