Transphobia issue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
I've just made my female confidant cry. To be specific, She is bisexual. She had many boyfriends before but she has some feelings for other girls. That is completely normal. But the problem is that she has some transgender side. She feels uncomfortable of having breasts. She said she tried to fit into both girly and masculine type but failed. I suspected if she wants her breasts removed someday. I was totally in a gentle manner, just discussing but she got over emotional. We were chatting in facebook.
Okay my opinions were( if you're transgender, please do not get offended. I'm just a teenager).- Transgender people should be excluded from LGBT community because they are the cause of spreading prejudices and decrease gay and lesbian people's reputation. Gay men don't cross-dress and be a man. I mean they do not get a surgery to get their penis removed and get a artificial breast. Many homophobic people believe that gay people imitate to be a woman and lesbian people imitate to be a man and cross dress. That is a very big reason why many people are homophobic
-Fool me also believes that God has made gay and lesbian people for some reason and they are naturally talented and pretty. But transgender people just slipped to the cracks and be like "We're transgender and I'm a man but I was a girl as a child". I think that is all in their heads. It is scientifically proven that there is such thing as gay gene which has 5% chance for all fetuses. Did scientists prove that transgender is natural ?( just wondering). Isn't being transgender is like tricking people ?. When I get a girlfriend I will look at my girlfriend's childhood photos because of those people.
We all have different kind of feelings and some just come from nowhere. Actually it is none of my business. If transgender people are happy, that is all that matters. I want everyone to be happy. But my thoughts seem to correct. I feel very sorry for making my friend cry.
What do you think ? Am I wrong ? Wondering around, I did not mean anything seriously. I can be sharp-tongues at some times. By the way, please do not question about my sexual orientation. Because there is no need to.

Bebeskii said:
Okay my opinions were( if you're transgender, please do not get offended. I'm just a teenager).- Transgender people should be excluded from LGBT community because they are the cause of spreading prejudices and decrease gay and lesbian people's reputation. Gay men don't cross-dress and be a man. I mean they do not get a surgery to get their penis removed and get a artificial breast. Many homophobic people believe that gay people imitate to be a woman and lesbian people imitate to be a man and cross dress. That is a very big reason why many people are homophobic

Sorry - but this is not true. Homophobic people don't believe this .. I don't know where you have heard this ; and it's not a 'big reason' why people are homophobic. People are homophobic out of ignorance.

Bebeskii said:
-Fool me also believes that God has made gay and lesbian people for some reason and they are naturally talented and pretty. But transgender people just slipped to the cracks and be like "We're transgender and I'm a man but I was a girl as a child". I think that is all in their heads. It is scientifically proven that there is such thing as gay gene which has 5% chance for all fetuses. Did scientists prove that transgender is natural ?( just wondering). Isn't being transgender is like tricking people ?. When I get a girlfriend I will look at my girlfriend's childhood photos because of those people.
We all have different kind of feelings and some just come from nowhere. Actually it is none of my business. If transgender people are happy, that is all that matters. I want everyone to be happy. But my thoughts seem to correct. I feel very sorry for making my friend cry.
What do you think ? Am I wrong ? Wondering around, I did not mean anything seriously. I can be sharp-tongues at some times. By the way, please do not question about my sexual orientation. Because there is no need to.

There is proof that transgender is also something in your brain that you're born with - if you want I can pm you with some studies on it.
I don't think transgender is tricking people, in the end, you love someone for their soul and not for their body.
In the case of your friend, I can understand why she cried. As a LGBTQA+ activist, I can totally see where you offended her, lol.

In my honest opinion, your post is pretty offensive and I honestly hope that, if there's a transgender on the forum, that they don't read this. Being a transgender is not something people make up - it comes from their hearts and they just want to express how they feel.

So yes, I do think your opinion is not correct - then again, your opinion cannot be wrong since its an opinion.
But I firmly disagree.

HGwells said:
There is proof that transgender is also something in your brain that you're born with - if you want I can pm you with some studies on it.
I don't think transgender is tricking people, in the end, you love someone for their soul and not for their body.
In the case of your friend, I can understand why she cried. As a LGBTQA+ activist, I can totally see where you kinda offended her, lol.

So yes, I do think your opinion is not correct - then again, your opinion cannot be wrong since its an opinion.
Please tell me about the studies. I like to study new things. You can, of course, pm me.

I do not want to offend you, but I think it is downright retarded. First off, I do not believe in god. Because if god existed, he would be the most evil, sadistic person in the world (my opinion). Furthermore, yes, the feelings transgender people have come from their heads, yet it does not make them weird, retarded, or anything else for that matter. They are just people, with feelings. I do not see what your problem is.

