Terrifying moments...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably the night i saw my angry dead sister hovering over my bed. weird thing is she's not dead yet.

MY most terrifying moment.. Hmm..

I think back and I been in some scary situations that I thought wernt scary at the time. Now I see they were really dangerous and I should of been scared.

But I face fear everyday, thanks to social anxiety..

Oh wait.. heretostay reminded me of an experience. I might of been 14. I was sleeping then was woke by my bed shaking furiously. This scared me too death. Im not sure if it was a dream, but it was so real.

Ok, this is gonna sounds stupid, but one night I was sitting on my deck, and it was dark out. Well, this big, unmarked white van drove by and threw something out the window. All I heard was a big bang after seeing someone raise their arm. My heart literally skipped a beat, and I thought I was dead. I though to myself; "Is this heaven?? If it is heaven sucks." Come to find out, the big gang was just a newspaper landing on our driveway :D who the fresia throws out newpapers at 10 p.m?? Really?

hmm

like when i was little and we went on the alien invasion ride at Disney world
( i thought i was going to eaten :( )

or one night i woke up and i was like still in rem sleep so of course i couldn't move or scream

i just felt so disoriented and i thought a serial killer was coming into my room and i couldn't even get out of the bed to run adn try to escape

aah, so many..

when i was about 9/10yrs old, my brother and i and a friend of ours would go down to the river in an area of abandoned factories and jump off of old decayed wharfs into the local river. despite my fears of sharks, stinging jelly fish, the wharf crumbling and killing us all and catching a rare bacterial infection from the polluted water, it was pretty good fun.

towards the end of the day we were joined by a group of unsavoury nieghbourhood louts that lined us up at the egde of a particular part of the wharf where if you jumped from this area you would hit the wood and steel of the supports below and not the water. we were held mere inches from possible instant death if not severe injury whilst they terrorised us with a lovely little knife one of them was brandishing.

when the knife-man came up to me i was too numb with fear to be able to empty my bowels in the appropriate fashion a situation like that would call for. i said nothing, i just stood there thinking i am going to die. my brother was silent too and i expect feeling pretty much like i was. but our friend was a bit more fearless and was cheeky to them, i cant remember what he said but the guy with the knife held it up to his neck. chris (our friend) then managed to have the nous to stop talking.

they had us there for about 10/15 minutes from memory, but it felt like hours to me.

scary.

**** p2p

that's loads more terrifying than whatever i've got

that's terrible that people would do that

for many people the feeling of power over others and control is a lot to make them do really mean honeysuckle without even thinking about what they are really doing

man i sure am glad you didn't get hurt

yeah, it could have been worse, i figure they were just getting off on the power otherwise i would be missing an ear or something worse.

i grew up in a rough neighbourhood and i am quite delicate so 'manly' men scare the hell outta me and i wouldnt hesitate in cleansing the world of their rough-n-tough asses, but unfortunately i am not a ninja.

just the other week i was going to my car at night and there was a guy that looked like he was in the mood to chew someone's face off. saw me glance at him as i was about to open my car door and yelled, "what the fresia you lookin' at mothafucka!" and started to walk towards me..

within a second i realised he wasnt a travelling poet interested in discussing the nuances of william blake's rhyme scheme so i just put my hand up in dissarming gesture and said, "nothing" and did a quick 180 walking away from my car and away from him. then he says "Oi, come here!".

i ran.

did a loop of my apartment complex and back to my car (had to go to work). i could hear him yelling in the distance.

hard to keep your faith in humanity alive with this sort of honeysuckle.

When I was being wheeled into the delivery room for the c-section for my son's delivery, I was going into shock from massive blood loss. When the anesthesiologist tried to put the mask over my face, it felt as though my throat was closing up so I fought them tooth and nail. I was absolutely positive that if I let them knock me out I would die.

My visual field was filled with black spots (they said it was from shock) and I thought that the ragged edges of darkness looked like a black cloak. Grim Reaperish, right? Freaky and terrifying. I felt blackness roaring in on all sides. It's upsetting even recalling this in detail so I can write about it here now, 8 years later.

It was 100% animal instinct, but I swear I tasted mortal fear, it was almost as though Death were in the room and I could smell it.

As it turned out, my son did die despite the crash c-section, so maybe there is some truth to the idea of animals' sensing a mortal situation.

