Wait !!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ucxb

Reaction score
This is for those that need a little perspective on learning how to wait /patience, including myself

:shy:

The people who are most successful at living and loving are those who can learn to wait successfully. Not many people enjoy waiting or learning patience. Yet, waiting can be a powerful tool that will help us accomplish much good.

We cannot always have what we want when we want it. For different reasons, what we want to do, have, be, or accomplish is not available to us now. But there are things we could not do or have today, no matter what, that we can have in the future. Today, we would make ourselves crazy trying to accomplish what will come naturally and with ease later.

We can trust that all is on schedule. Waiting time is not wasted time. Something is being worked out - in us, in someone else, in the Universe.

We don't have to put our life on hold while we wait. We can direct our attention elsewhere; we can practice acceptance & gratitude in the interim; we can trust that we do have a life to live while we are waiting - then we go about living it.

Deal with your frustration and impatience, but learn how to wait. The old saying, "you can't always get what you want" isn't entirely true. Often, in life, we can get what we want - especially the desires of our heart - if we can learn to wait.

From The Language of Letting Go.... /cheers

Wow so true, so true in fact I can't even put my jokey comment anymore.

However could it be argued then, that there is no such thing as waiting if you can put any downtime on an activity to good use? For example instead of sitting about waiting for bedtime you go out and work/walk in the park/whatever?

I remember someone special to me once telling me this same thing. Thank you for posting this because even though it was not long ago that they shared this with me, its great to have a written reminder of it, so I don't forget. Perfect timing, funny how that works sometimes, thanks ucxb! :D

Cool :D It's a great book to have around, I recommend it for everything (mostly)

I don't have the patience to read this.

9006 said:
I don't have the patience to read this.

Irony: On tv just a few minutes ago the presenter stated that there's rumoured to be a palindrome about two thirds of the way through "Finnegan's Wake" but it can't be confirmed because no-one's read that far

ucxb said:
Well, patience is a virtue after all ....

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Ok so I have a question, the title of this is wait, so um, how long do I have to wait? :D

ucxb said:
Well, patience is a virtue after all ....

Well I guess that won't be going in the Post Something Positive thread, predictable.

Well ...

Never cut a tree down in the wintertime.
Never make a negative decision in the low time.
Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods.
Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

Says Robert H. Schuller

Latest posts

Back