The start of a new beginning

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverVirile

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I’m usually long-winded (can’t help it), but I’ll try to shorten this puppy if I can. I don’t know why I’m here. Well, kinda, I do. I’m the type of person that loves alone time, but I’ve been lonely for a couple of years for now, in one regard. I’ll touch on that later in one of the subforums, because I really need to talk about it.

Anyway, because I’m fully anonymous here outside of having a username that everyone will identify me solely as, I can be straightforward about everything, right?

I’m a liar. Not a pathological or compulsive liar. But a liar in that I’ve been keeping a secret from my friends and family for over three years now. It will come to a head eventually and I want to rectify the situation, but it’s one huge, ongoing lie that I’ve been keeping up for a while, since about January 2010. It's been eating at me for so long that I wish I could go back in time and fix everything immediately, but obviously that's not possible. You can choose to look down on me for this. I have nothing to truly validate why I’ve been doing this, but of course I have my reasons even though I could have overcome them a long time ago.

I guess I’ll elaborate on the entire story later instead of spewing my life story all over the place, but in SHORT (brevity and I aren’t familiar, just foes), I graduated from high school in 2009 and began college that fall. I didn’t re-sign up for the spring semester in January 2010 and I haven’t gone since. However, I’ve been lying to my friends and family about it, giving them the idea that I’ve been going. Why? Again, I’ll elaborate in the future. I just needed to get that first part off my chest here. Not sure why I want to write about this, on this forum, but the community looks amazing, supportive, kind and friendly on here. So, why not?

About me: I’ll be 22 in a month. I just threw my username together, but I’m very interested in nutritional science and ways to manipulate (and optimize) hormones for the better through dietary and lifestyle factors (hence the word ‘virile’). I guess you can’t tell from the tone of my post, but I’m laid back. I know everything I’ve written so far is pretty stiff and callous, but I don’t mean to be. I have a horde of interests ranging from sports (NFL, MMA, NBA’s and MLB’s post-seasons) to reading to long conversations to traveling to cooking to fragrances to gaming. I’ve had very noticeable gray hair since I was 16 and it’s extremely noticeable now. (I call ‘em wisdom whiskers!)

I’m glad to be here. What I told you about (above, you know), I’m going to fix over the course of next year. Consider my New Years Resolutions become, uh, my August 13, 2013 “let’s start here!” resolutions.

I’m looking forward to meeting people on here!

Welcome.

I haven't seen your other posts yet, but that sounds like a pretty big mess to unravel. Are you actually going back to college or no?

but I’m very interested in nutritional science and ways to manipulate (and optimize) hormones for the better through dietary and lifestyle factors (hence the word ‘virile’).

Ah, clears that up. Got a raised eyebrow from me...

Hey Coeur, thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I'm going to. I'm just nervous about some factors (will elaborate later). Maybe I should have held off on mentioning that until the exact thread, but I wanted to get it out into the open, just because it's something that I've been needing to talk about for years and have never mentioned it to anyone on any forum.

Hello, welcome to the forum. I think it's nice that you're laid back- so I'm sure you'll meet a lot of new friends here.
Everyone here is pretty friendly. Hope you enjoy your time here! =)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. :) By the way, might as well just shorten my name to the acronym FV for future references!

Glad I wasn't met with any backlash or conspicuous eye-rolling with the obvious part of my introductory post. Not sure which subforum I'll post that in. And I'm not sure exactly how to articulate it, but we'll see.

Latest posts

Back