There are...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
...20 threads on this forum that have received replies since I last checked eight hours ago. That's a fairly active forum.

But 19 of those threads are already at more than 50 pages. What happens to a thread when it reaches more than two pages is that people stop reading anything that's not on the first or last page, and the replies in between are forever buried. This isn't intentional, it's just how human nature works.

Also, 18 of those threads are game threads such as "Keep one, junk one." There is no reason to read any replies in such threads except the very last one. And in the case of threads such as "What are you eating right now?", nobody reads any replies except their own.

Just some general observations. Make of them what you will.

mickey said:
...20 threads on this forum that have received replies since I last checked eight hours ago. That's a fairly active forum.

But 19 of those threads are already at more than 50 pages. What happens to a thread when it reaches more than two pages is that people stop reading anything that's not on the first or last page, and the replies in between are forever buried. This isn't intentional, it's just how human nature works.

Also, 18 of those threads are game threads such as "Keep one, junk one." There is no reason to read any replies in such threads except the very last one. And in the case of threads such as "What are you eating right now?", nobody reads any replies except their own.

Just some general observations. Make of them what you will.

I read through all the pages of a thread, unless they're humongous like "What are you thinking?" or the threads in 'Games', in which case I read all the replies since my last reply.

I always knew I wasn't human. :p

Solivagant said:
I read through all the pages of a thread, unless they're humongous like "What are you thinking?" or the threads in 'Games', in which case I read all the replies since my last reply.

I always knew I wasn't human. :p

I even read all the replies in the humongous threads.

Although, it's been a seriously long time since I've been in the games section, I might not read ALL of the replies since I was last in there. lol

TheRealCallie said:
I even read all the replies in the humongous threads.

Although, it's been a seriously long time since I've been in the games section, I might not read ALL of the replies since I was last in there. lol

You've read all 4128 pages in "What are you thinking?" O.O

TheRealCallie said:
Well, I more skimmed the first half of the thread. lol

I have looked at every page of the face thread too. Granted, not in one sitting, but yeah.

Wow! I've only read all the ones since I joined, and a few at the beginning, and a random page here or there when I've done a search.

Hmm. Maybe I'll start reading some old posts in those threads too.

And Sol: read some Peter Wessel Zapffe. We're all human and trying hard not to be. :D

It's just the nature of forums, not everyone has enough time to realistically read every response to every thread unless you're a pretty active forum member able to keep "on top" of each new response each day, it isn't a particularly large forum.

mickey said:
We're all human and trying hard not to be. :D

I usually feel like I have to try pretty hard to be, lol. Maybe it's the Asperger's, I donno.

Solivagant said:
mickey said:
We're all human and trying hard not to be. :D

I usually feel like I have to try pretty hard to be, lol. Maybe it's the Asperger's, I donno.

Aww Sol. :( People with Asperger's are human too! :)

Back in 2007 I thought I[/i} had Asperger's. That doesn't appear to be the case, but a psychiatrist with a strong interest in adult Asperger's assessed me and said I had "some features" of it. What that appears to mean is that, in social situations where I feel some tension (such as a one-hour psychiatric assessment with an unfamiliar physician) I get tense and monotonic and overelaborate. With people I know, however, that doesn't happen, so I doubt it's really a feature of Asperger's.

Latest posts

Back