Your statement that transgender people are the cause of many prejudices is just totally ... retarded. I am sorry if I offended you, but you have no way ofbacking that up, thus you should not just say something like that. I'd like to know how transgender people are the cause of many prejudices. And even if they were, it doesn't mean that prejudices have to be correct. Also, why is the fact that (according to your opinion) transgender people are the cause of many prejudices a reason to exclude them from an LGBT community. Doing that, would be downright discrimination. I do not think that being transgender is tricking people. You just have a feeling, and some people do something about it (change gender) and some don't. But it's not tricking people. I see it like this: If someone changes gender and name, I will just treat them how they wish to be treated, who cares if they were an other gender before? It doesn't harm you, does it? Same goes for bisexual, gay or lesbian people. Do they harm you?

I just think that you really should consider thinking things over. I can see where you offended your girlfriend and you might do well to apologize (if you haven't already) and revise your opinion on the matter. I am not forcing you to, but it is just an advice.

Also, sorry for my ahrsh tone, I did not wish to offend you. But this is my opinion.

People should be free to dress however they want, to do whatever they want to their bodies, and to be attracted to whoever they are without prejudice.

[video=youtube]

The whole reason LGBT comes together is to fight prejudice, not hide from it. You've clearly met very few homophobes, who may think that men loving men is effeminate in itself because love has to be male-female and only women are attracted to men.

You've also clearly met very few gay, lesbian, or bisexual individuals, because there are both feminine and masculine men and women in there. It's not a myth that gay men like to be feminine, it's just a section of the population. The problem is not that they like to be feminine, the problem is that people think they're lesser for it or that harm should come to them for it.

If you don't know something, then don't counsel others on whether or not it's moral, correct, etc. I feel terrible for your friend who turned to your for comfort and was told that she's the cause of prejudice and shouldn't be allowed in a community that has Trans in its name.

I see this thread being closed soon......However, I will give my opinion about it.

People are people. It doesn't matter what gender they are or what gender they want to be or think they should be. It doesn't matter what race, nationality or how they talk or anything else they are. It doesn't matter how they choose to dress, or what colors they wear, or if they have tattoos/piercing. Hell, it doesn't really even matter if they smoke or drink.

What matters is who the person is on the INSIDE, how they treat you, how they deal with life, how strong they are, and what they value/believe.

While I also have opinions on the religious aspect of it, I will not discuss that here.

TheRealCallie said:
People are people. It doesn't matter what gender they are or what gender they want to be or think they should be. It doesn't matter what race, nationality or how they talk or anything else they are. It doesn't matter how they choose to dress, or what colors they wear, or if they have tattoos/piercing. Hell, it doesn't really even matter if they smoke or drink.

^^ This ^^

Tealeaf said:
The whole reason LGBT comes together is to fight prejudice, not hide from it. You've clearly met very few homophobes, who may think that men loving men is effeminate in itself because love has to be male-female and only women are attracted to men.

^^And This^^

I think that everyone above me in this thread has said thoughts that I have right now so I won't repeat them. From my experience with people in the LGBT community, they don't ask to feel how they feel. They just do feel a certain way and it tends to contradict with the way people see them. I feel bad when they feel bad for showing their true selves because people see them negatively or feel that they are "different". They're not different to me. They're still human. They just have different preferences, just as straight people have preferences and have different cultures and race and etc. Meh, I just dislike discrimination, is all.

Basically, to sum my thoughts up, exactly what painter said:
painter said:
People should be free to dress however they want, to do whatever they want to their bodies, and to be attracted to whoever they are without prejudice.

Yes, my dear, transgender is a REAL thing, named under the DSM as Transsexualism or Gender Identity Disorder and it is not tricking people nor in transsexual people's heads.

http://www.gendernetwork.com/Magnus-Hirschfeld.html#.U6XRGfldXxU

I can't bother to look right now, but if you want to see studies, you should probably start with this guy right here. Mind you that transvestite is not the same as transsexual although Dr. Hirschfeld used the term.

You do know what the T stands for in LGBT right? Kind of hard not to have them in the community given that.

Bebeskii said:
Transgender people should be excluded from LGBT community because they are the cause of spreading prejudices and decrease gay and lesbian people's reputation.

This is a statement based upon ignorance of transgender people. All that you need to lift that fog from your eyes is to learn more about the LGBT community and have a little compassion for them. Then, you might learn that *your* sexual orientation is not the only one worthy of dignity and respect.

i belong to certain forum for musicians and after a couple years i come out to them and they stopped talking to me. My video gets no response there still.

johnny196775 said:
i belong to certain forum for musicians and after a couple years i come out to them and they stopped talking to me. My video gets no response there still.

That completely sucks.

Bob Arctor said:
TheRealCallie said:
People are people.

WRONG! People are potatoes.

itspeople.jpg

POTATOES... are PEOPLE!

Latest posts

Back