The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr X

Reaction score
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".
Is it true?

Scenario's

Somebody who is lonely, with no friends, sees somebody walk over the streets with another person - laughing. He will think his life is better.

The person that was walking with his friend on the road - laughing, has a few friends. He envies another friend that has alot more friends and is who is popular in school.

The popular guy envies the one person that has the cutest girl in the world as his girlfriend.

Somebody who is bored all the time, sees photo's of somebody at facebook doing interesting things. He'll think the person on facebook is much more interesting than his.

The person with the interesting pictures on facebook, actually is a wanna be superstar but actually is kinda lonely and only once a year goes on a holiday where he makes 1000 photo's to put on facebook. Eventhough he laughs on his photo's, he is sad..

Somebody who has friends, wealth and a girlfriend, envies justin bieber because he is popular in whole the world and has even more wealth.

Justin bieber may envy a normal school boy because he aint so busy as he is.

People don't know what they want. Somebody who has everything they thought that would make them happy, can still envy other people for what they have, even though those things are no better than what you have..

Why is it so hard to accept what you have and be happy? I don't know as I can't even accept it myself. I realised it all starts with youself.

Sometimes, the grass probably is greener on the other side of the fence. I walk alone and you walk with your friends, girlfriend and family. All I got to do is accept it and do my best to achieve the things I want in life, before it's to late.

Any opinions on this? I'll be glad to hear.

I know this thread isn't directly about lineliness, but I'm sure it has to do with it.

It's because people are focused on what they COULD have, rather than what they already have.

It's why all rich people do is try to get richer.

Mr X said:
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".
Is it true?

Scenario's

Somebody who is lonely, with no friends, sees somebody walk over the streets with another person - laughing. He will think his life is better.

The person that was walking with his friend on the road - laughing, has a few friends. He envies another friend that has alot more friends and is who is popular in school.

The popular guy envies the one person that has the cutest girl in the world as his girlfriend.

Somebody who is bored all the time, sees photo's of somebody at facebook doing interesting things. He'll think the person on facebook is much more interesting than his.

The person with the interesting pictures on facebook, actually is a wanna be superstar but actually is kinda lonely and only once a year goes on a holiday where he makes 1000 photo's to put on facebook. Eventhough he laughs on his photo's, he is sad..

Somebody who has friends, wealth and a girlfriend, envies justin bieber because he is popular in whole the world and has even more wealth.

Justin bieber may envy a normal school boy because he aint so busy as he is.

People don't know what they want. Somebody who has everything they thought that would make them happy, can still envy other people for what they have, even though those things are no better than what you have..

Why is it so hard to accept what you have and be happy? I don't know as I can't even accept it myself. I realised it all starts with youself.

Sometimes, the grass probably is greener on the other side of the fence. I walk alone and you walk with your friends, girlfriend and family. All I got to do is accept it and do my best to achieve the things I want in life, before it's to late.

Any opinions on this? I'll be glad to hear.

I know this thread isn't directly about lineliness, but I'm sure it has to do with it.

it's a good post. I accept my life now.

Mr X said:
duff said:
lol, sarcasm ftw I guess

not at all.

I don't give a fresia about girlfriends or friends anymore. Things that used to make me unhappy.

Limlim said:
I don't think anyone envies Justin Bieber.
True that.. but hey, he can get anything he wants though :rolleyes:

duff said:
Mr X said:
duff said:
lol, sarcasm ftw I guess

not at all.

I don't give a fresia about girlfriends or friends anymore. Things that used to make me unhappy.
well, to be honest, I try not to care either, but it is hard..

Mr X said:
Limlim said:
I don't think anyone envies Justin Bieber.
True that.. but hey, he can get anything he wants though :rolleyes:

duff said:
Mr X said:
duff said:
lol, sarcasm ftw I guess

not at all.

well, to be honest, I try not to care either, but it is hard..

I'm probably alot older than you. It does get easier. I have lots of interests as well that occupy my time.

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

all i can respond with is that "people in relationships sees happy singles, and single people see happy relationships."

as stated by some, people tend to focus on what they don't/could have and not what they actually have. So is it greener on the other side? usually not.

Regumika said:
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

all i can respond with is that "people in relationships sees happy singles, and single people see happy relationships."

as stated by some, people tend to focus on what they don't/could have and not what they actually have. So is it greener on the other side? usually not.

so true

The fox who longed for grapes, beholds with pain
The tempting clusters were too high to gain;
Grieved in his heart he forced a careless smile,
And cried ,‘They’re sharp and hardly worth my while.
-Aesop

Reminds me of some quote or other I heard about always chasing happiness in the distance instead of cultivating it where you are.

Latest posts

Back