What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I just want to start life over as someone else. I clearly have the wrong interests and personality for being someone who gets what they want. I'm fundamentally wrong. That's why I always fail.

I should have been interested in motorcycles or guns or stocks or sports or drugs or alcohol. I'm just a failure as a male, and a human being I guess. Women think I'm a pansy, and life just bowls over me. I don't have even enough competitive-ness to get anyone to hire me. I feel like a runt.

^ You "always fail" because all your energy is spend on being a failure. If all your energy goes there, how can you expect to go somewhere else?

You are a winner, SkaFish, it would be nice if you acted like it. :)

thinking about this time last year and all what happened.
I always expected to go wrong. I shouldn't have been surprized when it did.
Thinking back, she was a nutcase and she played the sympathy card and I fell for it.

I do not change for people on the internet. I find people who like me for being me. And a few do actually exist. I love those people.

Rosebolt said:
^ You "always fail" because all your energy is spend on being a failure. If all your energy goes there, how can you expect to go somewhere else?

Yea, I can definitely see how that's true. Sometimes, like yesterday, my thoughts get stuck in a rut. I just tell myself over and over again, out loud, that I'm just not a person that gets what they want, that I just can't do it and there's no way. And a whole lot of cursing until I feel like I'm foaming at the mouth. Everything I see seems to reflect that, but when I get into that mood and just complain, it takes up time that I could have spent climbing out instead. So in a sense, complaining only begets more of whatever it is that I was complaining about. That's where my energy is going, towards sitting in a chair reaffirming to myself that I'm a loser. If I put that same energy into doing what I feel a winner does, then maybe I would start acting like it like you said because I'd start seeing results and would get some momentum behind them.

I just wish I would start to see even the tiniest crack in this wall, though. Just a little proof that I'm not just going the wrong direction again.

TheSkaFish said:
Rosebolt said:

Yea, I can definitely see how that's true. Sometimes, like yesterday, my thoughts get stuck in a rut. I just tell myself over and over again, out loud, that I'm just not a person that gets what they want, that I just can't do it and there's no way. And a whole lot of cursing until I feel like I'm foaming at the mouth. Everything I see seems to reflect that, but when I get into that mood and just complain, it takes up time that I could have spent climbing out instead. So in a sense, complaining only begets more of whatever it is that I was complaining about. That's where my energy is going, towards sitting in a chair reaffirming to myself that I'm a loser. If I put that same energy into doing what I feel a winner does, then maybe I would start acting like it like you said because I'd start seeing results and would get some momentum behind them.

I just wish I would start to see even the tiniest crack in this wall, though. Just a little proof that I'm not just going the wrong direction again.
I think that you are totally wrong, what your hobbies are, are part of you, they don't make you, What is it that you do like? Think of the positives :)

TheSkaFish said:
Rosebolt said:

I think that you are totally wrong, what your hobbies are, are part of you, they don't make you, What is it that you do like? Think of the positives :)

Hoping my mind unwinds... thinking peace, rest, relaxation, & a better tomorrow would be superb!

chrish said:

I've always liked to use my imagination, make up stories. I like to read as well. I'm trying to learn guitar and to draw. I like history, and I've discovered a love for animals as well. It's almost contradictory, but I do also love the idea of cruising cars and sometimes I think i might like to learn to fly.

I'm also into being in shape, but it's not so much a fascination as much as I just feel it's a necessity that a lot of people wrongly let go.

TheSkaFish said:
chrish said:

I've always liked to use my imagination, make up stories. I like to read as well. I'm trying to learn guitar and to draw. I like history, and I've discovered a love for animals as well. It's almost contradictory, but I do also love the idea of cruising cars and sometimes I think i might like to learn to fly.

I'm also into being in shape, but it's not so much a fascination as much as I just feel it's a necessity that a lot of people wrongly let go.

I get what you mean, I used to run on my own a lot, it used to be nice to get out every now and then, it's something that I've missed since my knee gave in, as for anything else, this is just my opinion, but you are incredibly hard on yourself, I wish I could play the guitar, and write, but I'm terrible at both lol. Keep your head up mate, carry on being yourself, and you'll be just fine ;)

I feel like I am pulled to endless black hole or gorge and there's no way out. Just me and all the darkness.

I'm just sat here thinking to myself, thinking of old friends and times that have passed, watching this - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad to remind me what I stand for and to try and remember who I once was :/

Watching 'Dune' for the first time. And I remember a nerd-friend commenting about my eyes being "brighter than any fremen on arrakis"..

one more day until my slow life is over.. It's already starting.. Movie makers and tv makers contacting me everywhere. I'm nervous. My anxiety is acting up.

Rainbows said:
one more day until my slow life is over.. It's already starting.. Movie makers and tv makers contacting me everywhere. I'm nervous. My anxiety is acting up.

:) fingers crossed :) if I can say one thing for the anxiety, just remember that if it is bound to happen, it will happen, it's written, you cannot screw it up

edit. snailbob is a relaxing game

and i think the drapes and squares need to get along better.

Rainbows said:

You gonna be fine, I just know it. And you will always have us. <3

(I am excited for you!!)

Latest posts

Back