trying antianxiety med

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
hi everyone i have bad anxiety and drs prescribed me lexotan 1.5mg when needed. i woke up this morning feeling really panicy with my heart racing, i was wondering if anyone else ever tried lexotan or an antianxiety med how did you feel on it and does it help. thanks (i had bad experiences with pills in the past so im really scared to try this)

The safest thing to do, will be to give a call to your doctor early in the morning. He may need to discontinue the medication right away, lower the dose (mg) or combine it with another med. I have been in the healthcare world for three years, and I handle lots of meds every day.Let me know what your doctor said.

Maybe even stop taking it now until you talk with your doctor. Take care of yourself.

Eliraven said:
The safest thing to do, will be to give a call to your doctor early in the morning. He may need to discontinue the medication right away, lower the dose (mg) or combine it with another med. I have been in the healthcare world for three years, and I handle lots of meds every day.Let me know what your doctor said.

Maybe even stop taking it now until you talk with your doctor. Take care of yourself.

i never took the pill he prescribed due to fear tho. since i never took it before i was wondering how others felt if they did take it.

dn560 said:
Eliraven said:

i never took the pill he prescribed due to fear tho. since i never took it before i was wondering how others felt if they did take it.

Oh, sorry. I understood your post wrong.

I think you will be better off looking for reviews of people in google. I don't think there is many of us here on that pill. Good luck to you.

dn560 said:
hi everyone i have bad anxiety and drs prescribed me lexotan 1.5mg when needed. i woke up this morning feeling really panicy with my heart racing, i was wondering if anyone else ever tried lexotan or an antianxiety med how did you feel on it and does it help. thanks (i had bad experiences with pills in the past so im really scared to try this)

Well I think that different people will react differently to a particular medication. What's important is that you look out for your body's reactions to it. If you're developing symptoms that are not normal, you should stop taking it and let your doctor know. Chances are the medication isn't compatible with you, or that the dosage isn't right. Whatever it is, even the tiniest symptoms you see would be worth mentioning to your doctor anyway, so I would suggest you do that as soon as you can and to stop taking it for the time being, just to be safe.

That's the thing with medications, eh. You can never know how your body reacts to it until you try. I get very wary myself since I'm allergic to particular drugs.

30 or so years ago my shrink had me on etrafon forte. It didn't seem to help with my anxiety and the side effects were what I remember the most. Dry mouth, couldn't focus my eyes to read, took forever to start a stream of pee and I had disrupted sleep for a week or so....I'd sleep through the day, wake up in the evening and think it was morning.....it was more trouble than it was worth. So I quit taking it and saved it for when I wanted to party.....I'd take a triple dose and snort cocaine with a few pals all day then start drinking at night. Ha! Ha! I don't know how I lived through those years without OD'ing or getting brain damage or something.

Come to think of it, maybe I did get brain damage.

Sorry I haven't been on that one. But over the years I have tried many different meds for my anxiety and depression with a combination of working of strategies of helping it from myself. All I can say is try it, if you have side effects that you don't want then stop and ask your Dr. if you can try something different. It has took me 16 years to finally find a depression med that really helps. It does have some side effects (mainly tiredness) but I would take that than how I felt before.

I always used to think that I should be able to sort it without meds. But now I have found one that helps I am glad. It isn't intended to be forever, but would certainly take it again if I started to suffer again.

Good Luck I hope it helps.

I haven't taken the the Med you've been prescribed. But I do take an Anti-anxiety med twice a day. It is very helpful to me. I've been on it a long while now, and my body comes to expect it, but I do like it, and it does help.

Give your med a try, if you don't like it, stop taking it. But always talk to your doctor when stopping meds cold turkey.

I haven't taken anything for anxiety but I've heard they can work well. Remember that if these ones don't work there could be others that will work instead (much like anti-deps)

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Serenia said:
Sorry I haven't been on that one. But over the years I have tried many different meds for my anxiety and depression with a combination of working of strategies of helping it from myself. All I can say is try it, if you have side effects that you don't want then stop and ask your Dr. if you can try something different. It has took me 16 years to finally find a depression med that really helps. It does have some side effects (mainly tiredness) but I would take that than how I felt before.

I always used to think that I should be able to sort it without meds. But now I have found one that helps I am glad. It isn't intended to be forever, but would certainly take it again if I started to suffer again.

Good Luck I hope it helps.

i glad you found one that helps, i'll definately try it maybe this will solve some issues that i ve been having.

Danielle said:
I haven't taken the the Med you've been prescribed. But I do take an Anti-anxiety med twice a day. It is very helpful to me. I've been on it a long while now, and my body comes to expect it, but I do like it, and it does help.

Give your med a try, if you don't like it, stop taking it. But always talk to your doctor when stopping meds cold turkey.

is it true that you get addicted to them if you take them everyday? i tend to drink off and on and i heard it fucks you up pretty bad when these meds are in your system.

Well, yes, a lot of anti-anxiety meds are addictive. Many are called benzodiazapines, and they are addictive even when taken as prescribed. I drink occasionally, and do feel tipsy faster than I used to... so becareful.

I am addicted to Clonazepam which was prescribed for me 4 years ago for my anxiety. While I do not abuse the drug by taking more than prescribed. I did try with doctor supervision to ween off of it but it was a nightmare. I was basically a junkie going through withdraws..For me even lowering the dose has proved difficult. So I warn you to be careful, if you find it does not work I recommend stopping it as soon as possible. Getting off of benzodiazapines is almost impossible once you have been on them long term. Take it from someone who knows all to well. I would love to go back in time and never have touched the stuff, even with my anxiety. Bright Blessings to you, may you find relief from the crippling effects of anxiety without the nasty drugs..

Arachne said:
I am addicted to Clonazepam which was prescribed for me 4 years ago for my anxiety. While I do not abuse the drug by taking more than prescribed. I did try with doctor supervision to ween off of it but it was a nightmare. I was basically a junkie going through withdraws..For me even lowering the dose has proved difficult. So I warn you to be careful, if you find it does not work I recommend stopping it as soon as possible. Getting off of benzodiazapines is almost impossible once you have been on them long term. Take it from someone who knows all to well. I would love to go back in time and never have touched the stuff, even with my anxiety. Bright Blessings to you, may you find relief from the crippling effects of anxiety without the nasty drugs..

I feel the same way... I've been on Clonazepam for 12 years or so... it is HELL trying to wean off. The Med has been very helpful to me to help control the anxiety...but the idea of trying to stop scares the hell out of me. I've tried, and stopped.... etc...

I also warn anyone trying this class of drugs to be very careful.

Latest posts

Back