The Job Market....F UCK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whocares

Reaction score
So I'm 23 years old, graduated from a well known Big Ten University with a 3.448 GPA, have two internships under my belt, the last one was this past summer in Washington, DC. Also, about 3 weeks ago I had 2 interviews in NYC. Didn't get either one though.

NOW, I'm back home again in Indiana, broke, and feel like Sh!t. It seems like since I've moved back home no employers on the east coast will even take a look at me. I've only got about $400 to my name and I'm trying my hardest to get back out east to New York City but have no clue how I'm going to do it. fresia man.

Every time I hear back from a company in Boston, Philly, or New York they ask me the same thing "are you currently in the area of planning to move to the area?" To which I reply with "No, but if you decided to hire me I'd definitely move to the area". Then they drop off the face of the earth.

fresia man, I don't know how I'm gonna do this. It's depressing as fresia because I've been OUT There and now I'm BACK here in Indiana. I feel like I've taken 100 steps back. But there's only so much you can do with little $$$

fresia

Tell them you are planning to move to the area soon. Job hunting is the worst! It sucks. I've been there. Hang in there, things will get better with the market and things will work out for you. Is starting a business an option?

jales said:
Tell them you are planning to move to the area soon. Job hunting is the worst! It sucks. I've been there. Hang in there, things will get better with the market and things will work out for you. Is starting a business an option?

I don't think I'd be cut out for starting my own business. I get too stressed. I just feel like I've put in all the hard work and done the right things in order to get a good job by now. My mom told me how companies used to actually pay for people to come an interview with them. All I can say to that is LOL for christs sake

It does look like you'll have to look for work locally before you can go back to the East Coast. That does suck.

IgnoredOne said:
It does look like you'll have to look for work locally before you can go back to the East Coast. That does suck.

Not necessarily. The family I lived with while I interned in DC told me I could back whenever I wanted to stay for another 3-6 months. Perhaps If I found something that actually PAID out in washington, dc I would take them up on their offer because I could work and stay with them until I found a place to live. But yea, I don't see how I'd get to NYC without saving some money. FUUUUCK

Latest posts

Back