This Weather and Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooky2009

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted much on here before.

I don't know how many people there are from the UK on here, but we are having a heatwave at the moment and it's also Easter weekend and I was just wondering how many of you find this kind weather and it being a bank holiday too makes you feel even lonelier than ever?

Everywhere I look there are groups of people enjoying the sunshine and just generally being out with their friends making the most of the lovely weather. I am just sat with my OH and my dog and this is how it will be all weekend (as usual). Though I know I'm at least lucky to have these two in my life, this weather definitely makes me feel much, much lonelier. :(

Sorry, what's an "OH"?

I'm the opposite.
Sunshine makes me grin like an idiot,
but gloomy weather makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide.

I guess I have S.A.D (Seasonal affective disorder)
Been this way all my life.

A new life said:
Sorry, what's an "OH"?

I'm the opposite.
Sunshine makes me grin like an idiot,
but gloomy weather makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide.

I guess I have S.A.D (Seasonal affective disorder)
Been this way all my life.

Sorry, OH is abbreviation for other half! :D

The thing is, I too am happier when it is sunny and get depressed when it's grey, but the sunshine and really nice weather just makes me feel lonelier.

Mooky2009 said:
Hi everyone,

I don't know how many people there are from the UK on here, but we are having a heatwave at the moment and it's also Easter weekend and I was just wondering how many of you find this kind weather and it being a bank holiday too makes you feel even lonelier than ever?

Everywhere I look there are groups of people enjoying the sunshine and just generally being out with their friends making the most of the lovely weather. I am just sat with my OH and my dog and this is how it will be all weekend (as usual). Though I know I'm at least lucky to have these two in my life, this weather definitely makes me feel much, much lonelier. :(

Yes I know what you mean.

I work in a shop and all the customers were buying beer for barecues and parties, sweets and drinks for trips etc. All my work colleagues were talking about what they were doing. They were all going somewhere. One of them asked me what I was doing and I said 'playing on my xbox' - and that's what I did. I spent the whole of the day (good friday) from 3pm onwards at home with my Dad.

It doesn't bother me that much because I am used to it. While I was walking home I walked past pubs which were full of people drinking and talking etc. I feel I have nothing in common with people like that.

putter65 said:
While I was walking home I walked past pubs which were full of people drinking and talking etc. I feel I have nothing in common with people like that.

Why don't you walk in?

You'll be surprised.

Poguesy said:
putter65 said:
While I was walking home I walked past pubs which were full of people drinking and talking etc. I feel I have nothing in common with people like that.

Why don't you walk in?

You'll be surprised.

I don't really drink and I've never felt comfortable in pubs. I don't like large groups of people either.

I just recently moved from one extreem to the other...
SoCal where it's freaken hot..Working out in the heat makes you tired. So I don't much during the day and go out at night.

Now I'm living in northen Nevada. it's been snowing almost everyday
and I don't wanna do honeysuckle cuz it's freaken stupid cold to me.

I've also got back together with my fiance. For the first couple of
weeks it was cool..cuz we would snuggle up N stuff like that...
but last week all hell broke lose because we were spending too
much time together. We got into crazy arguments for like 3 days.
I wanted to stab her fucken eyes out.:(

So I've just been leaving the house...looking for work N taking classes...rain, snow or shine. I dont give a fresia.
Will, she's much happier now...cuz when I come home
she wants to jump my bones:D cuz she misses me..which makes
me happy.lol

She's also went to Reno to visit for the weekend...I'm cool.
She text N calls me call the time to makesure the cell phone
is tatooed on ma (GPS).lol She tells me she loves me very, ver much and misses me. I'm like totally luckie. My honey is totally hawt N sweet. Guys hit up on her all the time...but oh well, I can't be trippin.
cuz when she gets home she gonna wanna jump my bones

Anywho...theres was like lack of balance...too much of anything
is not good for ya...and not enough of it , is not good either.

It's a nice day today...even though my sweetheart is not with me.
I;m spending it alone..but I don't feel alone.

Life is weird and really ironic sometimes.

I've been in a relationship where I ve sat in the same room or sleep in the same bad with my partner but felt lost N alone.

Mooky2009 said:
Hi everyone,

I feel much the same. Its been over 4 years since my marrage ended and I go through many peaks and troughs of lonleyness and depression. On Friday I was out doing some shopping I saw a young couple holding hands and walking lazily down the street with their heads nuzzled together and I suddenly realised just how alone I was. I've spent the last 3 days sobbing and being generally miserable, I cant wait for this sunny spell to end.
Its just a constant reminder of the happier times spent with my Ex and other Ex's long gone :(

Latest posts

Back