What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
I am feeling very very amused. :D

I wasn't referring to you by the way.

Didn't say you were.

thought you would come up with some smart arse reply, *mod edit*

Well, maybe you should work on the thought process a little more. Call me whatever you want, you won't offend me, you'll only get yourself banned and then I'll be rather amused again. At least I'm mature enough not to resort to name calling. :rolleyes:

Now why don't YOU pickle off.

lmao.. so people can insult us and say there is something wrong with us and then we are the ones that 'gang up and chase people away' when we give advice? Good to know, society. Thank you.

Rainbows said:
lmao.. so people can insult us and say there is something wrong with us and then we are the ones that 'gang up and chase people away' when we give advice? Good to know, society. Thank you.

You like to click things too, don't you?

Nicolelt said:
So happy. :) My world is awesome. :)

t9LFRD.png

WildernessWildChild said:
johnny196775 said:
this forum can be very depressing most of the time.

Agreed. Most things of a positive nature get ignored but anything filled with self-pity, misery, and general whining and bitching gets all kinds of play....

In my experience, the opposite has just as often been true. When I came here last year, if I posted any feelings or thoughts that were less than positive (which I often did, I was in a lot of emotional pain) I would get PM's from members telling me to stop being so "dark", "depressing", "disturbing", bringing the forum down, etc. Eventually I just quit posting about myself for the most part, I didn't feel it was welcome here.

I think it's nice if people want to joke around here and talk about positive things, but I don't think there's anything wrong with someone being here to vent or commiserate either. As long as there's no disrespect going on (which it seems there often is), I think both should be acceptable without people getting criticized for it.

Solivagant said:
WildernessWildChild said:
johnny196775 said:
this forum can be very depressing most of the time.

Agreed. Most things of a positive nature get ignored but anything filled with self-pity, misery, and general whining and bitching gets all kinds of play....

In my experience, the opposite has just as often been true. When I came here last year, if I posted any feelings or thoughts that were less than positive (which I often did, I was in a lot of emotional pain) I would get PM's from members telling me to stop being so "dark", "depressing", "disturbing", bringing the forum down, etc. Eventually I just quit posting about myself for the most part, I didn't feel it was welcome here.

I think it's nice if people want to joke around here and talk about positive things, but I don't think there's anything wrong with someone being here to vent or commiserate either. As long as there's no disrespect going on (which it seems there often is), I think both should be acceptable without people getting criticized for it.

.. I still want to be able to PM you.

I have been feeling mixed all week. I'm hoping to find some peace. I'm thinking the upstairs neighbours need to seriously stop making so much noise. And I'm just remembering the things my mother has been telling me lately.. :(

Solivagant said:

I do agree. I think with so many members here having a lot of troubles and issues, it's bound to sound depressing. I guess it depends how we let it affect us. If we want to read and be affected negatively, or read and be affected but then try to help, or just read and move on. But a lot of times because we may tend to have gone through what these people have, we chime in our responses and sometimes because things are not delivered in a way that doesn't sound provocative, people get sensitive and feel that they're under attack.

On topic with regards to this, I feel sad that there have been good amazing members who have left this community (about 50% of them I know who left was because of dispute with others here or just feeling unwelcomed), and I'm thinking of people way back then from when I first joined here 2 years ago. I'm hoping that more people will try to calm down and try to understand that there are a lot of nice and helpful people here who do want to understand, hear them out and want to help and I hope they can try to keep an open mind and be receptive to others - they don't have to follow the advice given, but the least acknowledge them and think about them.

I hope also, that people can discuss opposing ideas without getting too sensitive about it and taking things too personally.. no discussion can take place like that. I know I have been one to have taken things personally myself, and it's difficult when discussing about topics that matter to you or mean a lot to you (and I have learned my lesson and do try to remain calm more), but we can, at the very least, not jump to conclusions and get angry.

I think that all these things I'm saying should likely be well understood by most but I'm just thinking saying it out here might be a gentle reminder to everyone - to please be kind with one another. If we attack each other and keep getting defensive, this community will break apart and people will not feel good being on here. I remember how things were on this forum back then. It wasn't like this at all. :(

Let's just try to keep things good and comforting for those who seek comfort and for those who seek help. Let's also remember, that as we all make our own choices in life, if someone clearly refuses to see things a certain way or accept any other solution, I think the best thing to do next is just to let them make that choice for themselves and continue to help where we can with the same person, and the others on here as well.

P.S.
This forum has done so so much for me, in so many ways. I'd hate to see it go crazy. Please, let's not let it get that way.

ladyforsaken said:
I do agree. I think with so many members here having a lot of troubles and issues, it's bound to sound depressing. I guess it depends how we let it affect us. If we want to read and be affected negatively, or read and be affected but then try to help, or just read and move on. But a lot of times because we may tend to have gone through what these people have, we chime in our responses and sometimes because things are not delivered in a way that doesn't sound provocative, people get sensitive and feel that they're under attack.

On topic with regards to this, I feel sad that there have been good amazing members who have left this community (about 50% of them I know who left was because of dispute with others here or just feeling unwelcomed), and I'm thinking of people way back then from when I first joined here 2 years ago. I'm hoping that more people will try to calm down and try to understand that there are a lot of nice and helpful people here who do want to understand, hear them out and want to help and I hope they can try to keep an open mind and be receptive to others - they don't have to follow the advice given, but the least acknowledge them and think about them.

I hope also, that people can discuss opposing ideas without getting too sensitive about it and taking things too personally.. no discussion can take place like that. I know I have been one to have taken things personally myself, and it's difficult when discussing about topics that matter to you or mean a lot to you (and I have learned my lesson and do try to remain calm more), but we can, at the very least, not jump to conclusions and get angry.

I think that all these things I'm saying should likely be well understood by most but I'm just thinking saying it out here might be a gentle reminder to everyone - to please be kind with one another. If we attack each other and keep getting defensive, this community will break apart and people will not feel good being on here. I remember how things were on this forum back then. It wasn't like this at all. :(

Let's just try to keep things good and comforting for those who seek comfort and for those who seek help. Let's also remember, that as we all make our own choices in life, if someone clearly refuses to see things a certain way or accept any other solution, I think the best thing to do next is just to let them make that choice for themselves and continue to help where we can with the same person, and the others on here as well.

P.S.
This forum has done so so much for me, in so many ways. I'd hate to see it go crazy. Please, let's not let it get that way.

Honestly, Lady, people getting defensive - not just on the forum, but anywhere - can stem from them not liking someone. For example, as a person, I like you. I think you're kindhearted and gentle, and you really do give your heart's sincere advice. And if you said something to me that was on the edge of the fence, I wouldn't mind. I'd take your words to mind and think on it.

But if you take the words from someone that you just didn't get along with, you'd have a bigger chance to see the most unfavorable, archaic, inimical nonsense ever spouted from a pair of split lips. That's when people tend to become hostile, and then they tend to be combative. It's a chain reaction, and one that's not always so easily broken.

That, and not realizing that much of the advice people give is really in a general sense. If everything were personal, we'd be able to solve each others problems. And we can't do that. Not until we're all robots.

Latest posts

Back