Unicorn Chaser

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
That's my new title. :D It's my comparison to how hard it is to find a date, or a gf. I have about as much luck finding a unicorn. :p

Now something really strange just happened to me for the first time. So I just got here to work and there must be a new girl because I've never seen her before, but she came around the corner and...

Our eyes met- we've never seen each other before and it was almost like time stopped. She's super cute and she smiled! I was like... ..hiii.. after what seemed like an eternity of time being frozen.

Just saw her again! Quick! Deer in the headlights mode!

Uh holy crap, she just came up to me with a big smile and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Kylie, the new on-call girl."

Me- Homina, homina, homina, homin.. hii.. I'm... Jesse...nice.. to.. meet.. you.. homina, homina.

Hey! You worked your name in with the "hominas"! Good job! That's better than I would've done. You even formed a sentence!

Lol thanks :) I know one thing though for sure, from now on I'm going to assume a woman doesn't like me unless she comes out and says that she does and even then I won't be completely sure.

Jesse said:
That's my new title. :D It's my comparison to how hard it is to find a date, or a gf. I have about as much luck finding a unicorn. :p

Now something really strange just happened to me for the first time. So I just got here to work and there must be a new girl because I've never seen her before, but she came around the corner and...

Our eyes met- we've never seen each other before and it was almost like time stopped. She's super cute and she smiled! I was like... ..hiii.. after what seemed like an eternity of time being frozen.

Just saw her again! Quick! Deer in the headlights mode!

Uh holy crap, she just came up to me with a big smile and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Kylie, the new on-call girl."

Me- Homina, homina, homina, homin.. hii.. I'm... Jesse...nice.. to.. meet.. you.. homina, homina.

Quick! Initiate conversation! :p

And then if she seems intersted erm....or you think she might be....leave roses on her desk mysteriously and drive her nuts for a while wondering who it is :p

-or-

Just be friends with her first and see where it goes lol.

Good Luck!!

Don't get cold feet when it comes to talking to her. Nothing bad can come of it. Something very good may do.

SophiaGrace said:
Quick! Initiate conversation! :p

And then if she seems intersted erm....or you think she might be....leave roses on her desk mysteriously and drive her nuts for a while wondering who it is :p

-or-

Just be friends with her first and see where it goes lol.

Good Luck!!

Conversation yes

Flowers, mega no

Just be friends first, only if you don't ever want anything more.

Here's two realistic options:

1) Ask her if you can call her sometime, if she agrees... call her two days later, keep it short and polite and tell her that youd like to take her out for lunch/coffee/drinks sometime (dinner is too much)

2) Skip the asking to call. Say, "Hey, i'm gonna go grab a coffee/lunch/whatever, wanna join?"

Dont look too open (schedule-wise) or too desperate, be in control of the situation, make it look like although you'd like her to go it wont phase you at all if she doesnt. If she says "yes" then you are golden, "no" but tries to reschedule for another time then you are probably still golden, if she just says "no" then say "maybe some other time"... if she's interested then she'll try here... if she doesnt try... give up.

Oh, I should mention I found out last night by another co-worker that she's engaged. Crap!

Jesse said:
Oh, I should mention I found out last night by another co-worker that she's engaged. Crap!

There is a reason that there is a stage in between dating and marriage. IMHO until a woman has made the vows she is relatively fair game. Now I wouldn't say that you should try to steal a buddies, or brothers, or bosses fiancee... But you didn't hear it from her... you heard it from a coworker, give her a chance to tell you herself by asking her out.

Ah I can't do that man, even if I don't know the guy, I can't try to steal his fiance.

Jesse said:
Ah I can't do that man, even if I don't know the guy, I can't try to steal his fiance.

Nice to know there are some good folk still out there.

Nyktimos said:
Jesse said:

Nice to know there are some good folk still out there.

Soooo, let me point out something...

If the OP were to ask this girl out, while she's engaged, and she said yes... effectively "stealing" this guys fiancee.... is she someone that the other guy should really want to be with anyways?

I mean I know that if my fiancee was willing to leave me for someone else, i might get butt hurt for a while, but I wouldn't want her back. If she really wants her fiancee, she'll shoot down the OP...

Whenever I was engaged guys would ask out my fiancee all the time, she always thanked them and told them that she loved me very much and wanted to be with only me, it NEVER bothered me. Had it been a friend or someone close, well that would've been a different story.

Spare said:
Hey! You worked your name in with the "hominas"! Good job! That's better than I would've done. You even formed a sentence!

god **** spare. you seem like a really funny guy lmfao. i just saw your avatar for the first time and i just kept staring at the elephant and i must say, i laughed really hard.

Papabear said:
If the OP were to ask this girl out, while she's engaged, and she said yes... effectively "stealing" this guys fiancee.... is she someone that the other guy should really want to be with anyways?

No, but that doesn't seem to stop a lot of people.

Trying to find a date is like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa's body, the lost city of gold, or the fountain of life. I'd be more likely to run over big foot or somehow find the leprechaun at the end of the rainbow. I'd have more luck escaping the bermuda triangle than finding a date, and likely, life will be found on another planet before a lady looks twice in my direction.

Latest posts

Back