The Five Laws Of Stupidity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoxApex(N/A)

Reaction score
Do you like dark humor? Do you need a laugh?
Have a coffee, sit down with this.
The Five Laws Of Stupidity is half comedy, half deadly serious.

I knew a psychologist, who was a PhD, and is now a professor; but, he started school on the short-bus because the school system thought he was mentally retarded when he was a child.

High intelligence is often confused for stupidity...

I knew a psychologist, who was a PhD, and is now a professor; but, he started school on the short-bus because the school system thought he was mentally retarded when he was a child.

High intelligence is often confused for stupidity...

"Men are born ignorant not stupid. They are made stupid by education"
Bertrand Russell

Both of these things are attributable to the difference between learning from text and learning from experience. This is the education conundrum that we're all familiar with. Person gets out of Grad School, goes to look for Field work, gets asked "where's your field experience?" And gradually, painstakingly finds out they're no different than the rookie 18 year old kid at their first job. Ironically, the very situation they went to college to try to avoid.
Life has a funny way of clunking us over the head. That, my dear fellow friends, is a clunk over the head.

Both of these things are attributable to the difference between learning from text and learning from experience. This is the education conundrum that we're all familiar with. Person gets out of Grad School, goes to look for Field work, gets asked "where's your field experience?" And gradually, painstakingly finds out they're no different than the rookie 18 year old kid at their first job. Ironically, the very situation they went to college to try to avoid.
Life has a funny way of clunking us over the head. That, my dear fellow friends, is a clunk over the head.
well Bertrand Russell was a mathematician, probably the only field of pure theory

well Bertrand Russell was a mathematician, probably the only field of pure theory

Math can be fun. It just depends on what math and why and how a person fashions it to their hobbies and interests. All of the academics are like that. I'm a college dropout. 🤷‍♂️ We're all students of life though, that never changes.

Latest posts

Back