One of the doctors I've seen since then thinks that my "problems" since then stem from PTSD from this event.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
just the other week i was going to my car at night and there was a guy that looked like he was in the mood to chew someone's face off. saw me glance at him as i was about to open my car door and yelled, "what the fresia you lookin' at mothafucka!" and started to walk towards me..

Yet another case for gun rights.

Go ahead there, Juan, pull that knife out. Walk toward me as intimidating as you can be and spit those racial slurs. Bring your friends.

What's that? Did I hear you change your tune with a .45 levelled at ya? That's what I thought. Now go bug someone else, or die where you stand.

See, in that situation I wouldn't feel bad in the least for killing one of them. Because I was done being walked on when I was done with highschool, and it's either me or them. Gang banger sacks of honeysuckle. There should be a bounty on the head of any gang member...I got your economic stimulus right here...

Anyway.

I've had a few moments that've been terrifying in different ways. I've felt abject fear waking up from certain dreams in the middle of the night. I've felt absolute dread in regard to certain situations I've had to anticipate (tests, threats to my employment, lots of stuff), and of course work has provided some scary situations in a couple of my jobs. But I think the most outright terror I've felt was waking up in the middle of the night with sweat pouring and heart racing. Even though there was nothing to really be afraid of.

I almost hit a pedestrian with my truck once. She was crossing a street as I was turning off the highway. The angle of my turn combined with her pace kept her obscured in a blind spot my truck has, and I didn't see her until the last instant. I missed her by about a foot. I don't think she even knew I was there.

The "what if" of that moment haunts me.

I almost drowned an got swept away in a river as a child.
The momonet my mother left me when I was only 5 years.
My father used to bash my head againt wall every other week.
A bouch of kids ganged up on me and beat me becuase I wasn't the same.
I rolled my truck in HS.
When Andrea died it rip me a new ass-hole.
I crashed my car into a store.
I've been shot at.
I've been mugged. A 9" blade was put to my throat.
The day I got sober and stayed sober was madness.
I was in a very bad accident and was hospitalize for over a month.
The day my ex-wf filed for a diviorced. I went fucken crazy.
I spent a month in a psych ward. I spent a couple of weeks in the rubber room. I felt like a lunatic.
A semi truck I was driving almost jackknife, I also honeysuckle in my pants.
Adults tried to hurted me and kill me just because my skin was different. It made my skin crawled.
I fell 20 feet from a a boil I was working on..That totally fucken hurted.
When my children died it brought me down to my knees. It ripped my fucken heart out.
Losing Sherry devisated me. I love her very much.

When Jenni died.I fucken snapped. I'm not sure why.
It was shear terror. Something shattered and finally broke me.
Maybe is was the first time in my life I had actaully given up and lost all hope.

Oh my god LonesomeCrow. I am so sorry that you had to be put through all that honeysuckle man! :( I'm almost crying right now. I mean, I thought my life sucked, now I realize how much of an ******* I was for thinking that. I could never even begin to even try to feel the way you must have felt during those things. I don't know if you believe in God, but even if you don't, I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Thanks for caring Fluff...
Thanks for your prayers too.

Someone needs to pray for me ..cuz I don't :p

Don't feel bad for me, man
There's people that's lived through a lot worst than I have.

thanks Evanrscencefan...Huggies to you 2.

Don't feel bad...I doing much better now.
You all love me and care about me...I know that.
Thank you

Lonesome Crow said:
When my children died it brought me down to my knees. It ripped my fucken heart out.

This feeling I know. I'm sorry that you know it too. :(

cheaptrickfan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Oh wow..I'm sorry you have to experince that too, Cheaptrickfan.
*hugs*

Please don't feel bad for me. Alot of people here helped me
get through whatever it was I had to get through and healed.
I feel much better and doing much better today.

Lonesome Crow said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Oh wow..I'm sorry you have to experince that too, Cheaptrickfan.
*hugs*

Please don't feel bad for me. Alot of people here helped me
get through whatever it was I had to get through and healed.
I feel much better and doing much better today.

Time and the support of other people help.

i lost something that wasnt mine when i was young. i knew about death and things ending. when you throw something away, its gone... when someone dies... theyre gone... but i guess feeling responsible for losing something made me realize how things end. ive been in car accidents, and ive been hurt. ive recovered though. never really felt right about losing that thing though, since it was never found.

Latest posts

Back