The Introvert Advantage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where is the advantage? Are people so consistent that they're always drained or always energized by being alone or being around other people? People change, circumstances change. Why try to pin it down? The more we accept it the more we become prisoners of our own conclusions. This person is this, that person is that, and I tend to be this. Sounds pretty robotic to me. Makes me feel trapped. Luckily I have an escape plan:

Nights in white satin, never reaching the end,
Letters I've written, never meaning to send.
Beauty I've always missed, with these eyes before.
Just what the truth is, I can't say anymore.

Gazing at people, some hand in hand,
Just what I'm going through they can't understand.

Some try to tell me, thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be, you will be in the end.

[video=youtube]

I understand the problems that being introverted creates, but the point of the post was to make people understand that being introverted can be something that you are born with. It doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you. People that are introverts tend to get a long with other introverts. Lack of social skills can be a problem, but introverts learn them differently. Introverts learn social skills better with other introverts.

For the longest time I thought their was something wrong with me! Now I know this is just my personality, but social skills is still something I have to improve.

Basically the book goes into how introverts can find people with shared chemistry and be happy. Some introverted people just can't function in a crowded situation or interact with a lot of people especially if they are strangers or wild extroverts. Its hard wired in them. Extroverted ppl can be a turn off for a lot of introverted ppl. I know that I am not comfortable around super hyper ppl.

Do you find your self zoned out when your in a group of people? or It takes you a while to think of something to say while interacting with someone? This is all traits of introverted people compared to extroverted. It compares both and why introverts and extroverts act the way they do. Extroverts can usually think on their feet and talk a lot, where introverts take longer to think of what to say and talk less but when they do say things, usually its a more creative answer. It also goes into the difference between being shy and introverted. Explains shy introverts and shy extroverts.

Please read the book! Go to your local library and get it out! I was lucky to find it at a second hand store and its a great read!

The Introvert Advantage

sounds like the title for a "Big Bang Theory" episode!

Latest posts

Back