Terrorism - Immigration Forms

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesusGirl1

Reaction score
Do you think for the protection of the U.S. we should require the "race" of a person on the form? This is not a stupid question. Our entire country is built, I'm going to say on 80 percent immigrants (we're the last country to settle in the whole world).
Should it be on our driver's licenses? When you go to a restaurant do you want to know the description of the food? How do you that? When you say the words Mexican Restaurant are you describing the culture or the race? How else to you describe it?

Do you think that medically there are difference to watch out of in different cultures?
a friend of mine who is an md, says yes, very much so. My accupuncturist describes different cultures and uses the words american and chinese often. he says on the whole, the american men (he was very specific) have a different acting meridian system than the chinese men. Was he racist to say that? When you get chinese food do you just say you are going to a restaurant or do you say the word Chinese. America would be pretty boring if it were just McDonald's everywhere. I like McDonald's new menu's with smoothies but if it were the only restaurant I'd get just a little bored.

Do you think we should let anyone in from anywhere or as the world grows and all the countries we've help, get them to start building their own democratic (if that is the right type of gov) society and begin to build their own strengths?

Personally JG1, I believe you could bring some interesting topics and discussions to the table for those who consider the possiblility of conspiracy theories, metaphysics, ufos, ect.

However, almost every single post has something do to with race in it and the ignore feature is about to be used even though you may have interesting topics.

Are you aware that there are people from ALL OVER THE WORLD on this forum? It ain't just America. And might I also add that this country was "started" by people that immigrated here? Unless you are Native American you are also an immigrant.
I see you still haven't touched my statement about race in your other thread, so as this applies to the same, what is your problem with people of different races? They aren't any **** different than you are.

Also, this is a LONELY forum, not a "let's talk about races and immigration and america, i hate the british" forum. Just saying

its my fault
i didnt do the wishng thng well enuff
mahaha
:rolleyes:

There are already immigration quotas except for immediate family. Concerns of national security are already put into consideration for green cards, and citizenship; classifying people by race is also part of the census, as an optional segment. I'm not sure what you're looking for, except a certain suggestion that immigrations evidently degrade the democratic process. While an interesting scapegoat, this does not appear to have any real relevance.

Securing the borders against undocumented immigration, on the other hand, is a real and valid concern.

A lot of us in America are so mixed that it's hard to single out a race that we could neatly fit into.

Callie said:
Are you aware that there are people from ALL OVER THE WORLD on this forum? It ain't just America. And might I also add that this country was "started" by people that immigrated here? Unless you are Native American you are also an immigrant.

This is not true. Regardless of where your family came from, if you were born on American soil then you are a native, not an immigrant. It really pisses me off when people tell me that I am an immigrant in my own country.

Callie said:
I see you still haven't touched my statement about race in your other thread, so as this applies to the same, what is your problem with people of different races? They aren't any **** different than you are.

Also, this is a LONELY forum, not a "let's talk about races and immigration and america, i hate the british" forum. Just saying

What's your thoughts about companies who outsource American jobs to india lowering the value of tech support for example of that $1500 dollar computer.
I worked in IT for 22 years. around 2000 Bush pushed outsourcing. It literally lowered the product value of the 3 million dollar servers we bought because we now
had support that could not speak english or knew the products (hp had outsourced and their services went straight down, lost value and customers). We had high end servers and for years, support basesd out of Atlanta..they called it the hp backline and they were phenomenal sr. tech's. Well, 1 day I call, because we had 4 hr response time that we were paying hp $5000 a month for immediate up time and I get an indian person who can't speak english, we have $250,000 of material sitting on our dock, t1 lines on hp switches went down. Do you know the agony of that day for our company because I had a person who couldn't speak english? Granted, it wasn't completely the indian persons fault, they were only doing what they were paid very little to do (devaluing our $5000 a month service contract). After several go arounds with managers at hp I finally got the old tried and true sr guys back in atlanta who were just as frustrated with hp's outsourcing. So, can you tell me how, without using the word "Indian" I am suppose to speak of that pain in the work force? I had to speak to the duty managers at hp that the guy from India could not speak english......is that racism? do you know Carly Fiorina of hp spent $30 mil on 2 jets, outsourced 10,000 american jobs to india...she is no longer there. is this racism? I'm all for outsourcing as long as the person they higher is of equal caliber and getting paid the same benefits as the american if the indian person is truly better for the job which was not the case (it was as if the labor laws we worked so hard for for 50 years all of a sudden went back to 1950).

you know at FoxConn, Steve Jobs who outsourced jobs to there for apple, 17 suicides because they paid them so little money in factories for apple.

far b it 4 ME 2 say
Lmao
but the English in this ^ post is so poor
how could any1 criticize anothr 4 nt speakng English?
when they cant evn speak it themselves!

