One’s Perspective on Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to post some music Ska, you're the best deejay we have, something with a lovin' vibe :)

As part of the changes I've been making - running, getting the sleep schedule under control, getting more organized, etc - I've also been trying to NOT listen to music during workday hours. I'm trying to get to some semblance of normalcy.

I haven't "sold out". Just want to get back on track cause it's better than the alternative.

Anyway thanks for the DJ compliment in any case, it means a lot from someone with your knowledge and taste.
Maybe I'll put something on later! 🤘😁

As part of the changes I've been making - running, getting the sleep schedule under control, getting more organized, etc - I've also been trying to NOT listen to music during workday hours. I'm trying to get to some semblance of normalcy.
I wish you luck with it, not that you need it, you're a determined bloke and you'll smash it. You're actually one of the main reasons i hang around, I'm in full arsehole mode today but I have learned a lot from you and not just about decent music but tolerance, acceptance and empathy. Keep it up man you're a bloody asset to ALL.

You forgot this key sentence, Sir Joseph didn't post ANY form of hatred. Not sure I could say the same of you, though. Religious DEBATE is not allowed, religious DISCUSSION is.

I believe those words are synonymous, Callie.

I believe those words are synonymous, Callie.
You mean debate and discussion when it comes to religion? I disagree. I have had many great discussions with people of all religions about religion. I have had just as many debates. And sadly, I have seen even more hatred filled arguments because people can't seem to agree that each person has a right to believe (or not believe) what they want.

Sweet, that's the whole 'does god exist' conundrum solved. See ya in hell bad boy ;)
Guess it depends on which god(s) you are referring to as there are literally thousands of proposed supreme deities to choose from and there is the exact same amount of evidence for all of them.

Everyone knows all internet incels are really women pretending to be men who are pissed off because they can't find a decent South London boy with lovely hair.

Disclaimer: I don't want to break any rules so this is an attempt at humour not intended as information and is definitely false.
Word.
Though I think you meant "Québec French Canadian prig with a nice mane" there, guv 😉
Welcone back, btw. Do keep your sanity long enough to stick around, ole boy, ole chap, ole bean lol.

to me the meaning of life is what you make it,if you want a meaningful life then you make it meaningful for you, and you alone is in charge of your life.

"What is happiness? the feeling that power is growing, and that resistance is overcome." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"What is happiness? the feeling that power is growing, and that resistance is overcome." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Maybe A form of happiness, for some.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger ".
Tell that to people who contracted certain ailments that irreparably damaged and weakened their organs or other body parts. Even if you talk mentally strong, it is not true, as there as countless examples proving otherwise. Whoever originated that saying is an idiot.

Tell that to people who contracted certain ailments that irreparably damaged and weakened their organs or other body parts. Even if you talk mentally strong, it is not true, as there as countless examples proving otherwise. Whoever originated that saying is an idiot.
🤨
Nietzsche. Same guy.

Well, you can definitely interpret it that way, but that's not what Nietzsche actually means to say. He's describing happiness in a universal way, it's an all-encompassing definition of the phenomenom, and what he means by "power" is not exactly what we colloquially understand as power either, though it's not too far. What's interesting here is the dynamic which is expressed in how Nietzsche manages to fuse together his very German-Idealist "will to power" and the Greco-Roman notion of "amor fati". To the begginner, these 2 things might seem totally opposite, but in truth they're complementary.

Well, you can definitely interpret it that way, but that's not what Nietzsche actually means to say. He's describing happiness in a universal way, it's an all-encompassing definition of the phenomenom, and what he means by "power" is not exactly what we colloquially understand as power either, though it's not too far. What's interesting here is the dynamic which is expressed in how Nietzsche manages to fuse together his very German-Idealist "will to power" and the Greco-Roman notion of "amor fati". To the begginner, these 2 things might seem totally opposite, but in truth they're complementary.
If he’s made your life better, good for you.

For some people he certainly did, and does, but to me it's more about understanding different perspectives on different matters. I have my own conceptions regarding the meaning of life and the idea of happiness, and while they're not too distinct from Nietzsche's, they're not the same, either.

Latest posts

Back