WARNING

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
I am so F@#KING IRRITATED! Pervs and jackasses need to stop texting me! Everytime my phone buzzes, it is always a perv or a lying jackass. Guys in my town are f@#king idiots! I'M NOT THAT KIND OF GIRL SO BACK OFF! I'm so nice to everyone but I am about to go the f@#k off.

Why did you give them your number? Perhaps you need to be more selective who knows it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I heed the warning. I won't text you.

:p

Lol ok. Are those your guitars? Were the custom made like that or did you buy them like that? I have a Gibson Les Paul that I'm getting the fret dots custom made into white stars. And I'm getting my 1947 Gibson L7 Edition restored.

SignedSierraLynn said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Lol ok. Are those your guitars? Were the custom made like that or did you buy them like that? I have a Gibson Les Paul that I'm getting the fret dots custom made into white stars. And I'm getting my 1947 Gibson L7 Edition restored.

No, they're not.

Although I will list the guitars I do have. I have a Breedlove acoustic, a Palmer acoustic, a fender stratocaster sunburst design, and a Yamaha 300 bass guitar.

I am shopping for a telecaster. I was in the music store the other day, looking at guitars. I'd really like a Gibson Les Paul, but they're a bit pricey...my range is more around $800 rather than $2,000.

I also have two keyboards, an old piano, a set of drums, a xylophone, a trombone, and a bunch of other assorted instruments. I come from a musical family, and I sing and write and record my own songs/albums.

Everyone on here knows all this, lol. But if you ever want to discuss music, I'm the guy.

I'm glad you realized I was joking. And I do understand your complaint in the OP, I hear this from my female friends all the time. Even been around my female friends when the perverts hit on them, and want to beat the hell out of them...but don't.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
SignedSierraLynn said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

No, they're not.

Although I will list the guitars I do have. I have a Breedlove acoustic, a Palmer acoustic, a fender stratocaster sunburst design, and a Yamaha 300 bass guitar.

I am shopping for a telecaster. I was in the music store the other day, looking at guitars. I'd really like a Gibson Les Paul, but they're a bit pricey...my range is more around $800 rather than $2,000.

I also have two keyboards, an old piano, a set of drums, a xylophone, a trombone, and a bunch of other assorted instruments. I come from a musical family, and I sing and write and record my own songs/albums.

Everyone on here knows all this, lol. But if you ever want to discuss music, I'm the guy.

I'm glad you realized I was joking. And I do understand your complaint in the OP, I hear this from my female friends all the time. Even been around my female friends when the perverts hit on them, and want to beat the hell out of them...but don't.
I teach guitar lessons. I have a strat. I like vintage guitars. I k.ow all about Les Paul guitars. Les Paul and his wife Mary Ford are my idols.

SignedSierraLynn said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
SignedSierraLynn said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

No, they're not.

I teach guitar lessons. I have a strat. I like vintage guitars. I k.ow all about Les Paul guitars. Les Paul and his wife Mary Ford are my idols.

I am a big Beatles and Yes fan. Steve Howe is my guitar idol, although I can't play anywhere near him.

I like vintage guitars, too. I just inherited a beat up Ukelele and something called a Zither or something like that, can't remember exactly. I am going to try to get them refurbished, but I have no clue how to play them; they were my Grandma's.

I just love music and everything related to it.

I saw a concert video of Keith Urban going into the audience giving this young girl his guitar. Could you imagine how awesome a guitar it must have been coming from a superstar musician?

I'd be for Peter Frampton giving me one of his guitars! Love his music, he lives somewhere around here too (don't know where his mansion is, though.)

Sorry to hijack the thread, OP.

Mikey193 said:
I'd like to learn to play guitar. Is it hard?

Depends on how patient you are, and whether you're learning on acoustic or electric.

I learned on acoustic, and then switched to electric. In that way, I am able to play both. But those that learn on electric usually can't play acoustic...they split their fingers open and can't strum the notes. It's hard.

Also, you have to take one chord at a time. The F chord, for example, is one of the hardest first chords to learn. The D chord, on the other hand, is one of the easiest to learn. I have taught my niece how to play some chords (she is 9), and she picked up D right away. F was harder.

It also depends on whether or not you have a good teacher. My first guitar teacher was horrible; he didn't understand me, and quit on me. My current guitar teacher, who is teaching me all sorts of new stuff that I managed to not learn on my own, is awesome. I mentioned that I liked Black Sabbath, and suddenly I am learning a guitar riff from Ozzy for homework. ;)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Mikey193 said:

Depends on how patient you are, and whether you're learning on acoustic or electric.

I learned on acoustic, and then switched to electric. In that way, I am able to play both. But those that learn on electric usually can't play acoustic...they split their fingers open and can't strum the notes. It's hard.

Also, you have to take one chord at a time. The F chord, for example, is one of the hardest first chords to learn. The D chord, on the other hand, is one of the easiest to learn. I have taught my niece how to play some chords (she is 9), and she picked up D right away. F was harder.

It also depends on whether or not you have a good teacher. My first guitar teacher was horrible; he didn't understand me, and quit on me. My current guitar teacher, who is teaching me all sorts of new stuff that I managed to not learn on my own, is awesome. I mentioned that I liked Black Sabbath, and suddenly I am learning a guitar riff from Ozzy for homework. ;)

My grandfather got a nice accustic guitar. And my sister got a electric. I wanna learn to play both. I know some chords c d a. I just need to put some time into it

Mikey193 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Mikey193 said:

My grandfather got a nice accustic guitar. And my sister got a electric. I wanna learn to play both. I know some chords c d a. I just need to put some time into it

My advice is to learn on the acoustic. Your fingers will break open and bleed a little, but they'll scab over and be strong enough to hold the notes. Everyone goes through this.

The reason why electric is easier to learn, is because the strings are lighter. They are amplified, so they don't need to be thick like the acoustic. However, if you learn on acoustic, you will be able to play electric.

I just looked at the instruments my grandma passed on (she died 4 months ago.) I was wrong about the zither, that broke years ago (in fact, I believe I was the one who accidentally broke it.) Nobody was playing it, anyway.

The two instruments are a big ukelele and a small ukelele. Both are in need of repair, and are ancient. Might be worth something, or might be worthless. I certainly don't know what kind of strings they would take, even if they were repaired.

I teach guitar lessons at a local guitar shop. The first three chords I like to teach, because they are three basic chords in a chord progression are C, D, and E. A lot of songs have just those three chords in a simple chord progression (of course with different strums) Once you learn some more basic chords, you can move on to power chords such as A7, ETC. Then you can pick up on different strumming techniques, licking, etc. Soon you will be able to play the spider cord which is a cord created by Megadeth's Dave Mustane. It is very hard to play effectively. I am just now able to play it.

thread_direction.gif

Latest posts

Back