Weird bitching nerd with no social life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondintherough

Reaction score
"Weird bitching nerd with no social life" - Yep. Pretty much. Not who I am, but apparantly a lot of my awkwardness and lack of conversation has been conveyed as bitchiness.Should I really care what people think of me? I want a space for people with similar ideals who cannot fit in to life's pre-made mold. :cool:

Attachments

• me.png
    me.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 64
This was obviously some quiz. Maybe it would be smart if you gave us a link.

And no, you shouldn't care what people think of you.

My response is going to be a bit different.

If you want more friends and a social life and you are doing something to turn them off, I would adjust that.

It doesn't mean to change your core being...and not be who you are. It means being your best self. It means developig the interpersonal skills where people want to get to know you.

I think we can still be unique individuals but still have social skills and be charming if we develop them.

diamondintherough said:
"Weird bitching nerd with no social life" - Yep. Pretty much. Not who I am, but apparantly a lot of my awkwardness and lack of conversation has been conveyed as bitchiness.Should I really care what people think of me? I want a space for people with similar ideals who cannot fit in to life's pre-made mold. :cool:

no molds diamond, the world is full of em!

I have so little respect for people who are like that. For me its mainly a work thing. I love it when I see someone fight against the odd to get an impossible job like in TV or radio, or be an artist compared to someone who did reasonably well at a levels, got an average degree and then did something predictable like join deloitte and get shifted up the ranks effortlessly and given opportunities most would die for. I think I may just despise those people. in fact, harsh as it is but yes, yes i do!!! lol:)

Its not bitter hate its just that I hate mediocracy, I like people who have that 'je ne sais quoi', people who work in boring jobs, well they just have big bank balances sooooo....

don't change, I bet if I met you'd blow me away!!! :)

your now gonna tell me you work for deloitte, lol

I care what other people think of me, specially if those people are my friends and family. But with that, it's best to be who you truly are and anyone who cares for you will want nothing more than that as well. I also think that it wouldn't hurt for us to practice a bit of social skills and to push ourselves a bit towards our boundaries. Like facing our fears. In the end it'll be good for us. Not in a fake, putting a mask sort of way, cos in most cases in the real world, that's not the case, that's just how movies simplify things. I see it more as gaining a bit more skills in being comfortable in a lot of situations, comfortable to be ones self despite fearsome situations like meeting new people and getting to know them ( and man that's scary!)

I think, in the end it's developing yourself to be best person you can be. And if some can't accept that, then ok, you'll better have time without them. But I wouldn't want to neglect the importance of showing kindness to people as well (and not saying we are unkind, but because of our fears to smile or greet people, or reply a nice polite thank you to people, or just talking to them can sometimes be viewed as being a snob) I am struggling with these things as well and now I am realizing that in order for me be who I really am, I have to face my fears and build myself to be flexible in which ever circumstances so that ''my'' inner core (the person I am building myself to be, the person I want to be) won't be shaken and would stand firm in any situations, any dealings I'll make with people.

So to just say, don't care what other's think, I think it's a risky advice to give. We are also subject to being blinded and it's never healthy to close our doors on others specially our friends and family. So, yeah to the OP. I hope what I am saying here is making sense ^^

fresia the mold. It seems like everyone's the same...it's like everyone thinks the same...does the same honeysuckle...even dresses the same. Being different comes with a consequence but I think it's definitely worth it. You can either be another Bob from down the street,or you can be your own person and fresia the world.

Being different is worth it when you are different. Some people these days try to be different just for the sake of being different. Be who you are regardless of what people will think, whether you are what people call ''normal'' or what they call ''different''. What is so wrong with being normal as long as you are happy.

What if you changed it to "weird BITCHIN' nerd"? (with no social life . . . YET!)

I say we totally bring back "bitchin". It was cool once, it will be cool again, trust me.

Latest posts

Back