What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grackle said:
Peaches said:
reading the book
When terrible relatives happen to good people

That made me laugh out loud.

Jag.... hope things went well at your appoinment

Thanks for asking my dears.
Just got back home from hospital appointment after which I had lunch and a bit of shopping. The first appointment they put me in a glass box with a peg on my nose and a pipe to breathe in and out of, while the computer analysed my asthma. Oh what fecking fun! Then an hour wait to see the actual quack. My asthma isn't bad at all with the medicine I take (like I didn't know that) the MRI of my chest is fine. The problem could be sinus problems where the gunk is dripping down and infecting my lungs,hence all the coughing.

So guess what? Yes.. I need a scan of my sinuses next, and then an appointment with an ENT doctor. F**k f**k. F**k .... and repeat. F**k. Still I'm not actually ill at the moment, it all clears up in the warmer weather anyway.. Fecking Doctors. .. sheesh!

^Aww sorry that you had to go through all that. I actually had to go through something similar about how they peg your nose and you have to breathe through a pipe.. and then breathe hard and long.. that was really tiring it caused me some breathlessness after that.

Then they couldn't find out what has been causing my breathlessness - they then had to do a nasal scope which I'll tell you, was the most non-sedated invasively uncomfortable procedure I've ever had to go through with in my entire life. I refused the 2nd time they wanted to do it again on me. Ugh...

Hope you won't have to go through something like that, jag. :\ Good luck with the upcoming scan and appointment!

ladyforsaken said:
^Aww sorry that you had to go through all that. I actually had to go through something similar about how they peg your nose and you have to breathe through a pipe.. and then breathe hard and long.. that was really tiring it caused me some breathlessness after that.

Then they couldn't find out what has been causing my breathlessness - they then had to do a nasal scope which I'll tell you, was the most non-sedated invasively uncomfortable procedure I've ever had to go through with in my entire life. I refused the 2nd time they wanted to do it again on me. Ugh...

Hope you won't have to go through something like that, jag. :\ Good luck with the upcoming scan and appointment!

Thanks LadyF I'm fine, and at least they proved my asthma is well contolled by the medication I take, but if they start wanting to shove something up my nose to have a look around I am definitely going to keep what happened to you in mind. No sedation, no deal!😸

jaguarundi said:
Grackle said:
Peaches said:
reading the book

Just got back home from hospital appointment after which I had lunch and a bit of shopping. The first appointment they put me in a glass box with a peg on my nose and a pipe to breathe in and out of, while the computer analysed my asthma. Oh what fecking fun! Then an hour wait to see the actual quack. My asthma isn't bad at all with the medicine I take (like I didn't know that) the MRI of my chest is fine. The problem could be sinus problems where the gunk is dripping down and infecting my lungs,hence all the coughing.

So guess what? Yes.. I need a scan of my sinuses next, and then an appointment with an ENT doctor. F**k f**k. F**k .... and repeat. F**k. Still I'm not actually ill at the moment, it all clears up in the warmer weather anyway.. Fecking Doctors. .. sheesh!

That sounds bad, f**k to the doctor from me too

I know that you won't like this suggestion, but did you try staying away from cheese and milk for a couple of weeks? When it's a mucus problem, that usually works miracles (it's one of the tricks you learn from singers).
Also gluten affects it. I had to learn these things because of a stupid allergy.

Peaches said:
That sounds bad, f**k to the doctor from me too

I know that you won't like this suggestion, but did you try staying away from cheese and milk for a couple of weeks? When it's a mucus problem, that usually works miracles (it's one of the tricks you learn from singers).
Also gluten affects it. I had to learn these things because of a stupid allergy.

Thanks Peaches that is good advice, and in fact I do limit my intake of cheese because it doesn't help, although goats cheese is usually OK. Not sure that I have noticed that gluten is a problem, although things like icecream and chocolate, that have fat and sugar, can be an issue, although I don't especially crave either so I am lucky. I do like milky coffee though.. My morning is a dud without my grand crème **sigh** I know I should totally cut it out, but.....😭

jaguarundi said:
Grackle said:
Peaches said:
reading the book

Watching videos of military personnel reuniting with their family members.

Also, wishing I had someone in my life who cared about me that much.

ladyforsaken said:
VeganAtheist said:
Getting ready for a date I am not sure I want to go on. Should at least be interesting.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks!

It went well. No sparks at all (at least from my end) but I think we both had a lot of fun.

Sitting in bed, there's no way I'm going down stairs when my cousins in scoffing mode.

Latest posts

Back