What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
WildernessWildChild said:
TheRealCallie said:
VeganAtheist said:
Trying to figure out how to get my motivation back.

If you figure it out, let me know. Mine seems to be MIA too.

Same

Me too, sigh.
Question: What if you could find motivation but it comes from an 'unsavory' place? (example: Motivated to work out so that you can beat up someone" or "Improve skill X in order to make someone jealous")
Would you use said motivation in lieu of none at all?

^Coffee helped
Must have been some delicious-ass coffee :p

VeganAtheist said:
ladyforsaken said:
TheRealCallie said:
VeganAtheist said:
Trying to figure out how to get my motivation back.

If you figure it out, let me know. Mine seems to be MIA too.

Same

Me too, sigh.
Question: What if you could find motivation but it comes from an 'unsavory' place? (example: Motivated to work out so that you can beat up someone" or "Improve skill X in order to make someone jealous")

anger is the best motivator, as long as once you are all muscular let go of the original purpose

Peaches said:
anger is the best motivator, as long as once you are all muscular let go of the original purpose

Actually its not the best in fact its probably one of the worst, to quote a movie " an angry mind is a narrow mind..." in fact... /posts video instead

[video=youtube]

Now obviously the main focus in this clip is fighting, but anger affects you in everything you do, if you use anger when working out, you risk injuring yourself more cause you don't want to stop, you get sloppy since you're not focusing. Ive had it when skating in the past, trying to film tricks and getting angry with it, and then you mess something up cause you're not paying attention and boom - 5 weeks out due to ankle sprains or breaks or whatever.

Like he says - emotional content, meaning you need to put passion in whatever you do, be it working out, playing a musical instrument, a relationship, your job. Finding that emotional content or passion is the best motivator in anything you do.

oh and if you'e curious he looks away thinking after he says emotional content cause hes paying homage to bruce lee in this scene :D

[video=youtube]

zibafu said:
Peaches said:

Actually its not the best in fact its probably one of the worst, to quote a movie " an angry mind is a narrow mind..." in fact... /posts video instead

My house is usually beyond spotless when I'm angry. lol No other emotion works for it, but when my ex would come home to a VERY clean house, he knew he was in trouble. :p

That said....sigh, I need to get some of my muscle back. :/

VeganAtheist said:

I could probably find a way to channel that unsavoury motivation to end up doing something good or more beneficial in a positive way. I can't really think like that.. to be motivated to do something in order to cause a negative effect to my gain..

VeganAtheist said:

You could end up like Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. :O

Just finished a 60 frame, hand animated avatar for next week... Coming soon... :)

Feeding a bird Chipotle. Outside in the eating area. Just an outer bit of the wrapping. He looked so desperate hopping around under the tables that I had to give him something.

It's a really fat bird.

Latest posts

Back