The war came to my house

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexChristy

Reaction score
Hi, hope, you remember me.

I am not sure if it is correct to write here about that, but as I understand, my country (Ukraine) is well known now all over the world.

I have friends from USA, Australia, Germany, they say, they watch TV and read newspapers about war in Ukraine.

Maybe, you've heard about Malaysian airplain. It was shot down not far from my city.

Now hundreds and thousands of people are killed. In 1 km from my house there is a hospital, there are hundreds of soldiers and officers. They were hurted by so called storm or rain, I don`t know how to translate it correctly. That is rocket launcher, dozens of rockets fired in one time. A village can be destroyed in 30 seconds.

But it may not surprise you, because you've heard about war in Thailand, Syria and other countries.

What I want you to know is that Ukraine differs from other countries. I have never spoken in English to native speaker, and I am not sure that I speak English well, but hope, you can understand me. Ukraine is not a middle-age country. A lot of young people can speak Ukrainian, Russian, English, German and other languages.

My mother spoke German fluently when she studied at school. My father is very skilled in his craft or in everything he attempts to do with his hands.

There is a lot of programmers in Ukraine. Good programmers.

And you know, I just want you to know that Ukraine is not a middle-age country, where the war is a norm. This is the fight for independence. I don't know what country you live in, but I'm sure, there was a war also. Now it's our turn.

I am not a military, but maybe in some days or weeks we'll have a general mobilization, so everyone will fight.

I wish you never knew war.

Hi Alex. I'm sorry for what you and your country are going through. I hope you and your family can stay safe until it all ends. Having lost family and friends in Croatia during their war for independence back in the early 90's I can definitely empathize with what you're going through.

Latest posts

Back