:club:

o honeysuckle >> honeysuckle >> honeysuckle
i just fed a troll
LoL

JesusGirl1 said:
Callie said:

What's your thoughts about companies who outsource American jobs to india lowering the value of tech support for example of that $1500 dollar computer.
I worked in IT for 22 years. around 2000 Bush pushed outsourcing. It literally lowered the product value of the 3 million dollar servers we bought because we now
had support that could not speak english or knew the products (hp had outsourced and their services went straight down, lost value and customers). We had high end servers and for years, support basesd out of Atlanta..they called it the hp backline and they were phenomenal sr. tech's. Well, 1 day I call, because we had 4 hr response time that we were paying hp $5000 a month for immediate up time and I get an indian person who can't speak english, we have $250,000 of material sitting on our dock, t1 lines on hp switches went down. Do you know the agony of that day for our company because I had a person who couldn't speak english? Granted, it wasn't completely the indian persons fault, they were only doing what they were paid very little to do (devaluing our $5000 a month service contract). After several go arounds with managers at hp I finally got the old tried and true sr guys back in atlanta who were just as frustrated with hp's outsourcing. So, can you tell me how, without using the word "Indian" I am suppose to speak of that pain in the work force? I had to speak to the duty managers at hp that the guy from India could not speak english......is that racism? do you know Carly Fiorina of hp spent $30 mil on 2 jets, outsourced 10,000 american jobs to india...she is no longer there. is this racism? I'm all for outsourcing as long as the person they higher is of equal caliber and getting paid the same benefits as the american if the indian person is truly better for the job which was not the case (it was as if the labor laws we worked so hard for for 50 years all of a sudden went back to 1950).

you know at FoxConn, Steve Jobs who outsourced jobs to there for apple, 17 suicides because they paid them so little money in factories for apple.

I'll have to repeat myself I guess.... WHY the hell do you have an issue with race??????? WHY the hell does race have anything to do with anything?

And yeah, I can't read a **** ******* word of that, get some structure and use English and maybe I'll consider reading it. M'kay, thanks.

Chasm said:
far b it 4 ME 2 say
Lmao
but the English in this ^ post is so poor
how could any1 criticize anothr 4 nt speakng English?
when they cant evn speak it themselves!

:club:

o honeysuckle >> honeysuckle >> honeysuckle
i just fed a troll
LoL

Sorry, can someone translate this into ENGLISH for me? :rolleyes:

JesusGirl1 said:
I'm all for outsourcing as long as the person they higher is of equal caliber and getting paid the same benefits as the american if the indian person is truly better for the job which was not the case (it was as if the labor laws we worked so hard for for 50 years all of a sudden went back to 1950).

Why?

I manage a partially outsourced account. If the product is functionally the same value for the corporation for less pay, this differential creates a larger profit. Right now, most of our foreign employees make less than $13k annually per year and are often without degrees, and certainly their productivity might be less than someone educated in the US.

However, would someone in the US that costs $40k annually be ultimately more productive than three people who cost $13k? No. Hewlett Packard is my company's competitor and their sourcing has been a consistent method of profit for them, as well as the heart of their IT support business.

And the implicit racism behind it is hilarious. I'm 'foreign' by some standards; I'm Chinese-born, working in a Japanese corporation with a branch in the US. Should they be bitter about 'outsourcing' to the US? They're not.

JesusGirl1 said:

Again, if the liability from deaths does not exceed the profit, then it is not functionally a bad idea. As far as Foxconn goes, Apple did not have direct liability therefore it did not suffer from a financial backlash.

I really dislike people who seem to protest any change for efficiency, because frankly, they ultimately tend to help more people. Improved farming techniques, for example, have placed a lot of people out of jobs; machines have replaced people, and Foxconn is actively replacing its employees with more automated processes.

Does it deprive many people of employment? Sure. Does it, however, improve overall thoroughput and thus the actual 'wealth' of society? Yes. As such, progress is to be encouraged.

Latest posts

Back