the way she moves...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ucxb

Reaction score
So which way does she move for you? Clockwise? Counterclockwise? Both?

ic748i.gif

For me at first I see her move counterclockwise then I had focused on her feet & she get a tad shaky but eventually I see her move clockwise!

Well at first I saw it as anti-clockwise. Then I read Sci-Fi's post and it turned clockwise for me. And then I can't see it back as anti-clockwise anymore...

Clockwise but if i look off to the right of the image she may decide to change directions and start going counter clockwise. Naw now she is just being ornery and will only go clockwise.

Ooh, I used to be able to make her switch directions, like 10yrs ago when I first saw this. :) Or she'd switch directions all of a sudden. She won't obey me this time! This time she's sticking with clockwise.

pandas123 said:
Easy, its clockwise.

....am i right?

There is no right or wrong, it spins differently for everyone. It only gives the illusion of spinning in a certain direction thanks an individuals brain quirks. People will tell you it is because you are right-brained or left-brained, but I would be skeptical of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_Dancer

"The illusion derives from the lack of visual cues for depth. For instance, as the dancer's arms move from viewer's left to right, it is possible to view her arms passing between her body and the viewer (that is, in the foreground of the picture, in which case she would be circling anti-clockwise on her right foot) and it is also possible to view her arms as passing behind the dancer's body (that is, in the background of the picture, in which case she is seen circling clockwise on her left foot).

When she is facing to the left or to the right, her breasts and ponytail clearly define the direction she is facing, although there is ambiguity in which leg is which. However, as she moves away from facing to the left (or from facing to the right), the dancer can be seen (by different viewers, not by a single individual) facing in either of two directions. At first, these two directions are fairly close to each other (both left, say, but one facing slightly forward, the other facing slightly backward) but they become further and further away from each other until we reach a position where her ponytail and breasts are in line with the viewer (so that neither her breasts nor her ponytail are seen so readily). In this position, she could be facing either away from the viewer or towards the viewer, so that the two positions two different viewers could see are 180 degrees apart."

Latest posts

Back